Date: 19-03-24  Time: 03:36 am

Author Topic: dig deep now children !  (Read 8921 times)

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: dig deep now children !
« Reply #25 on: 03 April 2014, 08:42:01 pm »
Foc em, yes Foc em,,all of them ,, and you lot too,,Foc U

I was waiting for you to come along and bring us back to the mad house this forum is! That was far too serious for a minute, I thought it was all over for FOC-U.  :lol

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 April 2014, 08:50:23 pm »
I am off to have a bath,,,

I have never given to forein charities,not myself,,,well not much,,my government might of used my money..

i would but my arms are quite short and my pockets are quite deep :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 April 2014, 09:04:18 pm »
and he has a whale tank to fill. Oh no I don't suppose your water is metred.

I have to bathe in the kitchen sink with the plastic knife and forks ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 April 2014, 09:09:56 pm »
Foc em, yes Foc em,,all of them ,, and you lot too,,Foc U

I was waiting for you to come along and bring us back to the mad house this forum is! That was far too serious for a minute, I thought it was all over for FOC-U.  :lol

That bloody devil and her advocate  ;)

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 April 2014, 09:18:13 pm »
Nothing but a bunch of heathens! ;)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 03 April 2014, 09:22:59 pm »

Haha,,quite the opposite,,funny the things you dont notice when looking around a property,,,the bath is smart,roll top.fancy legs,,buttttt,,when i had my first bath here,,,i could only just get in it,,it is only about 4 1/2 foot long,,cant straighten your legs when sat down,, :lol ,, a water saving bath,,oh and yes we are on a meter.. :eek

I did give a friend some pounds the other week, she has been on a visit to Tanzania,,,thats it for this year :)
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 April 2014, 09:44:29 am »
I'm the type of bloke who would listen to other peoples opinions. My politics are more right than left but one thing that really totally pisses me off is when I'm wrong or don't understand the bigger picture some know it all calls me a racist or a bigot or as nutty as a fruit cake.
Explain to me my errors, not call me names. When I mentioned to a local Labour candidate about Coming out of Europe he practically called me an idiot, (I already knew that) What I didn't know we're the Pro's and Con's of leaving/staying?  Alas most of what I read or hear is about positives of leaving. But if someone calls me a racist bigoted idiot for asking why, I'm more likely to think totally opposite to your opinion
But to get back to the original point of the thread, why are we giving aid to countries like China, I know they have extreme poverty but they are the richest country on earth in real terms. If they choose to buy American debt rather than educate or feed their own people why should we give them aid. The same with India, when you see children living on rubbish dumps but they can send rockets into space and we can't. I'm over simplifying  this but to all the ignorant bigots please explain why their taxes are given to other countries when this country has so many problems. They maybe smaller than the countries receiving aid but they mean a lot to those living here.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 April 2014, 11:22:41 am »

Haha,,quite the opposite,,funny the things you dont notice when looking around a property,,,the bath is smart,roll top.fancy legs,,buttttt,,when i had my first bath here,,,i could only just get in it,,it is only about 4 1/2 foot long,,cant straighten your legs when sat down,, :lol ,, a water saving bath,,oh and yes we are on a meter.. :eek

I did give a friend some pounds the other week, she has been on a visit to Tanzania,,,thats it for this year :)

I was referring to the Hot tub  ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 April 2014, 12:03:52 pm »
midden,

But it seems to me that this country has been held under a dark cloud of guilt from centuries ago for the slave trade and empire building. Even by those who have benefited from those actions

It seems to me that our shameful imperialist days are not yet over.  From the Suez Canal debacle, our wholesale theft of much of the Middle East oil, our support of bloody American foreign policy for decades and decades right up to and through the illegal and immoral recent war in Iraq.  And our support of the so called exploitative 'free market'.  Then there's out arms trade, we are now stuck in a Military Economic Complex, as a country we export serious amounts of arms to some of the most repressive and disgusting regimes around the globe.

I actually don't mind the aide being given and I do also think that's why in part we are greater than others.

But we, and the other members of the G8 admitted, and admitted back in 2005, (as I posted above) that our AID programmes are actually exploitative and do much damage, and that something urgently needed to be done to resolve such totally unacceptable practises.  Yet it's now 2014 and nothing has changed.

So how is it that you think 'we' are greater than others?

