Date: 25-04-24  Time: 13:48 pm

Author Topic: Speed vans  (Read 2922 times)

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Speed vans
« on: 10 July 2014, 08:20:03 pm »
Oops just passed one facing me. Somewhere between 139 slowing to 60.
Guess the cctv on front of van will get my little number plate.

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
Re: Speed vans
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2014, 08:30:07 pm »
 If there aint cctv on the front of the van there could be a spotter with a clipboard to write your number down but if you were still going a warp factor nine he might not had time to get his pencil out of his pocket, Fingers crossed eh.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July 2014, 08:39:11 pm »
Oops just passed one facing me. Somewhere between 139 slowing to 60.
Guess the cctv on front of van will get my little number plate.

OMG , good luck,, :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 July 2014, 08:39:59 pm »
Was an awesome road mind :-)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 July 2014, 08:53:37 pm »

I've never been done since i completed the foc-u C4 under seat mod. :2guns

It's honestly brilliant...you can go as fast as you like.

The Welsh roads i use are starting to get a bit full of large pot holes though. :(
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 July 2014, 10:37:36 pm »
So how does that work then he is pointing at you and gets you going over the limit - but no numberplate, so do they all also hav a speed camera in the windowscreen to get your numberplate, but by then you are not over the limit cause you threw the ancor out, so they have a nice picture of ANY biker comming towards them over the limit and another picture of an identifiable biker showing a numberplate going under the speed limit.
And how does it work through a windowscreen when the point out the back so they are not behind glass.

( I like the c4 ) 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2014, 10:39:38 pm »
did it look like this? cameras at front, sides and back? I think they have to notify you within 14 days.
http://www.reflexdesign.uk.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/sycamera/dscf2716.jpg

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 July 2014, 10:48:56 pm »
Speed camera pointing at you registers speed. Front mounted cctv records number plate.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2014, 10:51:24 pm »
Speed camera pointing at you registers speed. Front mounted cctv records number plate.

Yeh but like I said
they have a nice picture of ANY biker comming towards them over the limit and another picture of an identifiable biker showing a numberplate going under the speed limit

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2014, 10:54:30 pm »

Yeh but like I said
they have a nice picture of ANY biker comming towards them over the limit and another picture of an identifiable biker showing a numberplate going under the speed limit
For God's sake its all connected and time stamped at 10.51 and 23 secs it gets you for speeding, and at 10.51 and 24secs it records your number plate.
Did you not think that they would of not though of that loop hole when building the van.
We have 2 of the pieces of crap in our workshop being updated.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2014, 11:01:48 pm »

For God's sake its all connected and time stamped at 10.51 and 23 secs it gets you for speeding, and at 10.51 and 24secs it records your number plate.
Did you not think that they would of not though of that loop hole when building the van.
[/quote]
At 10.51.23 it dosent get ME over the limit it gets A BIKER over the limit and then at  10.51.24 it gets ME under the limit

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2014, 11:11:40 pm »
It doesn't need to get you. The speed device records the offense.  The officer in van can if he feels just write your registration down. His word is seen as gospel in a court. .

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2014, 11:39:01 pm »

At 10.51.23 it dosent get ME over the limit it gets A BIKER over the limit and then at  10.51.24 it gets ME under the limit

You for real, fazersharp? The same model bike, with a guy in the same build, in the same clothes, wearing the same helmet, is snapped 1 second apart, and you think you've got a defence based on it not being you in the first one?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 July 2014, 11:47:08 pm »
Who ist that did ---- or does that sketch where one side is dressed as a woman and the other as a vicar.
Im going to do that only the front and back

And sorry to everyone as I was being a little  :evil  ------- just a little
I see now I just thought the law it had to show the offence as it happend with the numberplate as it was happening

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 July 2014, 11:56:35 pm »
It's the old "proving beyond reasonable doubt" in court, and as the guys have said, it's all time stamped, and statemented as per lawful procedure.
They do this stuff on a daily basis, and its petty much watertight in court. Nothing wrong with trying it on with them though. ::)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2014, 06:40:20 am »

Sabotage..... ;)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2014, 07:02:48 am »

Sabotage..... ;)

:D I had a word with the sparky's to put gremlins in the systems but as a back up i though i would try something else, so i had a sniff around the 2 bomb disposal trucks being built in the next bay but unfortunately they haven't got ordinance onboard yet. >:
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2014, 07:21:10 am »
I had a scare a couple of years back, was having 10 seconds of fun coming off a roundabout onto a dual carriageway, redlining though the gears saw the van, braked once, braked again and saw the needle coming through the 60, so god know what I was doing originally (ton plus?) I was in a 50!!!!

Anyway, pootled past at 45mph being a good little boy and pooped it for 2 weeks.

Luckily I got away with it BUT, what I was told was that the camera takes a pic and gets the speed, and apparently the chap inside can write down your number plate and it would stand up in court.  So the moral of the story, watch out there guys, front facing scamera vans can still get us!

If you see the van early enough you could always stop the bike before the van and push it backwards up the road to the last junction!  :D
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 July 2014, 12:04:46 pm »
I guess if you carried a rag you could stop before passing the van, cover your plate then ride off? I mean turn around and just get out of sight.

I know that would be an offence in and of itself but they would have to identify you first and you would only need to get around the next corner to be gone.

What do you think, would that work? Purely a hypothetical discussion you understand.
« Last Edit: 11 July 2014, 12:05:52 pm by andybesy »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 July 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
So if the chap in the van has to write down your number plate by hand then you are better off keep going and fly past at 130mph

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 July 2014, 12:24:04 pm »

I guess if you carried a rag you could stop before passing the van, cover your plate then ride off?
I'm led to believe a yellow shower cap is a snug fit over standard plates, but a bit baggy on custom sizes (according to one London courier I spoke to) :-[

But for the time it'll take you to stop and put it on, you might as well just go past at the speed limit. LOL.

And flip up numberplate s are a bit of a no-no................ Apparently. 8)

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 July 2014, 12:27:59 pm »
Or do what some kids in Australia did. They saw a speed van parked up, one of them talked to the operator and distracted him, whilst the others took the front numberplate off the van and put it into their own car.

Then went through the speed trap about a dozen times at well over the limit.

I bet that confused the crap out of them when the tickets came through the post.^-^

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 July 2014, 08:45:16 pm »
I guess if you carried a rag you could stop before passing the van, cover your plate then ride off? I mean turn around and just get out of sight.

I know that would be an offence in and of itself but they would have to identify you first and you would only need to get around the next corner to be gone.

What do you think, would that work? Purely a hypothetical discussion you understand.
it depends on whether you want to be done for speeding or perverting the course of justice!

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2014, 02:58:02 pm »
well I passed a camera van 14 days ago, I think it's just possible I might have been a tad over the limit (remember that what you put on the net is on for ever?) maybe the speed camera was in the back (facing the other way) so as long as you go under the limit as you pass it then you're ok. but if you look on google images (speed camera vans) ther are ones that can have speed cameras working through the windscreen?

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2014, 03:50:42 pm »
I know someone who was caught recently... Offence on Saturday letter on Tuesday!