Date: 19-03-24  Time: 03:26 am

Author Topic: Fan packed in....  (Read 9375 times)

TwoTinz

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Fan packed in....
« on: 25 August 2014, 01:29:36 pm »
Hi folks, noticed my fan never comes on, will try running 12v to it make sure its not the fan, but any idea where I'll find the temp sensors? I have a box eye model from '98 cheers
« Last Edit: 25 August 2014, 01:30:21 pm by TwoTinz »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Fan packed in....
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2014, 03:15:29 pm »
The thermal switch for the fan is on the thermostat block (under the tank at the front rhs), but your fan sounds fine... they usually only come on if it's a hot day and you've had the engine running for 10 minutes without moving.
(Last time I changed the radiator I left the fan off completely... it gets in the way when refitting the rad and is never called upon to run, on the rare occasions I do have to wait in traffic for a long period in hot weather I turn off the engine anyway.)

TwoTinz

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2014, 12:19:07 pm »
The thermal switch for the fan is on the thermostat block (under the tank at the front rhs), but your fan sounds fine... they usually only come on if it's a hot day and you've had the engine running for 10 minutes without moving.
(Last time I changed the radiator I left the fan off completely... it gets in the way when refitting the rad and is never called upon to run, on the rare occasions I do have to wait in traffic for a long period in hot weather I turn off the engine anyway.)

Thanks fazerider, may as well wait until I strip clean it in winter, than mess with it now, might just take it off...never gets warm enough anyhow lol sure it can last the British summer weekend :)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2014, 09:12:32 pm »
You have an over temp light that will come on if there is an issue.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again