Date: 26-04-24  Time: 02:29 am

Author Topic: Bastard!  (Read 5817 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard!
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2014, 02:17:43 pm »
I blame the judiciary/HMG more.......the sentences handed down for most crimes are shockingly lenient
fire never sleeps

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2014, 02:25:08 pm »
Interesting that his helmet came off.
Intentionally left blank

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2014, 03:27:21 pm »
Interesting that his helmet came off.

Sounds like just the result of a savage head impact.  :(

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2014, 06:08:57 pm »
i know that road well very busy at times I bet the poor biker just had nowhere to go .......makes you think how quickly everything can change  :o 
Its just a ride

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2014, 06:43:24 pm »
My wife has epilepsy, she has never held a licence....it's a pain in the arse, but a neccesity....especially for others.

She sometimes has a rant because of the general state of folk on the roads these days & to be fair i've let her drive my car up the airfield and she's is a pretty switched on driver.......(she's an even better back seat driver which does my head in but it's only because she observes general roadcraft when she's out with me and i'm only too happy to tell her all the bits n bobs of driving where i can).

She sometimes says to me via frustration "id be fine driving....look at the state of these fuckers..... if i felt bad i just would t drive".....& i try to explain that once you're commited to being a driver it is very difficult to turn away.......people will kid themselves that they are ok to drive.....why?.....because modern life is harsh and critical and we're alll in a rush.....& people that are impaired are not gonna say "actually i dont feel fit tight now" because they will already be commited......it's a big problem.....theres no real support fo the person who relies solely on transport for everything else in their life.....their livelyhood, house, kids etc.......just doctors and police with matter of fact answers or advice but no support structure outwith.

But i think that the medical conditions are the least of our worries.....it's the old farts that are the real danger.......focccccccin ell........probably half of them were never good drivers to start with...before they grew old, frail, disabled, disturbed, inept, delirious, blind, deaf , overly entitled and more stubborn than they ever were in their youth.....these are the danger.....again being shafted by society because they know fine well that they will get screwed over by the system if they just volunteer their licence away......these folk are our enemies on the roads and probably popping more pills than the average illegal raver scaffolder.

Old story of causing many accidents whilst being involved in few.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

.....it's the old farts that are the real danger.......focccccccin ell........probably half of them were never good drivers to start with...before they grew old, frail, disabled, disturbed, inept, delirious, blind, deaf , overly entitled and more stubborn than they ever were in their youth.....these are the danger....

Obviously your talkin about Red98....
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2014, 08:14:42 pm »

.....it's the old farts that are the real danger.......focccccccin ell........probably half of them were never good drivers to start with...before they grew old, frail, disabled, disturbed, inept, delirious, blind, deaf , overly entitled and more stubborn than they ever were in their youth.....these are the danger....

Ahem! :lol

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2014, 11:11:36 pm »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 November 2014, 07:23:38 am »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So you young scrotes are against all us over 50s

not our fault you  yung uns are all in such a hurry,,,slooooowww doowwwwnnn :D
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2014, 08:36:29 am »
Bit unfair pointing fingers at old school drivers, there are bad drivers, and pedestrians, from all ages and walks of life that are more than capable of being a complete arse when anywhere near a road.

Around my area i can quite easily pick out the worst culprits who are more than guaranteed to drive like nobody else is on the road, and who continuously freak me out when riding to and from work, i genuinely don't know how, or even if, they have valid driving licences because they seem so blinkered when on the road it's like i simply don't exist.

I'm not going to say who they are because i don't want to be controversial, and also wouldn't want to upset any Asian women who undoubtedly read this forum.  :tape   :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2014, 09:31:33 am »
now now boys....no need for that..i have a day out with swimbo and come back to this  :\ .......foccing bastar*d`s   :finger ......so to christo,noggy and the nut that is exup.......think it was 1982,the last time i fell off my bike   :pokefun ....... :lol 
One, is never going to be enough.....

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2014, 11:42:33 am »
That's about the last time I saw my knob. Us old gits need to stick together.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2014, 02:18:41 pm »
now now boys....no need for that..i have a day out with swimbo and come back to this  :\ .......foccing bastar*d`s   :finger ......so to christo,noggy and the nut that is exup.......think it was 1982,the last time i fell off my bike   :pokefun ....... :lol

Point pointed!  :b

TBH, I was laughing at Noggy rather than anything. Gots to keep the banter rolling!  :)
The Deef's apprentice

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2014, 02:51:42 pm »
All taken in good humour christo......noticed the other two have gone quiet....  :pokefun

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2014, 03:16:42 pm »
How old do I have to be to be considered one of these "old farts?"
Actually, noggy, I think you will find bad drivers right across the age spectrum.
Driving is a complex activity requiring,amongst other things, good psychomotor skills-some have them and some dont.
Doesnt take much to pass a car test-some never learn anything ever again in what could be a 60 year driving career :eek

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2014, 03:28:14 pm »
Foc me.....66.........your definitely an an old fart...... :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2014, 05:18:43 pm »

Oh yeh Christo pussying out eh with that old "i was just luaghing at noggy" chestnut. :lol

Actually Red has a foccin point.....i was born in 82 and since then i've crashed once...Red nil.......probably going just fast enough to stay balanced while not going fast so fast that your stabilisers fall off eh Red :b .

