Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:24 am

Author Topic: Footballer Ched Evans  (Read 13456 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Footballer Ched Evans
« on: 06 January 2015, 06:40:56 pm »
 I am starting to feel a bit sorry Ched Evans, he is a convicted rapist, served 2.5 years of his 5 year sentence. He has always said he is not guilty and apparently his case is now under appeal.
Now if his appeal fails I reckon he should be banged up again for the rest of his sentence as rape is an unforgivable crime.
But this is getting out of hand now. Surely the lad has a right to get back to work now and all the media attention is making him unemployable as a footballer again.
As said if he is proven under appeal to have committed rape yes then bang him up again for the rest of his stretch.

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Footballer Ched Evans
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2015, 06:47:19 pm »
Fudnut
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2015, 07:00:37 pm »
there is absolutely no reason that he shouldnt return to work but he should get a proper job like the rest of us. as stated in my daily paper, there isnt a huge protest to re-instate a recently convicted rapist taxi driver to his former job after serving his sentence, why should ched evans be treated any differently just because he has a talent for footie?

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2015, 07:47:15 pm »
it wouldn't surprise me if he tops himself.       theres a lot of people against him they weren't there and we all know what good old british justice is like. ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2015, 10:35:20 pm »
interesting subject this, divided views........many fans against their clubs signing him whilst other fans want him signed

rehabilitation is something that most cops/judges advocate but some crimes go beyond that in my view, rape being one

irrespective if he done his full sentence or not......I would not employ someone who raped one of mine, for those calling for him to be able to get on with his life.....would you be saying the same if he raped your Mrs/daughter?
fire never sleeps

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
If he has any sense at all (he's a footballer !) he'll lie low until his appeal is heard. If he's successful loads of clubs will take him. In the meanwhile, and if his appeal fails, he needs to do something else. As said, plenty of 'ordinary' jobs around. 

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2015, 12:46:15 pm »
as stated in my daily paper, there isnt a huge protest to re-instate a recently convicted rapist taxi driver to his former job after serving his sentence

There would be if people know!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 January 2015, 02:51:45 pm »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 January 2015, 09:30:33 pm »
He'll be booed and insulted by the crowd at every game. Can't see it lasting

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 January 2015, 10:01:48 pm »
Booed by the crowd ?? it is Oldaham he has signed for lol, best way to keep the crowd silent is to score a few goals.
He did his time, his case is under appeal, we will see what happens. If he is cleared of the charge I hope the accuser has her day in court. If he is not cleared he should be banged up again for the rest of his sentence.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2015, 11:10:39 pm »
I'm thinking the opposition fans, especially during away matches ......

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2015, 11:15:32 pm »
I reckon he will get stick and then it will die out. If he behaves himself and keeps his nose clean well and good, somehow cannot see him as a pundit on MOD sitting alongside Alan Shearer or Gary Liniker.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 January 2015, 11:28:12 pm »
I reckon opposition fans will niggle him at every opportunity. Shouts and songs about rapists every time he touches the ball. And why wouldn't/shouldn't they ?
He's poison for the rest of this season.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2015, 11:29:13 pm by mtread »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2015, 07:33:14 am »
Well if he is 100% guilty why is his case under review? Before all the pack baying for blood completely destroy his life he should be given a break. But if his appeal is ruled against him and it turns out he has destroyed his victims life double the remaining term of his original sentence.

One thing he will not get an easy passage for some time if and when he is back in football.

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 January 2015, 07:36:08 am »
This was and is an odd case. If you are relying on the short newspaper versions but want the longer version try this one:
https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

There are aspects which make me have doubts about the conclusion. The conviction even if overturned will have made a few men think about their behaviour and the risks of how it is perceived in the cold sober light of day. The link to alcohol and what consent can and can't be given when drunk is the key for me.  It cuts both ways- if I jump on my bike after 12 points and kill someone everyone agrees I should be held accountable for my actions. Therefore decisions and agreements made when hammered are still agreements - even if the person doesn't remember making them.  Every fibre of me believes that rape in any circumstance is wrong- no is no - but was this a change of mind - even if any rational man would have realised she was likely to regret the decision in the morning - if this was a change of heart it wasn't rape. It was wrong and two men took advantage of a drunken girl who can't remember what happened and one has now been found guilty whilst the other wasn't.

But a jury of his  peers found him guilty so he is a sex offender on probation.  It is right that he couldn't flounce off overseas.  A sex offender shouldn't expect that they can stroll back into any job.  The taxi driver analogy is excellent. 

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2015, 11:36:11 am »
Interesting reading there Gingernutz.

I suppose it boils down to pre-booking a room and phoning your mates up when you pulled.

