crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
NIP
« on: 16 December 2011, 08:35:19 am »
could be in trouble for this one,

got caught by a camera an on the 3rd of December on the A64 making a dash for the services with the wife as her IBS was playing up and she needed the toilet, don't have long when this happens didn't realise how fast i was going as the traffic was keeping up with me but was clocked at 100mph  :'(  so I think I am going to get a beating for this, all I can hope is that they take my previous record into account as I have never been done for speeding, or any other traffic offence before, we will see
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
Re: NIP
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2011, 08:51:17 am »
You'll be lucky!

The cash cow will take the money!

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2011, 09:28:52 am »
Bummer, I can see your circumstances but to not know you were doing 100mph is a no no. Do not admit that at all in any defense you mount.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2011, 09:30:28 am »
tefer, just seen your signature, love it :thumbup

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2011, 07:21:40 pm »
Try £500 fine £100 costs and 6 points...
The Frying Scotsman

acid drop

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Yamaha MT-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2011, 08:41:17 pm »
Try £500 fine £100 costs and 6 points...
plus whatever the insurance company charge as an admin fee when you tell them you have points,it's like being fined twice

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2011, 11:12:34 pm »
But if the vehicle is being used for ambulance purposes at the time, it is exempt from speeding fines, or at least it's a very solid defence.  It doesn't need to be an actual ambulance, just a vehicle being used for ambulance purposes.  It's actually quoted in the Road Traffic Act but I've just got in from our works Christmas piss up and can't be arsed to find the exact section at the moment.  I'll have a look in the morning.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2011, 02:00:55 am »
aye, good luck with that one!!

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2011, 09:56:22 am »
quite honestly aslong as i walk away with my licence at the end of it ill be happy
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2011, 10:39:07 am »
Here it is, section 87 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (Google it as I can't copy and paste into here?).  You would need to go to court which, at over a ton you are likely to have to do anyway (as I doubt you will get the option of the conditional offer of 3 points and £60), and explain the reasons why you were exceeding the limit and quote that section of the Act.  Something from a doctor to back up your wife's condition would be needed too otherwise everyone would try to use the fact that they were bursting for a piss as a defence.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2011, 07:24:39 am »
they will still find you guilty no doubt, BUT , done well, it could be a credible defence and minimise the fine. TBH if you do go to court ....appearance is everything. The magistrates dont know you from adam...a dispassionate level headed plea of mitigation is the best you can offer.The reality is that it is far far better for yer missus to shit her pants than you kill someone in an accident cos you were speeding at a ton! Think of that and it will help you understand how a third party may see the case ... :\

They cannot find you not guilty...it would create a precedent for people to have excuses to speed...reality is....none of us do !

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 December 2011, 12:01:44 pm »
They cannot find you not guilty...it would create a precedent for people to have excuses to speed...reality is....none of us do !
They cannot find you not guilty as it is an absolute offence, you did it, you got caught, there is the offence.  I will echo the appearance comment too.  Suit, tie, look smart but not overly so.  I once prosecuted a guy who turned up in magistrates court in what was obviously a highly expensive Saville Row three piece and was defended by a barrister, he got hammered on the fine as he could obviously afford it.

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2012, 05:52:13 pm »
well a quick up date

got the NIP through just before Christmas asking for the drivers detales as the car is a motability car wife sent of the necessaries got the nip back yesterday in my name recorded speed 100 mph sent it back now we shall wait and see 

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: 05 January 2012, 05:55:49 pm »
What is the speed limit on that part of the A64? Could make a difference if you were only 30mph over as opposed to 40mph over!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 January 2012, 05:58:46 pm »
What is the speed limit on that part of the A64? Could make a difference if you were only 30mph over as opposed to 40mph over!
its a 70mph

