Date: 28-03-24  Time: 17:57 pm

Author Topic: FZS €uro Tour  (Read 13141 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: FZS €uro Tour
« Reply #50 on: 14 November 2014, 12:39:21 pm »
If you ever do a round the world trip, we will have entertainment for a lifetime!  :lol

Enjoying it so far, although I'm a bit behind on watching them all - I will catch up, honest!

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 November 2014, 12:41:08 pm »
Ha ha! Cheers Nick! so true!

You'd better hurry up, there's at least another 6 in the tank and I want to get them all out before Christmas!!

:lol

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 November 2014, 06:13:13 pm »
In FACT!!

Here's a cheeky sneak preview.

This is Episode 14. It's a snappy short one, but such a great little stretch of road that it was simply too good not to include in the series!

It's not public yet, so this is a Foc-U exclusive!

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24 November 2014, 08:59:18 am »
Here's the next episode. E15.

A quick drive through Valencia.

papercutout

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 25 November 2014, 12:07:17 am »
Looking good mate! I definitely think I'll let you know when I'm heading through Europe next year, to see if you want to meet up/join! Really surprised btw - you said 'have some Spanishy music', I shazam'd it, and you came up. Totally unexpected!

I've just got back from Barcelona, 20 degree's during the day, at the end of November. Ice covered bike in the airport back here in the UK, 100 miles of freezing fog home. Not such an enjoyable ending!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 25 November 2014, 03:26:47 am »
Well, actually managed to get fully up to date today. Enjoyed the mountain road bits especially and I'm totally in agreement, mountains are great places to be!

I spent a lot of the first episodes with a growing niggle of, "hang on a minute, what's the point?!" Then got to the bit where you stayed with your uncle; ahhhhh! But I can't help but think that much of the journey seemed like a bit of a chore, covering all the mileage and only stopping for fuel and to overnight. I guess you had time constraints that made this necessary, which was a shame, cos I kept thinking, "go off the beaten track, go and feckin explore somewhere, go to an interesting museum, spend a day in a historic city, what the hell are (aren't) you doing!??"  :lol

But you managed to keep me watching, cos quite clearly, you are totally off your rocker  :)

The other thing I got to thinking (so now that's two thoughts, so I'll have to have a lie down) was, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a camera mounted higher up, perhaps on some kind of vertical pole, and pointing a bit sideways, to catch some of the scenery a bit more? Hmmmm, could be worth a try?

Anyway, thanks for keeping me entertained for a day of my enforced six weeks off with bugger all to do - still got two weeks to go, how about another 30 or so episodes?  :D

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 November 2014, 10:03:04 am »
Looking good mate! I definitely think I'll let you know when I'm heading through Europe next year, to see if you want to meet up/join! Really surprised btw - you said 'have some Spanishy music', I shazam'd it, and you came up. Totally unexpected!

I've just got back from Barcelona, 20 degree's during the day, at the end of November. Ice covered bike in the airport back here in the UK, 100 miles of freezing fog home. Not such an enjoyable ending!

Definitely mate! I'm just not getting out enough lately. Partly because of the same weather here in Hamburg as you're having back home. Although chances of snow here are more like 98%!!

So do let me know if you're swinging through. I'd really like to get a ride home in the Spring too. A few bike meets on the 'wrong' side of the road would be the icing on the cake! 

And yeah, I try to use my own music as much as possible. I started doing that before the bike videos, but steadily trying to make them symbiotic.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2014, 10:04:28 am by apage16 »

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 November 2014, 10:08:36 am »
Well, actually managed to get fully up to date today. Enjoyed the mountain road bits especially and I'm totally in agreement, mountains are great places to be!

I spent a lot of the first episodes with a growing niggle of, "hang on a minute, what's the point?!" Then got to the bit where you stayed with your uncle; ahhhhh! But I can't help but think that much of the journey seemed like a bit of a chore, covering all the mileage and only stopping for fuel and to overnight. I guess you had time constraints that made this necessary, which was a shame, cos I kept thinking, "go off the beaten track, go and feckin explore somewhere, go to an interesting museum, spend a day in a historic city, what the hell are (aren't) you doing!??"  :lol

But you managed to keep me watching, cos quite clearly, you are totally off your rocker  :)

The other thing I got to thinking (so now that's two thoughts, so I'll have to have a lie down) was, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a camera mounted higher up, perhaps on some kind of vertical pole, and pointing a bit sideways, to catch some of the scenery a bit more? Hmmmm, could be worth a try?

