Date: 25-04-24  Time: 17:24 pm

Author Topic: I do miss it !!  (Read 2546 times)

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
I do miss it !!
« on: 16 September 2014, 09:41:39 pm »
After having swapped my Cracking FZS 600 in Feb this year I'm finding that I miss the little bugger, the TDM I swapped her for is ace and I love its torquey high up ride and comfiness but the Fazer was summat else. I had no fear dropping it into corners but I'm finding that I aint got near as much confidence with doing the same on the TDM .

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: I do miss it !!
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
That's a shame, but i s'pose you won't know these things until you try.

What's the plan then?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2014, 09:52:22 pm »
Exactly that Darrsi , I needed something taller for my height but I dint think of the Fazer till our lass mentioned it on a ride to Whitby today and I've been cryin since lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2014, 10:58:45 pm »
You could always go back to one again
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2014, 11:05:11 pm »
Exactly that Darrsi , I needed something taller for my height but I dint think of the Fazer till our lass mentioned it on a ride to Whitby today and I've been cryin since lol

I test rode a TDM before buying the Fazer, I found it very comfy but the Fazer just felt a bit more stable. Not really sure it was anything I could put my finger on but I just felt more confident on the Fazer (important for a first bike).
However, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too tall for it as my knees kill after an hour, which damn near breaks my heart as other than that it's perfect for me. I test rode an MT-09 earlier in the year and am going to chop mine in for one when I have the cash. The riding position is perfect for me and it has all the handling and power I'm going to need. I'd recommend one any day.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2014, 08:03:49 am »
Hi fazersharp, yeah I could but my missus would'nt be happy. It was her more than me who struggled with the rear pegs being so high. I could drop them down a bit but not enough or get rid of her I suppose :lol :lol

Mr selfdestuct, could'nt agree more mate , I loved the Fazer but It was just a little small for my 6' 6" frame, the TDM is perfect but I find I'm tootling about instead of having a bit o fun, is that right for a 56 year old?????

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2014, 08:51:13 am »
Been there with the TDM 3B, and I know what you mean. I bought mine for commuting, and in a nutshell, they're really boring, and not particularly good at anything!
I can understand how your finding it hard to find a bike for your size, and an adventure bike is probably right for ya. I've got mutant long arms and legs, and on the Fazer it gets a bit cramped after a while.
What about a tiger 1050? Perfect for a chap of your dimentions, and you can chuck them around a fair bit. And pillion comfort is really good.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2014, 10:33:23 am »
I find it hard to believe a TDM is boring.

I had a 900 for years and it lifted the front wheel on the throttle alone.  I out dragged many sports bikes off the lights commuting into London with its low punch and it could be a proper hooligan bike if you threw it around and with Fuel silencers sounded the business.

I nearly went back to one but went for the faz instead.
« Last Edit: 17 September 2014, 10:35:07 am by Fazafou »

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2014, 11:22:38 am »
I had a Gen2 850, and it was just a bit too bland. Don't think my suspension was too clever either which didn't help.

I think the 900 is a bit of a different bike from what I've heard, depends on what your after methinks.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2014, 11:27:58 am »
Yamaha did hear about your wife's gripes and did change the set up for a pillion on bikes from 2000 and onwards.

Google "Fazer differences by year"  :)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2014, 11:34:08 am »
Hi guys and thanks, I think a suspension check may be in order cos it does seem to skip a little at the front, something I aint experienced before , Is it a case of just winding the adjusters out a bit to soften the front ??

Ta Buck

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2014, 12:12:03 pm »
Hi guys and thanks, I think a suspension check may be in order cos it does seem to skip a little at the front, something I aint experienced before , Is it a case of just winding the adjusters out a bit to soften the front ??

Ta Buck
I think they're a bit squidgy at the front anyway, but give it a go with the adjusters and see what it does. Can sometimes make quite a difference.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2014, 03:07:14 pm »
Cheers Stevierst , I'll give it a go, would love a Tiger but could'nt afford one just yet, they do hold their money so must be a good advert for em.

Buck

Fazafou

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2014, 03:49:26 pm »
Having the larger front wheel can seem strange to some people, I think R6 wheels are a straight swap and can make the front feel a little more planted but will pitch you slightly forward unless you lower the rear.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2014, 06:06:41 pm »
Thats a thought Fazafou but if i did I suppose I could get some up-n-back bar risers

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 September 2014, 06:29:35 pm »
Cheers Stevierst , I'll give it a go, would love a Tiger but could'nt afford one just yet, they do hold their money so must be a good advert for em.

Buck

I can give you a good advert for them. Mine's a '98 carb job with Sprint cams (100bhp) and PR4's which can stay with 95% of riders round the twisties, outdrag shed loads at the TGP .......... and they just got better and better. I'm 6'4 so share some of the issues with the Fazer...........but its also got awesome character like the Tiger which is why I love them both. A 1050 Sport sir? Go on then.... :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 September 2014, 06:30:15 pm »
I fitted a pair of Renthals to mine, but can't remember the model number. They were quite a bit wider and straighter. Made a bit of comfort difference.

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 September 2014, 07:45:15 pm »
I'm in the same boat now. At 6'5" I get really fidgety on my runs to Norfolk, I know I could stop more often, but I need to maximize my time there, so I tend to just crack on and only stop for fuel. That's why I'm now thinking of a varadero type thing. To be honest, thats what I set out to buy before the fazer, but was sold on the looks of the thing and a youtube vid of one going for it through the gears. I love it to bits and wish I could afford 2 bikes. If I do sell, it will be the hardest bike to let go, even though I have only had it since April.

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 September 2014, 11:14:53 pm »
I thought of getting one..still may
The Frying Scotsman