My gripe is at the portrayed fear of this guy and his sleep apnea although nowhere in the story does it actually say why he fell asleep.....he was advised not to drive.....plus advice is far different to being ordered isnt it........plus another thing :grumble .....quite what type of this sleep apnea he had isnt described......i always thought that most folk with sleep apnea just stopped breathing "when" they fall asleep rather than just randomly falling asleep in the middle of the day with no warning...the fact that he had sleep apnea is irrelevant.....the fact that he had driven for too long, fatigued himself and subsequently fell asleep is fully relavent.

So i kinda think the news story is a little bit of bullshit panic about folk with medical conditions and in actual fact anybody can fall asleep at the wheel if they arent responsible.

And like i say these conditions make up such a small percentage of drivers whereby the old folk are a very large percentage and growing all the time in an ageing society.

While the old farts are a danger i dont totally blame them....like i say the system is out to get them and although it is responsible to hand in their keys they know fine well that honesty isnt always the best policy and because of that its all to easy to kid themselves that they are still fit to drive.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2014, 05:28:00 pm by noggythenog »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2014, 07:01:04 pm »
The guy ruins a mans life and a families to boot get 30 months and will be out after 15 months I expect, does not have his licence revoked for life.

But just to stir the pot I bet I pay less for motor car and motorcycle insurance than a 25 year old and me being 66, I wonder why that would be. :nana
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2014, 07:09:10 pm »

But just to stir the pot I bet I pay less for motor car and motorcycle insurance than a 25 year old and me being 66, I wonder why that would be. :nana

Coz you wont be in a rush to get your oats! :evil

Coz they know that you're more than likely to be down the bingo hall or letching from the veranda of some costa del coffee shop than actually driving or riding........& when you are on or in a motor then chances are youll have nowt to get to fast in the first place :lol ............

"Oh foc......i better get home...........fray bentos pie & mushy peas again" :b

;)
« Last Edit: 23 November 2014, 09:00:06 pm by noggythenog »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2014, 08:27:01 pm »

[/quote]

because they know the pension only stretches so far :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2014, 10:57:53 pm »
There are two Types of Sleep Apnea 

Why should airflow into the lungs drop during sleep?
There are two main causes. These causes define the two major types of sleep apnea:

Type of Sleep Apnea

Obstructive Sleep Apnea....... Airflow is blocked.......Air cannot enter lungs properly.
caused by weight , tonsil ,jaw issues ...this is the most common.

Central Sleep apnea... your breath is reduced wich can cause Heart failure. problem lies within brain for this one.

A person with sleep apnea usually has one of the two types predominate. A third type of sleep apnea is "mixed sleep apnea" -- a combination of obstructive and central.

When people talk about "sleep apnea," they usually mean obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). OSA is more common in the general population than central sleep apnea.

Snoring is related to OSA. About 70% of people with OSA will snore. About 25% of people who snore have OSA

ever nodded off and woke with a gasp/snort/fart then nodded back off ..well that's your brain telling you, you stopped
breathing and there is something wrong ..wake up quick ....we probably all done it.

if you do it quite often go to the docs get it checked out .

black and white terms is you stop breathing when your asleep and your brain wakes you up before you pop off.

also when/if you get diagnosed with SA you get advised to inform the DVLA by the hospital/doctors ...wich is down to you to do...in turn you will lose your licence for a year depending what you drive could be more if you drive wagons/trucks(4 yrs if I recall)

« Last Edit: 23 November 2014, 11:02:17 pm by R1FSR »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2014, 11:33:07 pm »
Some sound sleep science there mr R1....made me a little sleepy but im hanging on there. :D

But am i just tripping here or does sleep apnea only happen to people that sleep?

Or can you have awake apnea whereby you suddenly go from a state of being awake and in the middle of a complex task, in the middle of the afternoon after a few coffees.......to suddenly collapsing into a state of unconsciousness???...not talking diabetes.....or visiting the inlaws. :b
« Last Edit: 23 November 2014, 11:35:23 pm by noggythenog »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 November 2014, 02:32:21 am »
Some sound sleep science there mr R1....made me a little sleepy but im hanging on there. :D

But am i just tripping here or does sleep apnea only happen to people that sleep?

Or can you have awake apnea whereby you suddenly go from a state of being awake and in the middle of a complex task, in the middle of the afternoon after a few coffees.......to suddenly collapsing into a state of unconsciousness???...not talking diabetes.....or visiting the inlaws. :b

You mean Narcolepsy.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #24 on: 24 November 2014, 11:58:43 am »
also when/if you get diagnosed with SA you get advised to inform the DVLA by the hospital/doctors ...wich is down to you to do...in turn you will lose your licence for a year depending what you drive

But not if it's being successfully treated.

A friend uses a CPA machine which has "cured" his sleep apnoea and he's allowed to drive.