(1/4) > >>

onejay:
Guys
i need a new battery but which one i go for

are the  motobatt items any good
what about the gel type

dont want to waste my money

fazersteve1000:
Some people rate them but I had 2 replaced between April 2013 & February 2014,i had the 2nd one refunded so went to a local battery supplier & purchased a Platinum motorcycle battery part No.GT14B-4  12v12ah etc which cost £42.50,the original one lasted 3 years with a Datatool S3 alarm which I had fitted when i brought the bike new in 2006 but 2 years is all I expect now,if you do decide to try a motobatt battery I had no trouble when I complained as they just asked me to prise the top off the battery &  return the top to them for a replacement or a refund which I think may have cost £1.80 at post office,i not heard anyone else complain I also hated the terminals you get with a Motobatt

PieEater:
I have a Varta in mine, it's been solid & reliable for the past 3 - 4 years, would definitely get another.

MEM62:
I was replacing lesser batteries every two years or so until I got a Motobatt.  I took some of the claims with a pinch of salt but it's been in there for three years now and always starts the bike first prod of the button.  The bike doesn't get ridden daily (I have two motorcycles and a car) and I have not even had to charge it. 

stevierst:
+1 for Motobatt. I used to frequently start my mates car from my tiger 1059 which had a Motobatt fitted, it was used all year round and left outside in low temps. It never failed! Fantastic battery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version