Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:30 pm

Author Topic: pissed off!  (Read 2253 times)

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
pissed off!
« on: 08 July 2014, 07:05:49 pm »
So I've had my Fazer 8 for literally just over 1 year, from new, it had its 6000 mile service on time, 3 days ago, ridden in to work today a good 50 miles the fun route. Got to it to go home and ............................ nothing, not a dicky bird! Oh and yam assist has just run out as well!

any thoughts? Ive got an hour to kill!

dont think I left parking lights on but cant be sure. I kinx of hope it is that so at least it'd be my fault. Would that drain the  attery over 9 hrs?
Porquoi moi?

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: pissed off!
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2014, 07:10:30 pm »
Any one in Woodhouse, Sheffield with jump leads?   :'(
Porquoi moi?

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2014, 07:12:57 pm »
Anyone about that could give you a push to jump start it ???

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2014, 07:19:58 pm »
Anyone about that could give you a push to jump start it ???

no one as yet, tried to bump it but not good with remnants of a chest infection!
Porquoi moi?

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2014, 07:51:07 pm »
Kill switch?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2014, 07:51:34 pm »
Theres nothing here that anyone would say that you wouldnt get from anyone in general i dont think.......quite rare bikes fazer8's and the chances of getting a fazer8 expert are zilch.....you gotta check all the basics....something has either cut in or been cut off.......what changed......you switched off the bike... Somsurely it is battery or alarm or safety switch related.

Have you got an alarm.

Have you flicked the side stand up and down incase the switch is skee wiff.

Do you have any sort of power ie the dash to at least show you are in neutral.

Id push it about for a bit and move the bars left and right just incase it is a loose wire and you get it to make contact again.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2014, 08:04:58 pm »
Kill switch?

Exactly

Have you got any enemies at work or just plain knobheads?

& if you faffed about with the gears before checking your kill switch then are you sure that you are actually back in neutral.....with kill switch off?

Its gotta be something simple
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2014, 11:09:56 am »
Wonder if he's still there?

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2014, 11:42:06 am »
Come on David, fess up..........you left it in gear didn't you! We won't laugh.........honest  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 July 2014, 06:26:24 pm »
So I've had my Fazer 8 for literally just over 1 year, from new, it had its 6000 mile service on time, 3 days ago, ridden in to work today a good 50 miles the fun route. Got to it to go home and ............................ nothing, not a dicky bird! Oh and yam assist has just run out as well!

any thoughts? Ive got an hour to kill!

dont think I left parking lights on but cant be sure. I kinx of hope it is that so at least it'd be my fault. Would that drain the  attery over 9 hrs?

Mine didn't start once due to it being left standing for a few weeks not on a charger. The dealer said that the electronic ignition requires a certain level of charge before it wants to play. The same as other fuel injected Yamahas. But that's not the issue you have as its been run recently. It also turned over but didn't fire up, so 'not a dicky bird' either.

How about the temperature sender playing up? Does the temperature readout say 'Hi' and doesn't turnover when you turn it on and press the button? Mine (2010 model) did that about 1 in 10 times starting April 2012 but since the start of this year it hasn't happened once. The solution was to turn it off and one again.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2014, 06:38:03 pm »
  and the chances of getting a fazer8 expert are zilch

:lol

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2014, 09:21:28 am »
Wonder if he's still there?

Think he must be or maybe he is still pushing it home. It would be interesting to hear what the issue was.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2014, 08:33:42 pm »
hi all, apologies for the delay, wasn't trying to avoid you - honest!

Still not entirely sure what's gone on.

Although not ridden as much as I'd've like over the past few months, over the past month alone I must've covered about 400 miles, and good miles too, 45-50 miles a trip on the back roads so plenty of revs going on.

On Tuesday it was a typical 45 mile back road ride to work plus a 10 mile town ride.

When I got to the bike, about 9 hrs later, and turned the key there was absolutely nothing, just deadness, no lights, no ignition, no noise, nothing.
Tried wriggling, pulling  and moving everything I could (on the bike that is!) but still nothing.

Tried a little jump start and got the instrumentation flashing up so managed to get a jump start and started first time.
Was getting a bit late by now and had started raining so took the motorway home (about 45 mins) and put it on the trickle charge which was showing high amber before green (charged)?

Now I can't remember  the bike being in parking light mode and I'm certain that I'd've noticed when I left the bike as you give it the normal, 'one last look before I leave it for the day' kinda thing, that the lights were on?

I've always got the bike on trickle charge over the winter months and whilst has been disconnected for some months now so pretty sure battery is in good condition, and was showing a good amount of charge. when I got home so obviously it's charging ok but if the battery was dead would 45 mins be enough to fully charge it.

I'm really hoping it's all my own fault for possibly leaving parking lights on ?
Porquoi moi?

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2014, 08:49:32 pm »
Parking light can certainly drop the charge enough to stop it starting (modern ecu's will just not let the bike try and start, if it thinks the battery is low). So maybe, yes you've just been a complete numpty (we've all been there!)

JC

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2014, 09:44:16 pm »
I left my parking lights on for an hour and a half on my old bike and had to bump it.
Fingers crossed you did just leave your parking lights on and there is no other issue