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 January 2015, 11:57:13 am »
Other major issue with the case:

The girl concerned claimed she wasn't drunk - I think almost exact quote was "tipsy, but not out of control". She then woke up the next morning with no memory of the night before, and assumed her drink had been spiked - a natural assumption if she genuinely hadn't drank much. Except for the fact she had drunk a considerable amount, by her own admission! Blood was tested, not even a hint of any kind of drug aside from cocaine and marijuana (not exactly drink spiking drugs) - although admittedly some can be out of your system very quickly.
The judge also noted that from the CCTV footage that she was "drunk enough that she should not have been having sex", and then applied that as a reason why it was more likely rape.

Personally, I very much question that last point - I've had a fair few occasions at uni when I've met a lass whilst battered and we've woken up with somewhat clouded memories - by that logic I could claim that as I don't remember giving permission, I was raped! I also don't wake up in the morning after a heavy nights drinking with a blurred memory and assume my drink was spiked!

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 January 2015, 02:06:24 pm »
Drunk girl goes back to hotel room with one bloke.
Second bloke turns up and enters the room, and 2 of his mates are outside the window filming.
One pissed woman 4 blokes.

Wonder what the story would have been if she had decided to leave at the point Ched Evens and his mates turned up ?

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 January 2015, 05:48:07 pm »
I have read the transcript on the posted link, looks as if all concerned were pissed. All concerned should be disgusted with there behaviour. I see Oldham have now decided not to sign him. Apparently some of the so called do gooders and other nutters have threatened to remove sponsorship deals etc! okay that is there right, but also some nutter has tweeted ? that if they do sign him a club director has been told that a rape will be carried out on his daughter. Also staff have been threatened with violence, isn't the society we live in wonderful.

Someone posted earlier how would I feel if it was my daughter that was raped(general question not aimed at me)

If that was my daughter or son and I found out she/he was behaving like that, sorry but she/he would be shown the door and told never come back, tramp and trash just about sums up all concerned.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2015, 05:50:47 pm by lew600fazer »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 January 2015, 10:40:56 pm »
Yes all were drunk, but that has nothing to do with it.
She was drunk but conscious when she had sex with his mate. That was consensual. Witnesses (Kebab shop, taxi driver) said that she was drunk but conscious when she entered the hotel.
The mate then texts Evans and invites him over, plus two others to film it. The judge and jury clearly believed she was not conscious by the time Evans turned up and that she had no recollection. That's rape.
They didn't believe his story that she was conscious and gave consent, and he can't prove it. His mate was lucky not to be prosecuted for aiding and abetting a rape.
Having sex with someone, however drunk you are, doesn't also give consent to all his mates or anyone else that happens to pass by.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 January 2015, 07:58:29 am »
So that is it then she says she was raped as she was that pissed and had passed out and is believed. I am sure the Chad Evans would have said she was awake and consented. The so called video footage was that recovered?
I wonder if he had been an ordinary Joe and not a pro footballer would the case ever got to court, very much doubt.

Only slight levels of Cocaine and Marijuana found in her blood stream, falls down pissed in a cafe, agrees to go to a hotel for sex. Sounds like a real classy lady, but yes she is entitled to the protection of the law, but so is Evans, he did his time but yet is still being punished.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 January 2015, 11:19:59 am »
He didn't do his time.
he still on licence and serving his sentence.
That's why he can't leave the country.

I wonder if he had been an ordinary Joe and not a pro footballer would the case ever got to court, very much doubt.

Poor little rich boy getting victimised because of his position ?
Is that what you are saying ?
« Last Edit: 09 January 2015, 11:21:21 am by Razgruff »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 January 2015, 01:36:02 pm »
No I am not saying poor little rich boy. He is being victimised by the do gooder or supposed to be do gooder public, threats are being made against Oldham football club employees if they sign him.
Okay he is out on licience, why is he out on licence, is there some doubt here about if he is actually guilty.
This is typical of the media hyping this case up and by so doing ensuring Ched Evans will not be able to play pro football again.

I am sure that poor innocent wee girl has been left totally traumatised by this whole life changing expeirence. She will no longer be using drugs , getting pissed and stopping strange men in the street and going to a hotel after agreeing to have sex with said stranger. I doubt it very much. Disgusting behaviour by all concerned.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 January 2015, 03:28:09 pm »
Okay he is out on licence, why is he out on licence, is there some doubt here about if he is actually guilty.

Prisons are over crowded they kick em out as soon as they can. Like the hospitals

He is being victimised by the do gooder or supposed to be do gooder public, threats are being made against Oldham football club employees if they sign him.

So he's the victim in this ?

I am sure that poor innocent wee girl has been left totally traumatised by this whole life changing expeirence. She will no longer be using drugs , getting pissed and stopping strange men in the street and going to a hotel after agreeing to have sex with said stranger. I doubt it very much.

I saw nothing in the transcript about her stopping anyone ?
Your comment looks like the standard it's her own fault.
Maybe we should adopt the Hijab for our women, so that our poor men don't become inflamed by passion due to the behaviour and dress of women.

Being drunk don't mean that you are up for a gangbang where I come from, maybe it's different round your way.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2015, 05:03:42 pm »
Well said!