Date: 19-04-24  Time: 06:44 am

Author Topic: '59 Plate 18K mile FZ1s For Sale !! Sob, sob, sob...................  (Read 1486 times)

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
It is with a heavy heart that I am selling the best bike I’ve ever owned - my gorgeous ’59 plate black/grey FZ1s. I’m nudging 50 and although the FZ1s is a very comfy bike by most standards I have arthritis in my knees and also lower back problems, which mean I find the FZ1s too uncomfortable on longer journeys, so I have decided to go down the “adventure” bike route when I have sold it – boo hoo ! Whatever I get will be slower and won’t handle as brilliantly as the FZ1s, but that’s the decision I’m faced with unfortunately.

So………..I was wondering if any of you fine people might be interested in buying my FZ1s ? It has just under 18K miles on the clock, and has a few choice extras fitted, including a Leo Vinci low level silencer (looks and sounds amazing, weighs very little !), Evotech tail tidy and exhaust hanger, colour-matched belly-pan, Ivan’s FCE (fuel cut eliminator), LUST Racing crash mushrooms, double-bubble screen, aftermarket black “shorty” adjustable brake and clutch levers, HEL braided front brake lines, aftermarket “Armstrong” wavey front discs, and a Datatag kit fitted. I have also had the bars, bar risers and heel guards powder-coated satin black. All the standard bits (eg : exhaust, levers, etc) are present and correct and will go with the bike if needed.

I’ve owned the bike almost three years, it has one previous owner and is in beautiful condition throughout and has never seen any road salt so the fasteners, engine paint, etc, are in excellent condition. It has had a recent new chain and sprockets, new front brake pads and (brilliant !) Metzeller Z8 Interact tyres fitted 1K miles ago, so loads of life in them yet ! It has dealer service history up to 7K miles (when I bought it), and since then I have meticulously serviced it myself every Spring (even though it has not reached 6K miles each year I still did an oil/filter change every 12 months), including the last service in April this year, when I changed all the fluids, filters, put in new spark plugs and balanced the throttle bodies. So it needs for nothing – just ride it into the sunset !!

It’s for sale at £4250, viewing is welcome and encouraged – it’s in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. Please pm me or email me on mike.fletcher@arup.com (my work email), or by all means call me on 07949 489438.

I’ll take some photos tonight and (try to !) add them to this post tomorrow.

Cheers, Mike
« Last Edit: 05 August 2014, 01:49:42 pm by MikeyFZS1 »
It's been real, it's been great, but it's not been REAL great.........

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: '59 Plate 18K mile FZ1s For Sale !! Sob, sob, sob...................
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2014, 03:35:27 pm »
Post some pics and its not a good idea to directly post your email address in open forum as you will get spam sent to it.

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2014, 01:46:56 pm »
 :eek  Blimey - I've surprised myself and actually managed to upload some photos !!

There is a limit of four photos per post, so if anyone would like to see more photos, then please let me know and I'll email them through, cheers, Mike

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2014, 06:29:43 pm »
Bump ! Price reduced to £4100 ! Come on ladies and gentlemen - it's a cracker !!!!

MikeyFZS1

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2014, 12:55:57 pm »
BUMP !!

Price reduced again to £3995, appreciate it's not the best time of year to sell a motorbike, but that's a bargain price for a '59 plate in excellent condition with extras !!

Come on - you know you want to !!

Bike located in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

Early Christmas present perhaps ?

OK, that sounds slightly desperate :-)