BIG MAC

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 January 2012, 07:50:15 pm »
Sadly the letter M doesnt appear in the road designation I probably sympathise the most and  fear the worst
The Frying Scotsman

pilgrim

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2012, 10:54:40 pm »
Alternatively...
Pretend you're a politician and get the wife to take the hit if she has a licence.
After all it was her who needed to drop the kids of at the pool so to speak ;)
Either way good luck, but wouldnt hold out much hope of a light one.
Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #17 on: 06 January 2012, 09:30:49 am »
Sadly the letter M doesnt appear in the road designation I probably sympathise the most and  fear the worst

Big Mac, i dont see the difference between a Motorway or a dual carriageway whether it is a A, A(M) or a B road surely the national speed limit is 70 on all of those?

but I do sympathise with Crishner. I know most of us exceed the speed limit at times and all for varying reasons / excuses and also take the fact that if we get caught then well we got no one to blame except ourselves. (not having a pop at anyone btw!!)

good luck and hope that you dont get anymore than a fine!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: 06 January 2012, 09:36:57 am »
Robbie, Motorways are built to a standard regarding slip roads etc whereas A roads are not. As a result, speeding on a motorway is seen as a lesser issue than speeding on an A road.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 January 2012, 10:40:09 am »

Big Mac, i dont see the difference between a Motorway or a dual carriageway whether it is a A, A(M) or a B road surely the national speed limit is 70 on all of those?

National speed limit is 60 for single carriageways (country lanes, A roads etc) and 70 on motorways.  If if single carriage way is a 70mph zone it would signed as 70.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

BIG MAC

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 January 2012, 11:45:30 am »
As I understand it Magistrates sentencing guidelines may differentiate between A and M class roads in any case the Magistrates will be seeing 'non motorway' 100mph...however I didnt get banned for 103 on a motorway (sickening because I wasn't doing 103 but couldn't fight it) I got 6 points and £500 FINE PLUS £100 costs!

Yours doesn't look so painful ALA Pepipoo and putting in a made up salary just to get the thing to work
 Magistrates' Guidelines for Speeding Offences   
Speed limit: 20 mph30 mph40 mph50 mph60 mph70 mph
Your speed: mph
Road type: Not motorway Motorway
Your income (after tax & NI): £/week
  Magistrates' Court Penalty Guidelines
Eligible for COFP instead?No: Magistrates' court only
Normal fine range:£225 - £375
Disqualification possible?Consider 7-28 days
Maximum fine:£2500

The Frying Scotsman

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #21 on: 06 January 2012, 12:53:42 pm »

National speed limit is 60 for single carriageways (country lanes, A roads etc) and 70 on motorways.  If if single carriage way is a 70mph zone it would signed as 70.

National speed limit on dual carriageway also 70! unless your towing! but thats another can of worms!!

TBH Big Mac i didnt realise the disqualification is that short! is that if you had less than 6 points on your licence prior to getting an additonal 4-6? that could take you over the 12 ?@ how long is the ban if you go over 12 points?
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 January 2012, 05:36:53 pm »
If it was for IBS get a doctors note to confirm your wife suffers from IBSand below is that bit from the road traffic act but I dont see where it says that this can be by Joe public  
87 Exemption of fire brigade, ambulance and police vehicles from speed limits.E+W[F1(1)]No statutory provision imposing a speed limit on motor vehicles shall apply to any vehicle on an occasion when it is being used for [F2fire and rescue authority], ambulance or police purposes, if the observance of that provision would be likely to hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose for which it is being used on that occasion.
[F3(2)Subsection (1) above applies in relation to a vehicle being used—
(a)for Serious Organised Crime Agency purposes, or(b)for training persons to drive vehicles for use for Serious Organised Crime Agency purposes,as it applies in relation to a vehicle being used for police purposes.(3)But (except where it is being used for training the person by whom it is being driven) subsection (1) above does not apply in relation to a vehicle by virtue of subsection (2) above unless it is being driven by a person who has been trained in driving vehicles at high speeds.]
Dont ask it's a chef thing
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: 06 January 2012, 05:45:06 pm »
DX, the training part is important there.