Date: 25-04-24  Time: 06:47 am

Author Topic: renthal bars  (Read 1872 times)

caretaker62

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
renthal bars
« on: 20 December 2014, 11:35:49 pm »
hi folks could someone tell me what bars fit 2001 fzs fazer, and is there any probs when fitting,what differance they make,and do the original bar ends fit.will new bars hit ferrin.thanks ct62

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: renthal bars
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2014, 09:21:42 am »
I've fitted 758 ultra lows to 2 out of 3 of my boxeyes. They're slightly wider, but quite a bit straighter. In all essence a lot more comfy!

The standard bat ends don't fit, as Renthals have a 13mm inside diameter, and are not threaded. Just buy a set of Renthal bar ends (or flea bay equivalent) not mega bucks.

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

helloindustries

• Weekend Warrior
  • #choochoomotherfucker
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800fi 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2014, 07:37:01 pm »
I have 756's on mine as they were the closest i could find to the original bar shape.

Only thing you'll need to do is drill holes for the switches (warning: Renthals are THICK), or grind the locator off and either wrap some electrical tape around to supply grip so that they don't rotate or move, or you could use some very thin rubber sheeting.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2014, 08:58:30 pm »
Yeah, forgot about the switchgear locating lugs.

After fitting plenty of Renthal type bars for people, it's far more effective and more adjustable to file the lugs off almost flush and use a couple of layers of tape around the bars.

Its VERY easy to drill the bars wrong, so unless you get everything right first time I'd suggest not to drill.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

helloindustries

• Weekend Warrior
  • #choochoomotherfucker
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800fi 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2014, 09:01:55 pm »
Yeah, forgot about the switchgear locating lugs.

After fitting plenty of Renthal type bars for people, it's far more effective and more adjustable to file the lugs off almost flush and use a couple of layers of tape around the bars.

Its VERY easy to drill the bars wrong, so unless you get everything right first time I'd suggest not to drill.

Agreed.

Though i had mine drilled. Now i want to change the positions of the switches. So i'll have to take it all apart and get filing.

Might go for some lower and slightly wider bars come spring, though.

caretaker62

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 December 2014, 05:54:47 pm »
thanks for all the info really great help, will be one of my new year jobs was told i can use rawl bolts on my old bar ends slide them in and tighten up, will give it a go, merry christmas to all ct62

Rev Chris

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Framfield Church
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2015, 08:30:44 pm »
Iv'e fitted the Renthal Ultra low bars. Really nice; re-drilled the holes for the controls. You do get a little fowling with the bars on the fairing which restricts full lock. Apart from that they are really comfortable.