Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:48 pm

Author Topic: Braided lines kit  (Read 4050 times)

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Braided lines kit
« on: 21 July 2014, 08:14:24 pm »
Well guys ... hoping to get a set of braided lines for my bike. I see Wezmoto have 2 listed for my 2006 FZ1. A 2 and 3 front kit ... Why the need for the 3rd line?  :\

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
Re: Braided lines kit
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2014, 08:20:29 pm »
to join them up mate      Y

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2014, 08:30:29 pm »
The two line kit both attach at the master cylinder. The 3 line has a single line running from the master cylinder, but it splits half way down the forks as per the OEM jobbies (it utilises the T-piece from the OEM brakes)

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2014, 08:34:34 pm »
Ah right so .. Thanks for the replys

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2014, 08:41:09 pm »
So is one kit more effective than the other? Looking to replace my lines and was thinking of the two line kit.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2014, 08:45:01 pm »
In my experience they are both an improvement over OEM and there is not a great deal of difference between the two. I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2 line kit is used in race applications because if the system develops a leak you only lose the function of one caliper, but I'm not sure if it would work like that in practice.

I prefer the 3 line kit as it looks a bit cleaner to me and its easier to route the lines, the 2 line kit I had on my 600 always looked a bit messy.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2014, 01:37:35 pm »
In my experience they are both an improvement over OEM and there is not a great deal of difference between the two. I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2 line kit is used in race applications because if the system develops a leak you only lose the function of one caliper, but I'm not sure if it would work like that in practice.

I prefer the 3 line kit as it looks a bit cleaner to me and its easier to route the lines, the 2 line kit I had on my 600 always looked a bit messy.
as the master cylinder is one cylinder if one side develops a leak it will affect the other caliper, you will lose all brake power. The fluid will go to the easiest route.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2014, 02:33:26 pm »
The 'race' configuration isn't indicative of performance it's simply a regulation by the ACU (and others) not allowing a split line (I can't recall if it doesn't allow any splitting or just below the bottom yoke).  It reduces the risk of line damage in the event of a broken mudguard/debris/incident.

Actually, I think the Fazer 1000 (gen 1 at least) has a 'race' compliant setup as the splitter is above the bottom yoke but bikes that have one line going to one calliper then the other looping off that banjo, over the mudguard into the other are not (ie like a gsxr1000rr).

Intentionally left blank

hotmetal

• Weekend Warrior
  • Set Fazer to stun
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2014, 10:10:39 pm »
The Venhill kits are good. They have swivelling banjos (squeal like a piggy Cletus?) which means you don't have to worry about the lines twisting depending on routing or accuracy of assembly. I put them on my gen 1 and they were easy.
__
There's no replacement for displacement

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2014, 10:15:24 pm »
There is a discount from HEL for forum users....think 10% was on offer and they also have the banjos that swivel to ease fitting...I have their three line kit on.

An9dy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2014, 10:42:04 pm »
A note of caution on all aftermarket brake line kits:   
Before fitting.  Check the Banjo bolts for swarf & burrs on the cross-drilled holes.
- I've had burrs and loose swarf present 'straight out the bag'; that happen from two different 'reputable' suppliers!

Capt

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2014, 10:47:04 pm »
Well guys ... hoping to get a set of braided lines for my bike. I see Wezmoto have 2 listed for my 2006 FZ1. A 2 and 3 front kit ... Why the need for the 3rd line?  :\

I got a set of a 3 line Goodridge black sheathed for the front including banjos all, you need is copper washers pm me if you are interested?

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2014, 10:55:23 pm »

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2014, 10:42:43 am »
Wezmoto use the same parts and factory as Hel, if one is cheaper than the other the only difference will be the branding.

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2014, 12:27:47 pm »
http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,8879.0.html

The discount section has been removed when ordering .. not sure if there offering the deal by phone still.

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2014, 12:29:24 pm »

I got a set of a 3 line Goodridge black sheathed for the front including banjos all, you need is copper washers pm me if you are interested?

Capt, would the line lengths be suitable to swap between a gen 1 & gen 2??

Capt

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2014, 05:43:08 pm »
Oops, should have read what your bike was, they where off a Gen 1 & not sure how similar they are.

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 September 2014, 11:55:54 am »
Well guys another question - I will probably get somebody to fit these (just had delivery of them yesterday) but the original banjo connection at the lever (master cylinder?) is a single line, whereas the new set has 2 lines. Is there anything else needed or would this be a straight forward swap?

risticuss

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 September 2014, 01:36:49 pm »
With the new 2 line kit you should have 3 banjo bolts, two the same length (1 for each caliper) and a longer one, with two grooves in it (for the master cylinder), and a pack of copper washers. The oem single line comes off and the two lines go on as per the picture below. It's of my 600 but should be the same for your thou. Just remember to put a copper washer between each piece of metal being joined otherwise you get no end of problems ;-)