Date: 18-04-24  Time: 11:05 am

Author Topic: What made you choose a FAZER?  (Read 6670 times)

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
Re: What made you choose a FAZER?
« Reply #25 on: 24 April 2014, 11:42:53 am »
after a break from biking for about 12 years my divorce came through & I had a small amount of cash that i decided to get back into biking with... bout £4k

I had started to commute from Portsmouth to Cornwall at weekends but as not riden for long time was looking at a Deauville!!
a friend of a friend's dad was selling his 2002 600. i was told it was a good clean bike and would suit me to a T for £1550, I offered £1400 he countered with £1500 plus MOT & new front tyre, SOLD, transferred money to his account then caught train up to Orpington and rode it back to Portsmouth!! remember I'd not seen the bike or even sat on 1 for 12 years!!  :rollin :rollin
it is the perfect bike .. for me!

plus biking faternity at work when i mentioned deauville were very disparaging but couldn't agree what to recommend, when I turned up on Fazer all said  Perfect I had one of those,, and all wanted to test ride it!!!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: What made you choose a FAZER?
« Reply #26 on: 24 April 2014, 12:09:30 pm »
After many years of riding (I started in 1978!) and various bikes I had an 1150GS - which I really didn't' get on with.  So I sold that and wanted something for 'traditional' as in upright seating position and an inline four engine.  The two most popular choices at the time were the Fazer 1000 and the Bandit 12.  The Bandit was worthy but the Fazer was better in every possible way.  It was more powerful, better handling and had the edge on looks too.  It was also coming out on top in a lot of group tests in the press at the time and was Bike Magazine's bike of the year.  A brief test ride was all the convincing I needed. 

I picked up a 2005 MK1 when it was 10 months and 1,500 miles old and I still love it.  From time to time I look at other bikes but there is not really anything out there at the moment that I would replace it with.  The bike suits me very well and I absolutely love the fact that the Fazer and my other bike - an R1200RT - could not be more different.  Complete opposites and each brilliant.