Date: 16-04-24  Time: 07:20 am

Author Topic: The Jock vote  (Read 33650 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Re: The Jock vote
« Reply #125 on: 17 September 2014, 12:24:52 am »
It was the Solid Trade Unions that fucked the country up in the first place. Upper Clyde Ship Builders, for years with their strikes , late delivery of ships and build quality was a fucking joke. Trust me I can comment on the quality of ships built on the Clyde , Belfast and also the Tyne ship yards absolute shite.

Do you wanna ken a country that has Solid Trade Unions?  Germany.  It has a strong unionised labour force, some of the best terms and working conditions in the world.  And you know what, they protected their industry.  Think of cars, VW, AUDI, BMW, Porsche.  Wages terms and conditions that workers in the UK can only dream of now.

Sir John Harvey Jones, said, I think;

There is no such thing as bad industrial relations - only bad management.

Ironic that in your defence of the workers, you cite someone that turfed a third of the ICI workforce onto the dole in order to boost ICI's profits....

Agreed, instead of trying to compete we just accepted defeat and the industries vanished over to Korea, Vietnam and even Japan
« Last Edit: 17 September 2014, 12:25:23 am by lew600fazer »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 17 September 2014, 01:52:24 am »
I'm having a wee dram to show solidarity to my Scottish friends.  I hope the vote goes whatever way you want it. All the best.   Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 17 September 2014, 06:52:34 am »
Man after my own heart Mickey. Think I'll join you in a wee half tonight :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 17 September 2014, 07:59:55 am »
This was taken when I was visiting my brother who lives in Crosshouse not far from Kilmarnock.
Which one is looking for light at the end of the tunnel? Or could it be if you vote YES one could get shit on.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 17 September 2014, 10:16:23 am »
If your definition of decent industrial relations is if you don't like it foc off there is all ways some else  to do it and probably cheaper , then we are all in the shit .

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 17 September 2014, 01:01:48 pm »
I just hope the people voting vote whatever way they feel is right and that they aren't scared into going against what they believe in whatever it is. It would obviously suit everyone else if ye stayed together because it's stability but it's not about everyone else it's about what the Scottish want for their country so good luck to them. It's a tough decision.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 17 September 2014, 06:27:45 pm »
Only taken a glancing interest in this and had no idea which way I would vite if I was Scottish but I have just been listening to the news and the chap mentioned that the voter total in Scotland is only 4% of the total number of voters in the UK. This statement set my mind racing and a quick look at the population figures on line my maths puts the scottish population at 8% of the Uk. So having just watched a chap on a ferry delivering one lot of ballet papers and talk of the votes being collected by airplanes it strikes me it is a large country to be giving the full Uk services ( roads' Hospital services' postal system etc) the per head could be very high. I think if I was Scottish I would have to be very pissed off with the UK to want to risk breaking away.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 17 September 2014, 06:40:48 pm »
Only taken a glancing interest in this and had no idea which way I would vite if I was Scottish but I have just been listening to the news and the chap mentioned that the voter total in Scotland is only 4% of the total number of voters in the UK. This statement set my mind racing and a quick look at the population figures on line my maths puts the scottish population at 8% of the Uk. So having just watched a chap on a ferry delivering one lot of ballet papers and talk of the votes being collected by airplanes it strikes me it is a large country to be giving the full Uk services ( roads' Hospital services' postal system etc) the per head could be very high. I think if I was Scottish I would have to be very pissed off with the UK to want to risk breaking away.

Well said Chris

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 17 September 2014, 06:42:40 pm »
Thankfully we now seem to have decent industrail relatiions in the UK,, The car industry is going from strength to strength, both management and the workforce realise they have to produce a decent product on budget and on time.

Pretty much the same workers, the same unions but has changed is the management. The car plants in the UK, generally have management that respect the workforce.

Which brings us full circle.  Tomorrow the establishment of The United Kingdom will lose a big chunk of their union and it will be primarily down to arrogance and a lack of respect.

peterjca

« Reply #134 on: 17 September 2014, 07:21:13 pm »

And yet you're happy for a handful of eton toffs and banksters to hold the UK's 60 million population to ransom?

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 17 September 2014, 07:43:50 pm »
  Tomorrow the establishment of The United Kingdom will lose a big chunk of their union and it will be primarily down to arrogance and a lack of respect.

I think a large chunk of the union will leave Scotland in droves to live South of the border.
Good luck with whatever currency you end up with by the way. Whatever it is will devalue nicely and soon enough I'll be looking to buy another holiday home in Tomintoul for next to nothing.
 I might be sounding unkind, but then I apparently have a lack of 'respect' so I might as well.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 17 September 2014, 09:31:06 pm »
I think a large chunk of the union will leave Scotland in droves to live South of the border.

I doubt it.  But is for sure, many more will want to live in Scotland.  And many Scots will to come hame to help build their nation.

Good luck with whatever currency you end up with by the way.

It will be the pound, it will be most likely in a currency union.

Whatever it is will devalue nicely and soon enough I'll be looking to buy another holiday home in Tomintoul for next to nothing.

And that's why it will be a currency union, as no currency union risks devaluation or worse still a run on the pound.

If you look up the McCrone report you'll might understand why most in Scotland don't want their own currency.

I might be sounding unkind, but then I apparently have a lack of 'respect' so I might as well.

Ah didnae ken you are a Bullingdon Club boy.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 17 September 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

And yet you're happy for a handful of eton toffs and banksters to hold the UK's 60 million population to ransom?

