Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:11 pm

Author Topic: Was trying to find the owner of a Green, 2007 FZ1:  (Read 2503 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Was trying to find the owner of a Green, 2007 FZ1:
« on: 21 August 2020, 09:46:06 pm »
I am looking to course to buy a FZ1 that possibly used to belong to someone of this forum (which is very cool, as my FZS was bought from and then sold to a forum member). The bike originally had a Akro full system and a PowerCommander5, but these got removed before being sold to the current owner. I would like to talk to the previous owner and find out what other bits were fitted and what work was done on the bike when they had it.
« Last Edit: 26 August 2020, 10:00:20 am by b1k3rdude »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find the owner of a Green, 2007 FZ1 (fellow foccer)
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2020, 08:48:57 pm »
So after some basic online research it turned out the bike had likely been dropped, as its current colour wasn't what it left the factory with or what the DVLA had registered. I also did a full history check by texting BIKE to 83600 (only cost £3.10) and the bike came back clean (so no cat D etc.)

Then after getting a bunch of photos of the bike it was evident that the bike had been also recently dropped (yes, again, but minor), as it turns out by the father of the current owner (bent tail tidy, twisted non-std indicators, scuffed can, bent gear lever, scuffed bar end).  I made an honest and genuine offer for the bike, which was reduction from the original price to cover all the bent and scuffed bits I would have to replace. That and I would need to inspect the frame to check there was no damage from the previous accident etc. Its been 2 days and no contact.

Fair warning to anyone else that might come across this bike - it was listed on FB, registration starting SP07.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2021, 05:32:06 pm by b1k3rdude »