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 April 2014, 03:20:37 pm »
Fair points
So the answer perhaps is to lay down, hand everything which this country has wrongly taken and the gains from back to those who the injustice was done to including their descendants. Then may be we will be forgiven for our sins and they will see fit to offer us the odd handout which yes we all know is given really only for political financial gain.

Of course like all equal right laws the balance is never actually leveled merely reversed.

Discuss  ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 April 2014, 03:44:47 pm »
Well perhaps we could start with some simple things;

Here at home make sure that everybody pays their fair share of tax.  ie Lets make sure that those missing billions upon billions of tax that is not paid each year gets paid by the big tax dodging corporations.

Lets switch from 'free trade' to 'fair trade'.  We need fair international trading standards working conditions that apply to all.

Lets stop dumping our subsidised excess produce in the third world, as it's wrecking their economies.

Stop tying AID to economic reforms that allow the west to exploit, asset strip, and utterly wreck third world economies.

The problem with our foreign policy, aside from the millions upon millions that have have lost their lives, and the many millions more that have been displaced and/or held in abject poverty, is that surprise surprise the world is becoming an ever increasingly dangerous place.  We are reaping the harvest of the seeds we have sown in that respect.

Oh where to start. 

Anyway hopefully after September the 18th this year, the UK can do as it bloody well pleases, with a little luck I'll no longer be part of it.  Bye bye UK, and good riddance.   :D

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 April 2014, 04:00:48 pm »
Well perhaps we could start with some simple things;

Here at home make sure that everybody pays their fair share of tax.  ie Lets make sure that those missing billions upon billions of tax that is not paid each year gets paid by the big tax dodging corporations.

Lets switch from 'free trade' to 'fair trade'.  We need fair international trading standards working conditions that apply to all.

Lets stop dumping our subsidised excess produce in the third world, as it's wrecking their economies.

Stop tying AID to economic reforms that allow the west to exploit, asset strip, and utterly wreck third world economies.

The problem with our foreign policy, aside from the millions upon millions that have have lost their lives, and the many millions more that have been displaced and/or held in abject poverty, is that surprise surprise the world is becoming an ever increasingly dangerous place.  We are reaping the harvest of the seeds we have sown in that respect.

Oh where to start. 

Anyway hopefully after September the 18th this year, the UK can do as it bloody well pleases, with a little luck I'll no longer be part of it.  Bye bye UK, and good riddance.   :D
Everyone pays their fair share of tax has to include those one man builders window cleaners dole boys working on the side. They often get missed out of the argument in favour of the big corporations, as u just have.  Remember it's the pennies which we need to look after not the pounds. But you won't have to worry about that come September ey?

Oh yes but of course it would seem that Scotland (who begged to be part of the Uk originally) want their 'freedom back but want/need to keep the strength of the Pound sterling.  After all how will they be invited in to Europe with out it  ;) [size=78%] [/size]
[/size][size=78%]Incidently will we England be giving the oil back?[/size]

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 April 2014, 04:04:39 pm »
"But to get back to the original point of the thread, why are we giving aid to countries like China, I know they have extreme poverty but they are the richest country on earth in real terms. If they choose to buy American debt rather than educate or feed their own people why should we give them aid. The same with India, when you see children living on rubbish dumps but they can send rockets into space and we can't. I'm over simplifying  this but to all the ignorant bigots please explain why their taxes are given to other countries when this country has so many problems. They maybe smaller than the countries receiving aid but they mean a lot to those living here. "

Interesting questions :) Not sure what you mean by "they are the richest country on earth in real terms". They have the second biggest economy (to the USA) however there are a billion of them to share that money aruond, and given that some regions are richer than others it means that the other regions are still very very poor. Perhaps it's like asking Why do the gov't give money to inner London boroughs when London as a whole is very rich. Incidentally we gave 27 thousand pounds to china in 2012.

Perhaps it's the same in India - quite a lot of money now but huge inequalities and their national wealth may look big in total but is stretched across 1.2bn people. In a way you answered your own question - there are children living on rubbish dumps in extreme poverty.

How about another "outside your house" question :) If a rich family in your street never bought one of their kids any toys, would you want to buy that kid something to play with?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 April 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
Everyone pays their fair share of tax has to include those one man builders window cleaners dole boys working on the side. They often get missed out of the argument in favour of the big corporations, as u just have.  Remember it's the pennies which we need to look after not the pounds. But you won't have to worry about that come September ey?

I rather think you need to look after the pounds, the billions upon billions of missing pounds from the UK tax revenues.  I'm afraid you ain't gonna pay off the deficit with pennies.