I get your point, politics I am not interested in doing the job myself so its done by others, there is a lot could be said on this point alone the only thing I will say is the BRITISH have a habit of fighting back if politicians go to far in the wrong direction. The saddest thing in my opinion is how the British population have allowed themselves to be so stupid and unrealistic with their money, the easy credit so you can have it today sod tomorrow. The result is that the UK is in  debt so deep it will take generations to clear it, no one is even trying. So Scotland votes for independence if they get it I hope the funds are there to pay for the life style they wish for.
If they have it sussed they will pay high taxes and go with out while they build up an infrastructure that produces free energy Ie wind turbines, Hydro, wave and tidal electric generating plants. this will produce wealth and once it rolls in start spend. I wonder how that will go down as an idea?
I also believe that the UK is allowed to continue in its indebted state because it is so stable it is a preferred home for the rich and wealthy, lets hope if I m right that it stays stable. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 18 September 2014, 02:16:12 am »
A sign o things tae come;

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 18 September 2014, 07:51:21 am »
Thankfully the yes vote will take a pounding today and this stupid idea of scottish independence will be a thing of the past.

The only way to is to vote NO

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 18 September 2014, 09:01:22 am »

Thing is, NO needs 60% plus to bury YES for a while.

YES needs 51% to bury NO for good.   

That's the worry, a narrow margin for either side will leave a lot of people pissed off. Hopefully the winning side will get more than the other + non voters total.

If Scotland do vote yes, I say good luck to them. I think unless you have lived in Scotland its hard to appreciate exactly what its like.

The one thing I really don't get is why the YES party want to keep the £. Scotland is voting for an independent country and countries have their own currencies, unless they vote to join the EU and use the €. Or they just use a currency as their own but cant control it, like Montenegro/Kosovo and a fair few using US $.

Nothing to stop Scotland using the £, but as an independent country should their policies be able to control it? One of many things to sort out before March 2016.

Old 'unions' and their original currency and the new independent countries and their currencies.

Czechoslovakia - Koruna
 CZ = Koruna
 Slovakia = Euro

Yugoslavia - Dinar
 Slovenia = Euro
 Croatia = Kuna
 Montenegro = Euro
 Serbia = Dinar
 Bosnia and Herzegovina = Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark (catchy name)
 Kosovo = Euro
 Macedonia  =  Denar   

USSR - Ruble
 Russia = Russian Ruble
 Ukraine = Hryvnia
 Latvia = Lats
 Lithuania = Litas
 Latvia = Euro (was Kroon)
 Belarus = Belarusian Ruble
 Georgia = Lari

I didn't look up what all those countries used immediately after the splits.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 18 September 2014, 10:16:24 am »
Another question that springs to mind, why is the government so desperate to hang on to Scotland?

They've got their  own parliament, laws, nhs and bank holidays even!! yet government has pledged even more powers (no idea what).

So even with a NO vote it would appear to the average Englishman that they are not part of the union anyway, so what gives?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 18 September 2014, 10:18:34 am »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #143 on: 18 September 2014, 12:12:56 pm »
Another perspective to consider.

At the moment in the UK we hate all the Europeans coming over and getting the benefits etc. Things have been put in place to stop them arriving and claiming benefits immediately now. If the vote results in a "Yes", Scots will not be free to move south and start (or continue) claiming benefits while they look for jobs. Could save the English a few quid.
In addition, the Poles, Slovaks, Romanians etc come over and work for peanuts instaed of the English going rate. At the moment, the Scots come down and expect the going rate. Will that change so they start accepting the European rates instead? Again, could save us a few quid though I haven't found any Scottish bricklayers that are as industrious (or as cheap) as the Poles yet.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 18 September 2014, 01:07:04 pm »
If the vote results in a "Yes", Scots will not be free to move south and start (or continue) claiming benefits while they look for jobs. Could save the English a few quid.

How do you figure that?

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 18 September 2014, 02:43:42 pm »
  If the vote results in a "Yes", Scots will not be free to move south and start (or continue) claiming benefits while they look for jobs. Could save the English a few quid.

I doubt that very much. As part of the current Common Travel Area with the UK and Republic of Ireland, I assume and would hope that that stays the same. I would be appalled if it gets to that state of affairs, this is the UK ffs.
What about all the current Scots residing in England/Wales/NI? Are you suggesting we have some sort of ethnic cleansing and boot them out?

« Last Edit: 18 September 2014, 02:54:24 pm by Phil »

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 18 September 2014, 03:37:02 pm »
Reading Locksmiths&BBROWN1664 posts, do you really believe that it is the ENGLISH(people) that are surppporting the Scots and the rest of the UK.
Fact it is British&Foreign business that is supporting the UK , those businesses just happen to be based in and around the financial sector of London. In those businesses you will find a lot of Scots, Welsh, N Irish and other Nationalities working in that sector.

I am sure they are adding to the success of those businesses along with there English co workers.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 18 September 2014, 05:16:06 pm »
I bet there are thousands of scottish people working inthe city who are totally ashamed and embarressed at the behavior of the yes vote clan.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 18 September 2014, 05:36:21 pm »
Why are the polling stations issuing pencils to mark your vote, very fishy, pun intended.
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #149 on: 18 September 2014, 05:39:47 pm »

How do you figure that?

Oops. Missed a few words out.

If the vote results in a "Yes", Scots will not be free to move south and start (or continue) claiming benefits immediately while they look for jobs. They will have to wait a number of months like other EU immigrants. Could save the English a few quid.

Better?

:pokefun
« Last Edit: 18 September 2014, 05:41:13 pm by BBROWN1664 »
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again