Date: 19-03-24  Time: 08:24 am

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 503826 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #1900 on: 14 April 2018, 08:22:27 pm »
Took the cruiser out for a run in the sun. Finished up at Melbourne Hall, had a nice coffee in the courtyard.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 14 April 2018, 08:44:56 pm »
Yeah, the floor tiles are from Costco, like you say they make garage seem a lot warmer and no more cold feet. Had mine down for over 10 years now and they need replacing. General wear and tear plus wifes pet rabbits like to chew them for some strange reason.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: 16 April 2018, 12:53:28 pm »
Yeah, the floor tiles are from Costco, like you say they make garage seem a lot warmer and no more cold feet. Had mine down for over 10 years now and they need replacing. General wear and tear plus wifes pet rabbits like to chew them for some strange reason.

I had mine carpeted for the same reasons haha soaks up any spills or leaks quite nicely too. Just get an earful off the missus when I take the Dyson out to clean it haha

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 20 April 2018, 08:18:10 am »
Last autumn I dismantled the Honda C90 Cub to treat the corrosion under the main frame tube and on the rear section under the plastic tail section. All went well  and took the metal frame parts for blasting,welding,and powdercoating. All the parts stored away in Aldi flat trays.
Christmas passed ok but developed a chest infection and then on New Years Eve caught "Australian" variant of flu virus. Couldnt breathe by evening, ambulance job to QE Hospital on oxygen and then put into induced coma for a few days. Came round in critical care with tubes & wires everywhere to discover that it had been touch & go for a while. Long story short spent most of January in hospital but got home 30th having lost 5 kilos and had to "learn" to walk properly as muscles were so weak. My sisters who love me dearly were muttering about selling bikes and giving up riding. Just to say I have convalesced by completing the rebuild of "Henry"-the C90 and on Wednesday this week rode the Tracer 75 miles in our balmy Spring sunshine. Indeed, one of the consultants said he thought the motivation to ride again played a large p[size=78%]art in my speedy recovery-so its official-motorcycling is good for your wellbeing-but we knew that anyway! [/size] :lol

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 20 April 2018, 08:35:10 am »
Glad to see you have recovered alright and are back up and biking, similiar but not as bad happened to me 5 years ago. Chest infection, ambulance and oxygen, four days in hospital, took about a month before I felt normal again, having asthma as well didn't help much either.,  sometimes life just truly sucks.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 20 April 2018, 08:36:31 am »
Wow, Dave, that must have been really scary. So glad you're well on the mend and had a project that mattered a lot to you, to focus on.
Enjoy the sun whilst it's here. Ride safe :) .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 20 April 2018, 08:28:08 pm »
Last autumn I dismantled the Honda C90 Cub to treat the corrosion under the main frame tube and on the rear section under the plastic tail section. All went well  and took the metal frame parts for blasting,welding,and powdercoating. All the parts stored away in Aldi flat trays.
Christmas passed ok but developed a chest infection and then on New Years Eve caught "Australian" variant of flu virus. Couldnt breathe by evening, ambulance job to QE Hospital on oxygen and then put into induced coma for a few days. Came round in critical care with tubes & wires everywhere to discover that it had been touch & go for a while. Long story short spent most of January in hospital but got home 30th having lost 5 kilos and had to "learn" to walk properly as muscles were so weak. My sisters who love me dearly were muttering about selling bikes and giving up riding. Just to say I have convalesced by completing the rebuild of "Henry"-the C90 and on Wednesday this week rode the Tracer 75 miles in our balmy Spring sunshine. Indeed, one of the consultants said he thought the motivation to ride again played a large p[size=78%]art in my speedy recovery-so its official-motorcycling is good for your wellbeing-but we knew that anyway! [/size] :lol

Well recovered

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 20 April 2018, 09:26:48 pm »
Replaced the tine assembly in Sharp Halls electric grass rake as it only had 16 left when it should of had 60
I think I have done enough to be allowed out on the bike now
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 20 April 2018, 11:23:10 pm »

Stop teasing me Dave give me a picture of the Cub you rebuilt.

Below is a picture of the one i rebuilt over winter.
I bought it for £200 as a shed find lots of surface rust but nothing to serious the frame tube was absolutely fine as was the metal work under the the plastic bodywork/ rear mudguard, just surface rust. A friend has a sand blast cabinet so all the metal work got taken back to clean steel and all the plastic work got rubbed down and sprayed with a plastic etch primer, the metalwork was resprayed with rust inhibiter primer and 4 coat of blue top coat and two coats of clear lacquer.

Inside the body work/under fuel tank was all painted with two coat of red oxide.

New tyres, tubes, rear shocks, front leading link bushes and pins, brake shoes all round, new clutch plates, LED indicators (2 of the original were broken) battery, new bake light lens, new speedo cable, front brake cable, front sprocket and locking plate and chain, new seat plus lots of love and elbow grease, but it was worth it, such fun to ride, 54 MPH flat out but goes uphill absolutely fine, seems quite low geared, but my understanding is they were built as a city runaround, so no need for it to be any faster but its great pulling away from lights and junctions.
The whole project including buying the bike cost 760 quid, the garage that MOT'ed it for me offer me £1200 for it , when I said not for sale he said £1400, i told him he was wasting his breath as it was not for sale.         

