Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:20 pm

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 505475 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #1800 on: 06 June 2017, 01:38:58 pm »
Took the car for MoT
So midway through he calls to his partner about changing a wiper blade there and then to save me a 'fail' and trip to Halfords.   Okay I go along with it.

The car passes with indicator bulb advisories and he gives me the MoT certificate...... along with refusal cert due to faulty wiper blade  :eek   

Not a problem but ...... :rolleyes
Yes I think they have too, has happened to me too, I sat in the waiting room and he came in and said I have a brake bulb out and do I want him to pop one in for £3.99, yes I says and the same as you I get given a pass certificate and also a fail for the brake light being out.

Same happened to wifes car, as the car has actually failed at the time of the test then I think they have to issue a fail certificate.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: 06 June 2017, 01:40:09 pm »
Hi nick...yes, its been a while  :rolleyes ....not a lot to see at the moment , want to get it running right before i strip it down and get things power coated / painted , on standard air box at moment but want to get the k&n pods on , just had the carbs off again as i had a small leak , new fuel linking pipes cured that , one of the plugs has just part failed causing a pretty Impressive flame thrower effect from one of the microns   :eek ...off to halfords now for 2 new plugs.........

great pics  :thumbup .....do you know how many miles you've clocked up ?
« Last Edit: 06 June 2017, 01:41:32 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: 06 June 2017, 05:47:59 pm »
Took the car for MoT
So midway through he calls to his partner about changing a wiper blade there and then to save me a 'fail' and trip to Halfords.   Okay I go along with it.

The car passes with indicator bulb advisories and he gives me the MoT certificate...... along with refusal cert due to faulty wiper blade  :eek   

Yes I think they have too, has happened to me too, I sat in the waiting room and he came in and said I have a brake bulb out and do I want him to pop one in for £3.99, yes I says and the same as you I get given a pass certificate and also a fail for the brake light being out.

Same happened to wifes car, as the car has actually failed at the time of the test then I think they have to issue a fail certificate.

crazy, but, i suppose it's good for their records to show they aren't giving passes away
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: 07 June 2017, 09:55:29 pm »

great pics  :thumbup .....do you know how many miles you've clocked up ?

Remembered to check today. Am now in Sort, Pyrenees, and have so far covered 1300 miles, including the 350-ish from Carlisle to Portsmouth. The plan is to keep daily mileages to manageable levels so I can enjoy the scenery and roads without killing myself with fatigue. Had a day off the bike wandering around Pamplona too, made a nice break. Got 4 days here in Sort to explore this region. Not sure what's next.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: 08 June 2017, 04:58:46 am »
Took the car for MoT

crazy, but, i suppose it's good for their records to show they aren't giving passes away

Sounds like a twat of a tester to me, mine failed (potentially) on a rear brake light bulb and the tester just told me to go fetch one while he carried on the test, he fitted it, car passed.

Had the same tester for three years now and last time him and a new lad had a bet on it passing/failing, new lad was amazed it sailed through even passing latest emission test even though it didn't need to being an import.
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: 17 June 2017, 03:24:25 pm »
Went to watch the Somerset Rebels Speedway take on Kings Lynn at the Oak tree arena .

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1806 on: 19 June 2017, 08:59:57 am »
Saturday went for a blast up to near Plymouth for the Aquilla / Talon open day, stayed bout hour & half then sedate ride back to Falmouth for sea shanty festival
Sunday nice steady ride back from Falmouth to Portsmouth
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: 22 June 2017, 01:33:06 pm »
Rode up to North Wales on Monday, I was a bit worried how the Ducati  would cope with longer distances , I did 600 miles in 3 days , the Ducati was faultless on  green lanes , twistie B roads , sweeping bends , A roads , dual carriageway , motorways , luggage carrying capabilities were great and didn't affect handling and even MPG was more than adequate at 56 miles to the gallon .

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: 11 July 2017, 06:38:25 pm »
Rode the Scrambler to Weymouth and back .

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: 22 July 2017, 06:39:38 pm »
Bought today bike #7

Guenter

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: 24 July 2017, 10:03:12 am »
Hey a Bullet!
No not the bike! but for you.  :eek

My buddy has a modern ish Bullet with a sidecar fitted we have had so much fun on the old thing, flat out with me in the sports chair/sidecar and Billy at the helm, I say helm cos it's like being on a boat, she will do 56 mph.

New front pipe, as original has a restrictor in it and larger sized Amal concentric carb to compensate for the bigger bore front pipe and a BSA Goldie style silencer (straight through) sounds amazing.

We do a coastal run on it through towns and villages along their south coast from Northchaple in Sussex through Petworth, Arundel and onto the coast road through the rural villages and end up at New Haven for lunch and a pint then return trip, makes me smile thinking about it as it takes all day, could do it on the Fazer in less a third of the time.
It really does put a smile on our faces though with kids looking and pointing, covering their ears and the old geezers giving us the thumbs up and waving, remembering their old days on a combo I guess, when parking up people come up to us to ask about the bike.

