Date: 29-03-24  Time: 09:34 am

Author Topic: Replacing rear suspension linkage bearings and spacers for FZS 600 (2000)  (Read 1679 times)

Neon Knight

• Weekend Warrior
  • In space no one can hear you fart !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - FZS1000 01
    • View Profile
Bought myself a nice R6 shock from Kebab to replace my standard shock on my old but much loved FZS 600 box eye, I was very happy with the purchase. Decided that I would fit it ASAP because my old shock is shot. Got down to the nitty grittty of pulling the old one off and have found that the bearings and spacers in my linkage are shot to bits. Do the replacements come as a complete set or as individual items ? Plus does anyone have any idea where I can get them or a new set ? Any help much appreciated. Cheers Guys and Gals

papercutout

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing rear suspension linkage bearings and spacers for FZS 600 (2000)
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2014, 12:22:20 am »
I ordered mine through a Yamaha dealer, I've only ordered the one I needed, not the whole set, apparently the whole lot will set you back about £70 though.

Go here:
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/services/online-parts-catalogue/index.aspx

And then look through the 'Online parts catalogue' (also apparently available as a download from somewhere on this forum) to find the part numbers you need, phone up the local dealer, order, yada, yada, yada.

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Just get a good one second hand, ebay is your friend in this scenario. I picked one up with perfect bearings for £30 odd a few years ago

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Any good bearing supplier will have them if you can get the size code stamped on the bearing or from the service manual. They'd probably be cheaper than from Yamaha too