« Last Edit: 20 April 2018, 11:27:04 pm by tommyardin »

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1909 on: 14 May 2018, 02:01:56 pm »
Did a deal with Triumph Plymouth and part ex'd my CBF1000 and picking up a Triumph Nightstorm on 25 May  :D

just got to get used to riding position now
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 19 May 2018, 07:44:50 pm »
My wife and I just passed the 150 mile mark for the week on our mountain bikes 😀. Good weather makes cycling a decent alternative to riding the Fazers !!

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 19 May 2018, 09:35:12 pm »
My wife and I just passed the 150 mile mark for the week on our mountain bikes 😀. Good weather makes cycling a decent alternative to riding the Fazers !!
No, sorry, just don’t get that!  :lol

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 21 May 2018, 09:45:07 pm »
No, sorry, just don’t get that!  :lol

I'll bet you're not alone 😂😂😂.

But, it's good for keeping "fit" for Fazer riding.

We do a lot of cycling to raise sponsorship for charities and if we didn't cycle regularly when we get the chance, we wouldn't be able to complete the charity rides and still be in a condition to ride the Fazer's afterwards 😀.

Besides which, if I didn't cycle, with the amount I eat, I'd be a fat b'stard in no time and I'm too cheap to buy new leathers.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 22 May 2018, 08:56:23 am »
They are certainly not alone. I cycled 75 miles in the Welsh hills yesterday. Today and tomorrow I am out on the Fazers. Thursday, another 60 -80 miles cycling. I have always combined the two since the late 60's. I had a BSA Sunbeam 250 to which my father attached angle iron so that I could carry my bicycle to races. Much later I used my XJ600 to carry my bikes. I'm 66 years old still cycle 10000 miles a year and love riding on two wheels, motorbikes and bicycles.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 26 May 2018, 07:45:27 am »
Sharpened the blades on my mower. #yolo
Intentionally left blank

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 26 May 2018, 08:55:42 am »
Shit, why do photos rotate when I post them :'(

So glad to see someone else's garage nearly as untidy as mine :lol

Photo's seem to revert back to how they were taken - if you just rotated them on your computer it will revert back. I think (not sure about this) if you use a photo editor and re-save the photo it will stay upright.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 28 May 2018, 09:30:08 pm »
Made use of my old disc to make my Dad a present for his Workshop
Might make myself one too 🤔

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 28 May 2018, 11:29:39 pm »
They are certainly not alone. I cycled 75 miles in the Welsh hills yesterday. Today and tomorrow I am out on the Fazers. Thursday, another 60 -80 miles cycling. I have always combined the two since the late 60's. I had a BSA Sunbeam 250 to which my father attached angle iron so that I could carry my bicycle to races. Much later I used my XJ600 to carry my bikes. I'm 66 years old still cycle 10000 miles a year and love riding on two wheels, motorbikes and bicycles.

Underrated bikes the old Xj600. I’ve had a couple of them and they can fly along, love to rev. Handle better than you might expect too!

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 29 May 2018, 06:20:46 am »
I had the XJ600 for 28 years. It was totally reliable, bullet proof engine, started first time every time. My wife and I went on holiday on it several times, including a week on the Isle of Man. I thoroughly enjoyed riding it. Now, I get the same enjoyment riding the Fazers but will never forget happy times on the XJ.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 19 June 2018, 08:00:33 pm »
I bought Italian flag graphics for my tuono sidepanels and bellypan... It's all coming together nicely :) I also bought a race ecu... Just waiting on an sc project titanium race can
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 01 July 2018, 08:19:26 am »
Having a garage clearout and found my honda cb 400/4 supersport , took it out of the garage washed it and put it in the shed , thats the furthest its travelled in many many years..........
« Last Edit: 01 July 2018, 08:20:41 am by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 01 July 2018, 10:03:10 am »
Looks lovely 😊

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 01 July 2018, 03:40:51 pm »
Not exactly today but in May was lucky enough to do a short 6-day guided tour around the Western Garden Route from Cape Town, lots of gravel passes and stunning views, bike was a 1200 Tenere, incredible bike got me through difficult conditions with its ABS and traction control.

Most of the photos taken by my guide who is also a professional photographer

« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 12:01:20 pm by Red Ceri »

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 10 July 2018, 06:00:26 pm »
Having a garage clearout and found my honda cb 400/4 supersport , took it out of the garage washed it and put it in the shed , thats the furthest its travelled in many many years..........

Hey Red... I had a red one of those in the late 70s..it's number isn't 97R is it??... that'd be a coincidence!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: 10 July 2018, 06:26:15 pm »
Sorry mr turpin . Its a 75 on an N plate , registered the same month as they were launched , which makes it the more desirable F1.........in super fast red.......of course   ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....