Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:55 pm

Author Topic: Gen 2 Cat  (Read 1043 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Gen 2 Cat
« on: 20 August 2014, 12:21:23 pm »

Decided to take out my baffle outta curiosity......yep....foccin noisy.....my inner demon wants at least 1 spin with it out just to sample it. :evil

However jammed inside the baffle were these bits of metal.....lighweight.....corrugated on one side and smooth on the other side.

I take it this is bits of the cat is it?

I dont know if the cat is even in the exhaust but can someone elaborate on it please....ie does it look like someone has just rammed a screwdriver into it to get rid of it kind of thing and maybe this was some of the leftovers that got blown out and jammed i side the baffle?

Cheers

Nog.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 Cat
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2014, 12:36:30 pm »
There is a cat in the header pipes as well as the original exhaust. I doubt if the aftermarket can you have on has a cat in.
With the end can off shine a torch down into the exhaust outlet from the header pipes and you should be able to see if the cat is still there.
It does look like corrugated material and some people remove it by drilling a few holes in it then just bashing the rest out with a screwdriver.
From your description of the bits it does look like part of the cat, if it is still there maybe it is breaking up or if it has been removed then whoever did it did not run the engine afterwards without an end can on to remove any loose debris.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2014, 12:41:35 pm »
There is a cat in the header pipes as well as the original exhaust. I doubt if the aftermarket can you have on has a cat in.
With the end can off shine a torch down into the exhaust outlet from the header pipes and you should be able to see if the cat is still there.
It does look like corrugated material and some people remove it by drilling a few holes in it then just bashing the rest out with a screwdriver.
From your description of the bits it does look like part of the cat, if it is still there maybe it is breaking up or if it has been removed then whoever did it did not run the engine afterwards without an end can on to remove any loose debris.

Cheers mate

Ill take a look and see but i've had no issues.....however i cant imagine that those couple of bits being jammed in there would have been doing the flow any good either......ive shone a torch down the end can and all is nice and open and clean in there but when i get the end can off ill take a further deek towards the cat.

Ta

Nog
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2014, 11:33:57 pm »
Ayuh that's bits of the cat alright, like the man said whoever removed if didn't blow the bits out nog  :)