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: 24 July 2017, 06:39:46 pm »
It´s an EFI so the bigger Amal carb will not work but she has the Indian silencer installed (the original one for Europe comes with the bike in a cardboard)  :)
Specs say she can do 82 mph. During the test drive I stopped at 56 mph.  Was fine for me and the bike.
Faster makes a lot of vibrations. Tomorrow she will get registered on my name and on Thursday I take her home.
I was wondering if it´s the right bike for me. So my intention was to make a test drive and get home disappointed and forgetting Enfields for the future.
It did not work  :rollin
« Last Edit: 24 July 2017, 06:40:31 pm by riedrider »
Guenter

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: 28 July 2017, 04:57:34 pm »
Sold the DRZ and bought this with £100 change from the proceeds. My trusted old Passat's gearbox is slowly loosing gears....1st, 5th and 6th are no longer playing ball so time to meet the great scrap heap in the sky. :D

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1813 on: 02 August 2017, 12:51:24 pm »
Last Night went to Poole Bike night, first time this year, was busy.. saw some nice clean Fazers out there too
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: 13 August 2017, 07:58:16 pm »
Took the MT for a little local ride under the clear blue sky.
Met up with another MT owner.....God those SP's look good.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: 21 August 2017, 02:56:29 pm »

My mighty Zed Thou in amongst the bikes at Inveraray and Tarbert yesterday........still don't miss my Fazer
« Last Edit: 21 August 2017, 03:14:22 pm by bigbluebear »

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: 22 August 2017, 08:42:27 pm »

nice bike

sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: 20 September 2017, 12:16:09 am »
got to take the new crf 450 i got a while back to the woods ,,nearly 4 months off the dirtbike over the fractured shinbone and boy did i miss it
bike feels great,,starts first kick and has the electric if your really lazy  :lol
https://image.ibb.co/cwONGa/20170810_173053_1.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/jK3wKQ/received_1274885225968248.jpg
please god let the sun keep shining

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: 20 September 2017, 08:52:27 am »
Wow superb action photo there Downey!

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: 25 September 2017, 11:53:50 pm »
cheers dude ,first time back on the dirtbike in 4 months from a fractured shin bone/tibia
bloody slow to heal i tell ya  :'(

F4celess

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: 26 September 2017, 09:29:36 am »

:eek Agreed. Great skills. Sweet bike too. Could imagine, brilliant fun out in (OVER) the countryside!  :)
Would you clean that the same way you'd clean the Fazer??
« Last Edit: 26 September 2017, 09:30:47 am by F4celess »

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: 26 September 2017, 06:19:41 pm »

:eek Agreed. Great skills. Sweet bike too. Could imagine, brilliant fun out in (OVER) the countryside!  :)
same really except the crf450x  gets a good wash and dry after EVERY use ,,but yes its so much fun and you would learn a lot from off road bikes about how a bike handles

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: 26 September 2017, 08:06:49 pm »
cheers dude ,first time back on the dirtbike in 4 months from a fractured shin bone/tibia
bloody slow to heal i tell ya  :'(

You big Wuss, Valentino Rossi was back in 3 weeks after breaking his :lol :lol
« Last Edit: 26 September 2017, 10:32:13 pm by unfazed »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: 07 October 2017, 12:46:03 am »
Drivers side door refused to lock on the fob over the last 5 days or so.
Spent a while trying to find out where the power and wiring for the actuators comes form spent ages looking into it, NO POWER, NO WIRES, fucking things work on a pneumatic system has a small compressor in the side of the boot, it transpired that a air line connector had broken as it attaches to the base of the drivers door actuator. Quick search on the tube found me a video of repair, shame I don't speak Italian, another quick search and found a Mercedes forum where a guy had done a very comprehensive post of how to fix it with little to no costs incurred, took a couple of hours, brilliant post, worked a treat and the connector is now stronger than it was when new.
SLK now 100% up together again, jobs-a-Goodun   :D .

Quick trip down to Halfords this evening to buy some bits and pieces to replenish my stock of useful stuff, feeling really pleased that the Merc is 100% and looking good, about 1/2 mile off the A3 heading towards Halfords at Waterloovile there is a very loud snap/bang, what the f--k, I stopped could not see anything (7-30 pm) and dark carried on to my destination looked around the car in the light from the shops, nothing ????
Got home and looked again under the light of a very bright military LED torch and low and behold,

See 1st picture drivers side mirror indicator repeater £59.99 thank you very much.
2nd picture how she looked before the broken indicator
3rd Picture made me smile again.
Lifes not so bad :lol
« Last Edit: 07 October 2017, 12:47:14 am by tommyardin »

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: 07 October 2017, 01:40:13 am »
An SLK  :eek / Sorry Tomski but that's another sticker in the post fella

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.