Date: 24-04-24  Time: 22:19 pm

Author Topic: LED Tail & Stop Lights  (Read 7856 times)

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
LED Tail & Stop Lights
« on: 02 January 2012, 02:14:00 pm »
Not had the old ones out yet but presume these are the right ones
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x380-BAY15D-36-LED-STOP-TAIL-BRAKE-P21-5W-LIGHT-BULB-/290591974100?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a8a1a2d4

Plenty on here about improved headlights  but anty experience of these type rear bulbs?

chr999chr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: LED Tail & Stop Lights
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2012, 02:58:26 pm »
According to the photo they look as if they have offset pins i think the fazer has standard bulbs/pins

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2012, 12:28:22 am »
Standard will have offset pins so you can't put them in the wrong way round and have a dim brake light and a bright tail light.  Not got LED bulbs in the Fazer but have in one of my cars and they work extremely well.  Definitely worth it at that price even if you will have to wait a while for them to get here.

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2012, 01:42:04 am »
I allways swap out my tail lights for led bulbs as soon as I get a bike. Offten I do the indicators to but didn't on the fazer as I went clear lens instead. Also swapped out the side lights for led to.
I have seen headlights are starting to be used on some bikes.  But it only seems to be simple if they are made like it OE, what with spread patterns etc. But they are def being used more and more, and getting better all the time.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2012, 05:56:09 pm »
Never risked the Hong Kong sites on ebay before but price difference is significant and not in a rush at this time of year!
Not sure about the 13w bulbs shown on the Devilsyam link....dont they need dual voltage for tail/stop???

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2012, 06:18:28 pm »
Speak to Nooj if you have an FZS600.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #7 on: 03 January 2012, 06:58:31 pm »
Been there, done that. All the LED way. My experience:

It took the brightest ones (with most LEDs, like the picture) to come near the standard 5w25w tail lights. Not bad, but not much better. No sense on Fazer I think. I like LEDs on handheld torchlights, battery run bicycle lights etc, but not nice on motorcycle. Not at all.
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 January 2012, 10:38:24 pm »
The big difference is that while they may not be much brighter, they won't blow like a normal bulb leaving you with no tail light (yes I know a Fazer has two bulbs but they could both blow, maybe.....).

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2012, 06:21:16 am »
The big difference is that while they may not be much brighter, they won't blow like a normal bulb leaving you with no tail light (yes I know a Fazer has two bulbs but they could both blow, maybe.....).

But they do blow. LEDs are not resistant to shock and moisture. Or too much heat. I put rear and signal and front "position" light LEDs and soon went back to ordinary. Except for rear ones, but am thinking of replacing them back to normal soon.

Chance of both rear bulbs blowing at the same day are... what?

Do what you like, that's just my experience, hope someone uses it before paying.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2012, 06:21:58 am by Slaninar »
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2012, 11:04:51 am »
The rear bulbs used to blow regularly on my FZS600 so I went to a Nooj LED rear unit which was excellent.

However I've had no trouble on my thou and the rear light seems bright enough so no reason to change. I have gone to LED front sidelights and indicators though mainly for aesthetic reasons, although the Oberon indicators I have are also 'double sided' which I suppose increase visibility and hence safety.
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 January 2012, 01:17:45 pm »
Yes I used to have a Nooj LED conversion on my old FZS6 and they were highly recommended but now I have the FZ6 I have one of the replacment LED sets with turn indicators built in- really bright and well worth the £20 or so I paid for them on Fleabay.

Did my bikesafe and the copper said he thought I was riding on brake lights until they came on as well. I dont think they would dazzle anyone but anything to be seen- right!
59 going on 57