Anyway, thanks for keeping me entertained for a day of my enforced six weeks off with bugger all to do - still got two weeks to go, how about another 30 or so episodes?  :D

Wow! Thats a lot of viewing Nick! Thanks for taking the time! More episodes are forthcoming. I've got so much footage it's sick! It's going to be at least another 5 just to get back to Hamburg!

You're absolutely right though. The trip could have been SO much more fulfilling, but sadly I misjudged the distance to cover vs the time that I had. This should really have been a months trip, or 2 separate adventures! Still, you live and learn.

The camera on a pole trick actually makes an appearance in the next episode as it happens!

Hope it continues to curb your boredom! Meanwhile, have you seen any of The Gentleman Bikers videos? He rides a Fazer 400 Naked. Very similar sense of humour to me. I really enjoy his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GentlemanBikerVlog

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25 November 2014, 10:32:14 am »
The camera on a pole trick actually makes an appearance in the next episode as it happens!

Hope it continues to curb your boredom! Meanwhile, have you seen any of The Gentleman Bikers videos? He rides a Fazer 400 Naked. Very similar sense of humour to me. I really enjoy his videos.

Not surprised you thought of the camera-on-a-stick trick - there are a few vids out there where people have done it to good effect, so I'll look forward to your results  :)
If I ever get around to doing a trip that's worth filming, I think it's something I'll try. I've been struggling to find a good way to mount my cheap little camera higher up, but then realised that well, actually, I'd still be catching a lot of footage of hedges etc, even with it helmet mounted.

You've done really well with all the editing stuff, not sure I could ever get to that level. A lot of work has obviously gone into it, to good effect. That's the other thing that keeps me watching, as we can all just bolt a camera on, lop out a few bits and pieces and lob it on YT (well, unless you go by the moniker of red98 that is  :rollin    :pokefun).

Not sure I want to watch someone riding a Fazer 400 whilst naked though  :eek   :lol

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 28 November 2014, 09:57:34 am »

Not surprised you thought of the camera-on-a-stick trick - there are a few vids out there where people have done it to good effect, so I'll look forward to your results  :)
If I ever get around to doing a trip that's worth filming, I think it's something I'll try. I've been struggling to find a good way to mount my cheap little camera higher up, but then realised that well, actually, I'd still be catching a lot of footage of hedges etc, even with it helmet mounted.

You've done really well with all the editing stuff, not sure I could ever get to that level. A lot of work has obviously gone into it, to good effect. That's the other thing that keeps me watching, as we can all just bolt a camera on, lop out a few bits and pieces and lob it on YT (well, unless you go by the moniker of red98 that is  :rollin    :pokefun ).

Not sure I want to watch someone riding a Fazer 400 whilst naked though  :eek   :lol

Cheers Nick, really appreciate it. I've always enjoyed stuff like this, so it's a bit of a lifelong labour of love! I definitely studied the wrong thing at university...

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 28 November 2014, 09:59:03 am »
OK! OK! OK!

Stop hassling me! Here's the next episode!

I went crazy with a new camera angle in this one, and then turned into a PiP whore!

Prepare to be visually overstimulated!!

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 10 December 2014, 11:49:54 am »
Sorry all who are watching this thread for updates (which must be none, because you've all already subscribed to my youtube channel right? RIGHT?!)

But here is the next instalment.

The journey to, and arrival in the beautiful Medieval Hilltop town of Morella.

As ever, likes, shares, further postings, comments, jibes, piss-takings and maybe even the odd compliment are all very readily received!

Cheers!

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 19 December 2014, 06:46:42 pm »
More episodes.

Here's 18.

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 19 December 2014, 06:47:41 pm »
Swiftly followed by 19....

Number 20 is currently browning off nicely in the oven...

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06 January 2015, 12:19:57 pm »
Had to happen sometime.

In this episode, the bad weather catches up with me as I head north...

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06 January 2015, 12:21:00 pm »
...And while running away from the rain in episode 20, I manage to find even MORE in episode 21.

Shame I didn't take any REAL waterproofs...

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 06 January 2015, 04:08:12 pm »
Fudnut
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))