Date: 23-04-24  Time: 13:09 pm

Author Topic: Meta Alarm?  (Read 1481 times)

Ricki_fz6

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Meta Alarm?
« on: 22 November 2014, 05:34:38 pm »
Hey folks - first post as a Fazer owner! Apart from my intro post I suppose...

Anyway, kind of not specific to the FZ6 but i bought a second hand 2006 model the other day and it has a Meta Alarm system fitted (not sure which model) which is awesome, I have a keyfob for it to disarm/arm etc. Now, when it is armed the rear brake light flashes (very quickly and dimly) around 9 or 10 times as a sign that it's been armed (assumedly) But after that it actually continues to flash once every 3 seconds along with a little red led on the dash console too.

Is this supposed to happen? I know the alarm is working when activated - i shoogled the bike and it went off like a banshee! Just wanted to make sure the continuous flicking every 3 seconds or so of the rear light is a normal characteristic of the bike having a Meta alarm fitted

Any thoughts or prior knowledge?

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Meta Alarm?
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2014, 08:28:14 pm »
Are you sure its the brake light and not the led warning light from the alarm, is the light at the front from the immobilizer? this is the set up on my MT

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2014, 09:13:02 pm »
Its normal for the LED to flash every 3 seconds or so, but as Chaz said, are you sure its not just an LED hidden inside the rear light, rather than the rear light itself?

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2014, 10:19:08 pm »
Whip the seat off and take the bulb out of the rear light, reset the alarm and see if the bulb flashes, don't think it will though.

If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

Ricki_fz6

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2014, 07:47:36 am »
It could well be a hidden LED, i hadn't considered that. I'll take a closer look later on today.