Oh yes but of course it would seem that Scotland (who begged to be part of the UK originally) want their 'freedom back but want/need to keep the strength of the Pound sterling.

This will be the first time that people in Scotland will have been asked if they wish to be part of the UK. 
Of course we want to keep the pound, it's as much our currency as it is England's, Wales or Northern Ireland's.
And in any case come a yes vote, Westminster will be suddenly keen on a currency union.  Unless that is that England really wants to bite off it's nose to spite it's face. 

After all how will they be invited in to Europe with out it

Scotland is already part of the EU.  Which is another reason why many Scots will vote YES.  If we stay with the UK we could be dragged out of Europe by the fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists doon south.  Most people in Scotland want to remain in the EU.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 April 2014, 04:28:49 pm »
Interesting questions :) Not sure what you mean by "they are the richest country on earth in real terms". They have the second biggest economy (to the USA) however there are a billion of them to share that money aruond, and given that some regions are richer than others it means that the other regions are still very very poor.

Indeed.  How about a peak at energy consumption;

Average home electrical consumption per person per year

USA   - 4517 kWh/year
UK     - 1985 kWh/year
China -  433kWh/year

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 April 2014, 04:54:09 pm »

Edt..Reply in new post just started

I rather think you need to look after the pounds, the billions upon billions of missing pounds from the UK tax revenues.  I'm afraid you ain't gonna pay off the deficit with pennies.

Equality can't exist by ignoring some but not all. Start with the small and work up  After all that one man band probably doesn't contribute to the country to the extent those big corps do. In fact if percentages were calculated I'm sure the one man band takes more than gives. just a guess

Oh yes but of course it would seem that Scotland (who begged to be part of the UK originally) want their 'freedom back but want/need to keep the strength of the Pound sterling.

This will be the first time that people in Scotland will have been asked if they wish to be part of the UK. 
Of course we want to keep the pound, it's as much our currency as it is England's, Wales or Northern Ireland's.
And in any case come a yes vote, Westminster will be suddenly keen on a currency union.  Unless that is that England really wants to bite off it's nose to spite it's face. 

Since it was a representitive of the Scottish people who asked William (who didn't ask the people for opinion) for the Union perhaps it's time the English were asked if they actually want Scotland in their gang

After all how will they be invited in to Europe with out it

Scotland is already part of the EU.  Which is another reason why many Scots will vote YES.  If we stay with the UK we could be dragged out of Europe by the fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists doon south.  Most people in Scotland want to remain in the EU.

So just googled (all a learning process)  and found this.......not sure but it kind of questions Scottish membership in EU in it's own right
see below  but as a personal opinion what is really to be gained by independence, after all if the people are to be allowed to travel freely across the border stay with the same currency (unless we're talking different like french and belgium franc) so basically for all intent and purpose nothing changes , why bother?

109.  Scottish-based business leaders were clear that Scotland should remain part of the EU single market. Sir Philip Hampton, Chairman of the Royal Bank of Scotland, said:
"The overarching framework, assuming that Scotland and the UK stay within the European Union, is that we have a single market for the main products and services, including financial services. The overriding existence of the European single market and the presence of a potentially independent Scotland and the United Kingdom within that should trump relatively smaller, effectively regional differences that might arise."[130]Mr Rupert Soames, CEO of Aggreko plc, said:
"Being part of the European Union would be the sine qua non of our having our headquarters and manufacturing facilities there [in Scotland]. We need not only access to the free passage of goods within the EU but the protection of all the EU trade agreements."[131]110.  The Scottish Government's policy is that an independent Scotland should be an EU member state.There is however no precedent to show how, after a "Yes" vote in the referendum, Scotland would move from its present status within the EU as part of the United Kingdom to membership of the EU in its own right. While we were taking evidence in Scotland in October 2012, there was controversy about the transition and especially about what legal advice the Scottish Government had or had not had from Brussels. Mr John Swinney MSP indicated to us that Scotland's position in the EU would befor discussion between a "Yes" vote in 2014 and independence in 2016:
"In that period after a referendum and before the establishment of an independent state in the spring of 2016, Scotland would be involved in a process of settling the independence process and conducting negotiations with the United Kingdom Government and with the European Union about the terms of Scotland's membership of the European Union."[132]
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201213/ldselect/ldeconaf/152/15207.htm

« Last Edit: 04 April 2014, 04:57:34 pm by midden »