Date: 16-04-24  Time: 13:46 pm

Author Topic: Replacement Exhaust  (Read 8859 times)

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Replacement Exhaust
« on: 09 March 2014, 09:22:41 pm »
Evening all,

What a fantastic day for riding it's been today :D

But enough of that, has any one got any suggestions for a replacement exhaust for my 2012 Fazer 8 ABS?

Not only is the original starting to rust around the bracket weld which is a bit annoying as it was only registered June 2013, but her majesty has decreed we need some thing that sounds a little bit tastier.

Can't really afford to be spending big bucks so was hoping some one out there had tried some of the less 'trendy/desirable' exhausts out there with good results.

cheers - David
Porquoi moi?

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2014, 09:56:53 am »
http://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/MiVV_Ghibli_Yamaha_FZ8Fazer_8_201013--product--11651.html#.Ux7dcc6K-dE 

I bought one of those 3 years ago. Its lasting fine apart from the 3 screws holding the baffle plate look a little rusty now.
£276 is a reasonable price compared to some offerings.

« Last Edit: 11 March 2014, 10:09:17 am by Phil »

fazercol

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2014, 07:06:06 pm »
I have one of the Danmoto cans on mine cost £100 off of Ebay fits good is nice and loud (no baffles in) but if you go down that road make sure you get the baffles at the same time.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2014, 09:22:59 am »
thanks for the pics guys, I always find it difficult to evisage what they might look like once on the bike, short/long etc. I do like the look of the Mivv and was looking at one of those but have to say the Dan moto seems to get a good feback for its price on the web. Only seem to come from China though which always gets my pessimistic side rising?
Porquoi moi?

fazercol

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2014, 08:21:55 pm »
thanks for the pics guys, I always find it difficult to evisage what they might look like once on the bike, short/long etc. I do like the look of the Mivv and was looking at one of those but have to say the Dan moto seems to get a good feback for its price on the web. Only seem to come from China though which always gets my pessimistic side rising?

I had no problems when I ordered mine it only took a week to arrive. :)

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2014, 05:39:11 pm »
I have the danmoto too no problem ordering go onto the website and order it direct its cheaper than ebay,don`t forget to order the baffle its only $7 more and it was delivered in a week with full tracking details.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2014, 06:10:30 pm »
I
I have the danmoto too no problem ordering go onto the website and order it direct its cheaper than ebay,don`t forget to order the baffle its only $7 more and it was delivered in a week with full tracking details.
had no problems when I ordered mine it only took a week to arrive. :)

cheers guys, whilst not wanting too sound fuddy duudy, and amazed as I am that I still have a licence (and with no points!!!) are they road legal/stamped etc or 'does ya take your chances'?

Has anyone got any UK exhausts - Beowolf, MTC, pipewerx/hawk? I know they're a bit more expensive but I do like to try and keep some purchases 'local'
Porquoi moi?

Mowjoe

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2014, 06:18:20 pm »
Think I might get one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180883557739?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Straight replacement and no modified map needed.

brian2649

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2014, 07:41:48 pm »
MTC and PipeWerx premises are both 15 minutes away from me. I've heard they are both good exhausts, probably not much to choose between them other than which one is cheaper. Probably will put one of those on mine in the future, plus they fit it for free if you take your bike to them :)

brian2649

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2014, 07:43:48 pm »
You could also try Fuel exhausts at blackpool or Simmi in Newcastle.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2014, 10:32:42 pm »
MTC and PipeWerx premises are both 15 minutes away from me. I've heard they are both good exhausts, probably not much to choose between them other than which one is cheaper. Probably will put one of those on mine in the future, plus they fit it for free if you take your bike to them :)

I like the look of the pipewerx ones, and I fancied the Beowolf ones as well but they don't fit with a centre stand for some reason?

You could also try Fuel exhausts at blackpool or Simmi in Newcastle.

Neither do a link pipe for Fazer8, I'm trying to figure out if the FZ 1 link pipe will fit but not heard any feedback from peeps as yet?
Porquoi moi?

brian2649

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2014, 01:19:29 pm »
Maybe if you took your bike to down them to have a exhaust fitted they might make a custom one to fit while fitting the exhaust. Probably best to give them a ring and discuss it with them.

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2014, 05:09:47 pm »
Maybe if you took your bike to down them to have a exhaust fitted they might make a custom one to fit while fitting the exhaust. Probably best to give them a ring and discuss it with them.

as always it's time and don't think any of them open Sundays?

Will get there in the end......
Porquoi moi?

brian2649

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2014, 05:26:47 pm »
Hmm true, theres not enough hours in the day sometimes. I don't think they do off had and every time I've rode on a sunday they looked shut.

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 April 2014, 03:37:55 pm »
I got an SP Engineering can on mine. It's been on the bike a few months and it's still in good nick despite being out in the rain a few times..

I got the stubby big bore version but they do do longer (read quieter) options for around the £200 mark..  Most types available on Ebay and some good pics on thier website..

Here's mine on my 2010 FZ8.

comes with a DB killer, link pipe and strap but I 'forgot' to fit the DB killer......    It's quite loud..   :rollin
« Last Edit: 17 April 2014, 03:39:21 pm by farmer giles »

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2014, 10:43:16 pm »
I got an SP Engineering can on mine. It's been on the bike a few months and it's still in good nick despite being out in the rain a few times..

I got the stubby big bore version but they do do longer (read quieter) options for around the £200 mark..  Most types available on Ebay and some good pics on thier website..

Here's mine on my 2010 FZ8.

comes with a DB killer, link pipe and strap but I 'forgot' to fit the DB killer......    It's quite loud..   :rollin

yep, liking the look of that. What length is that one? I reckon your bike would look even better with black wheels!!!
« Last Edit: 17 April 2014, 10:44:32 pm by david095 »
Porquoi moi?

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 April 2014, 02:14:01 pm »
yep, liking the look of that. What length is that one? I reckon your bike would look even better with black wheels!!!

think it's something like 280 or 300mm. They give the sizes on the SP Egnineering web site if you want to know for sure..

and it's gold wheels ftw.. 

If I change them at all they will be going white but then if I go away from gold the gold forks will look odd on thier own..  Besides I've not even seen another FZ8 on the road yet let alone the white and gold colour scheme like mine..

Just busy riding it at the moment.. 

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 April 2014, 03:04:27 pm »
+1 To SP engineering exhausts , just fitted mine , easy to fit , sounds great , ordered mine on Monday evening , turned up Wednesday afternoon , would  recommend .

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 April 2014, 05:55:24 pm »
Excellent cans. Got one on mine. Wicked sound on roll off in first. Even better when the block is warmed up.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2014, 03:44:04 pm »
Excellent cans. Got one on mine. Wicked sound on roll off in first. Even better when the block is warmed up.

yeah..  pops and crackles like a goodun on the overrun..  Not sure my Lambda sensor is enjoying it quite so much though..   :eek