Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:48 pm

Author Topic: Foccin orange  (Read 2514 times)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
Foccin orange
« on: 28 January 2014, 10:02:00 pm »
Orange have transferred my account to paperless billing without telling me , which I found out when I phoned to enquire where my bill for January was .
Just spent ages registering , tells me account opened , then when I try to log in they say details don't match , so I still can't see my flaming bill.
Also had another phone on my account for my daughter , when her contract ran out , we arrange to transfer the new contract to her so she could build up her credit history , guess what they even cocked that up , apparently the transfer team didn't complete the transfer .
Needless to say ,when my contract runs out , they can stick it up there arse , I will be going pay as u go , also there coverage is crap .
Rant over

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Foccin orange
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2014, 11:04:29 pm »
Try Ovivo. I've just switched to them after Orange jacked up my prices and I've got a deal which is 200 minutes, 300 texts and 500 MB and costs *nothing* per month!

You pay £20 at the start and if you don't go over the limits you don't get charged anything and it renews each month. The only "drawback" is that if you surf the web using the phone signal (ie not wi-fi) you'll occasionally get ads from Ovivo for a few seconds before you can carry on.

This is hardly a big deal, especially given the amount of free wi-fi hotspots around these days :)

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2014, 11:18:11 pm »
People rave about GiffGaff!
The Deef's apprentice

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2014, 12:51:07 am »
How do Ovivo make their money?  are the phones expensive
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2014, 06:45:40 am »
yeh...that ovivo deal sounds very good....tell us more ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2014, 10:38:40 am »
I was with Orange for years, though having a 40% due to working for Carphone Warehouse may have had something to do with it...

I never had an issue with them and of all the networks to work with (from my working experience) they were always the easiest and had the least amount of issues.

Having said that, I have just moved to O2. I'm not overly comfortable with moving to the smaller networks just yet, plus it pays to know people as I managed to snag myself a comfortable 30% discount on this new contract as well ;)

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2014, 12:09:00 pm »
I just moved from the TMobile to the O2 network.  The relief at actually having coverage is great.  Also the call volume is louder.  Tesco are using O2 now BTW. 

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2014, 12:45:57 pm »
I've never had any problems with Orange or EE. And since the merger with Tmobile the coverage is mostly excellent IMHO. I used to be with 02 and the only problem was absolutely no coverage in my house so had to stand in the garden or hang out of the window.

Hey Grahamm, do Ovivo offer larger packages?

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2014, 03:01:41 pm »
I just moved from the TMobile to the O2 network.  The relief at actually having coverage is great.  Also the call volume is louder.  Tesco are using O2 now BTW.

Pretty sure Tesco have nearly always used O2 - they have been using it as far back as 2008 at least (as that's when I joined CPW)

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2014, 07:48:43 pm »
Tesco and Virgin both use the O2 network.  Whether on PAYG or contract go for a provider that uses either the O2 or Vodaphone network as they are proper mobile phone networks using both 900 and 1800 GSM, EE (Orange/T-Mobile) only use 1800 GSM so coverage never will be as good.  Whatever you do, don't go for 3 if you expect to be able to make and receive calls......

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2014, 08:05:06 pm »
Funnily enough, I've never had any problems with Orange - but my housemate, on GiffGaff (O2 network) has trouble with the 3G here in Chatteris.
The Deef's apprentice

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2014, 08:08:28 pm »
Thanks for advice ,  that Ovivo deal looks really good , I will have to check that  out , but I will have to put up with orange until my contract runs out in August , I shall wait a few days and then see if they have sorted out this transfer process .
I have always found the coverage with orange  hit & miss , within the cities its ok , but rural areas really bad , I carry a pay as you go on Vodaphone as well for those situations which is much better in rural areas , I certainly wouldn't have trusted the Orange coverage when I was travelling round Scotland .
This is the first time I have had customer service issues   with Orange , but this last year I have had issues with other companies as well , and seem to spend half my time on the phone trying to sort out problems .

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2014, 08:20:01 pm »
Whatever you do, don't go for 3 if you expect to be able to make and receive calls......

"3" used to have GSM network issues in their early days, but their network has improved significantly over the years and is now pretty damn good. I know several friends and family on "3" with no complaints from any of them. This is spread across the south of the country so I can't really comment on the North / Midlands etc etc :P

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 January 2014, 09:26:07 pm »
Whatever you do, don't go for 3 if you expect to be able to make and receive calls......

"3" used to have GSM network issues in their early days, but their network has improved significantly over the years and is now pretty damn good. I know several friends and family on "3" with no complaints from any of them. This is spread across the south of the country so I can't really comment on the North / Midlands etc etc :P

3 use the o2 network for 2g coverage

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2014, 10:43:09 am »
Unless its changed in the last 18 months or so 3 were cutting back on the 2G coverage.
they used to have a blanket contract with O2 for any of their phones that for whatever reason could not get the 3 3G signal, it would back off to O2. Around 18 months ago they started picking off areas where they considered their 3G to be good enough and removing it from the 2G contract with O2. I know about this because I was staying in a hotel a lot that had crap 3G coverage indoors but outside the 3 signal was strong (1800 strikes again) and suddenly went to no signal indoors. That's when I stated looking into it and ended up switching to O2.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2014, 11:21:10 am »
My work changed our phones from O2 to EE (Orange/T-Mobile) for financial reasons and it was possibly the worst service we've ever encountered.
Coverage was either awful or non existent, and if you were fortunate enough to make a call it would more often than not cut out.

There were never any issues at all with O2 coverage, and i've always been with them myself, plus their customer service people have always been very helpful, even though i haven't needed to speak to them for years now.  :)

In comparison i tried Vodafone once a few years back and lasted 20 hours with them, and 4 of those were on the phone to their very rude customer service people, who had a habit of passing you on to anyone and everyone, then cutting you off.
Every time i asked them to cancel my contract they just refused point blank and gave me a load of bullshit, so i went back to the shop where i took the contract out the day before and the very person who happily took all my details told me "Sorry, we can't cancel contracts, you need to speak to customer services."  :wall

After a lot of abuse at one person on the phone, he eventually crumbled and cancelled it, then i humbly phoned O2 asking to go back with them and they said "Don't worry, we'll pretend you never left us."

Nice people.  :D

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2014, 04:26:24 pm »
How do Ovivo make their money?  are the phones expensive

Ovivo just supply the SIM, I bought a Motorola Moto-G SIM free for £129.99

They make their money by occasionally feeding you adverts if you browse using the phone signal rather than wi-fi.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2014, 04:27:56 pm »
Hey Grahamm, do Ovivo offer larger packages?

Yes, but mine is the basic free one.

They do others with more calls or text or data, but these are £5, £10 etc per month, just check the link above and you'll see what they offer.