Date: 20-04-24  Time: 13:59 pm

Author Topic: Question  (Read 2270 times)

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
Question
« on: 18 September 2014, 04:46:11 pm »
New to Fazer 1000 ownership I'm very impressed by it's ability to pull high gears at low speeds...I can go to 25mph in 6th and accelerate away smoothly, no labouring or juddering....is this normal or has my bike been "Ivanised " and how would I tell without stripping it ??
Greg

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2014, 11:07:40 pm »
Mine is the same, it has the Ivan's MB kit and 4 degree ignition advancer.

It's like riding a twist and go if you want, or mad hooligan if you really pull the trigger.

If you have the full monty ivan's kit, the easiest way to check is to look for a modified  airbox lid and non standard air filter.

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2014, 07:47:48 am »
Mine is the same, it has the Ivan's MB kit and 4 degree ignition advancer.

It's like riding a twist and go if you want, or mad hooligan if you really pull the trigger.

If you have the full monty ivan's kit, the easiest way to check is to look for a modified  airbox lid and non standard air filter.
Thanks for the reply...what would I be looking for on the airbox lid ? holes ?
Greg

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2014, 04:19:35 pm »
There is a thread that shows the airbox modification but I cant find it just now.

Here is a good site for all things Fazer FZS1000 [size=78%]http://cartestsoftware.com/fz1/[/size]

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2014, 08:00:04 pm »
Here are some pics of mine
I was  just fitting a new air filter  and found that the one fitted was a piper X one the same as I'd  bought.
Andy

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2014, 08:31:30 pm »
Thanks for that, I'll have a look tomorrow.
Greg

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2014, 11:03:09 am »
New to Fazer 1000 ownership I'm very impressed by it's ability to pull high gears at low speeds...I can go to 25mph in 6th and accelerate away smoothly, no labouring or juddering....is this normal or has my bike been "Ivanised " and how would I tell without stripping it ??
Greg
They all do that sir...
As far as I know (I haven't had it done yet), the easiest way to tell is if has been Ivanised is to see if it starts well without the choke. The standard bike needs a little choke and a little throttle to get it going, the Ivanised bike doesn't.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2014, 11:09:36 am »
You could start by PM'ing me with the name of the previous owner(s) if you happen to have that info.  I'll check and see if it's one that I've done on my travels. :)

The airbox lid will confirm Full Monty but not Ivan's Slip-on kit installation.  The choke/no-choke starting might be a clue but isn't reliable enough.  Likewise, roll-off/roll-on in top gear isn't bad with the stock carb set up.

To be certain, you need to check one of the carb needles.  No 2 carb is easiest to access with the tank up.  Remove the carb top (2 screws) and lift out the diaphragm and slide.  Remove the needle and if it has SD-129 or SD-130 stamped around the top, it's a standard needle.  If it's not standard, take a photo and post it here - I'll be able to identify it for you.

Mike

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2014, 04:44:12 pm »
PM sent
Greg

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2014, 05:07:16 pm »
Just tried starting it without the choke, has been stood two weeks and fired up first touch.
Greg

lee2475

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2014, 10:02:05 pm »
Mine still needs choke to start even after mike done the full monty.
But mine was far from smooth low revs before she was Ivanised, Totally transformed now though, its like riding another bike.