Date: 24-04-24  Time: 19:09 pm

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 514356 times)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #1525 on: 09 July 2016, 07:11:30 pm »
Took the DRZ for a long awaited trip through the green lanes, got dusty and muddy and injured  :\  Thank god for body armour, wouldn't ride without it, got to stop falling off the foccer though.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 09 July 2016, 07:13:10 pm »
Glad you ok. How did you come off?
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: 09 July 2016, 07:29:47 pm »
Thanks, Was going through a badly rutted muddy section at speed and got cross rutted, front wheel slipped out on the wall of a rut and down she went.
Trees either side of me so was quite relieved when I stopped sliding. right side of my body armour took the brunt of it but just slightly scuffed my wrist as it rode up my arm. No real harm done. Them bikes seem bombproof.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2016, 07:35:43 pm by dazza »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 09 July 2016, 07:57:48 pm »
it looks like a lucky escape. Trees hurt if you hit them :lol

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 10 July 2016, 09:35:08 pm »
Changed the oil and filter, replaced bottom yoke bolts with stainless and caliper bolts with titanium :)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 19 July 2016, 09:17:34 pm »
Leaving work today, got a phone call, took off my new 2 day old €140 anti glare driving glasses and helmet to answer the call, put glasses on the tank bag and helmet over them. Foccing wrong number :rolleyes .
Started the bike, put on the helmet took the bike of the centre stand, put down the side stand, and stood right on top of my foccing glasses FOC, FOC FOC. Never heard them falling, foccing mangled.
Had to ride home with the €5 pair that I have for a foccing year
 :'( :'( :'(

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Feel your pain Unfazed. I wear reactolite varifocals, and two years ago for various reasons swagged out about £700 in replacement glasses.Would they be covered by your house insurance.Trouble is it could affect your premium making it not worth the claim.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 19 July 2016, 10:03:20 pm »
Better pics and painted tyres

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: 19 July 2016, 11:11:05 pm »
Leaving work today, got a phone call, took off my new 2 day old €140 anti glare driving glasses and helmet to answer the call, put glasses on the tank bag and helmet over them. Foccing wrong number :rolleyes .
Started the bike, put on the helmet took the bike of the centre stand, put down the side stand, and stood right on top of my foccing glasses FOC, FOC FOC. Never heard them falling, foccing mangled.

140 yo yo  :eek  blimey that shop must have had REALLY big windows  :lol
please god let the sun keep shining

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 20 July 2016, 12:37:52 am »
 :lol :lol :lol

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: 20 July 2016, 05:52:38 pm »
I got 5 pairs of e bay unfazed 10 quid, :) shit but stop the sun, lol
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 20 July 2016, 05:55:45 pm »
Got a clean rear shock from a breaker for the Vfr and dropped it down to mtc in stow market to get it fitted with a heavier spring for two up/ luggage and overhauled

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 20 July 2016, 10:50:03 pm »
I got 5 pairs of e bay unfazed 10 quid, :) shit but stop the sun, lol

I decided after years of using cheapos to try a good frame with anti glare, they were great, but foc it back to the cheapos again

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 25 July 2016, 07:16:18 am »
Took the Eunos down my favorite road and had a bit of fun with a Hyundai Coupe, he came helling up behind me and almost caught me napping, only almost though, last I saw of him he was dealing with some serious body trying to stay with me through a set of s bends lol

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 26 July 2016, 05:09:49 pm »
Four new tires on the Eunos, fronts were nigh on bald, one with a slow puncture must have been about ready to let go, so much vibration under braking I though I had a warped disk, don't think I'll leave them that long again, feels like a new car.
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 27 July 2016, 01:32:43 pm »

Been wearing glasses since I started riding at 17, but only ever really needed them for driving and the prescription is not very strong, consequently I don't wear them all the time which always leads to me.
Sitting on them (my personal favourite )
Standing on them
Kneeling on them   
Running over them
Dropping them/sliding off tank
Loosing them
So I only ever buy from glasses direct - cheap 2 for 1
I have a frameless pair which are actually womens with thin arms that slot nicely in my helmet and a normal pair for every thing else

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 28 July 2016, 12:41:53 am »
Ordered carbon twill weave satin swingarm covers from Conquest carbon for my v4 tuono. Will report on quality and fit when they arrive ;)  Got a good discount from them also. Nice company to deal with.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 28 July 2016, 07:32:41 am »
I had an SV650, but it's not in the same league as the kind of litre V twins I'm thinking about. I wish I could stretch to the V4 Tuono though. When I was still living down in Oxfordshire, several times I stood and drooled over one at Blade's in Swindon. Maybe I would find the grunt of the V2 a bit too brutal nowadays.

I've had my RSV Mille for 13 years and while I love it to bits, I'm totally underwhelmed by the "grunt" - compared to my FJ1200 it just doesn't have any ! Even compared to the Fazer 1000 I don't find the V2 grunty at lower revs. BUT, the thing is, it is grunty at what FEELS like low revs, but look at the tacho and its doing 6000 rpm.

I think what people confuse on a V2 is how high the engine is really revving - my RSV can't pull from 3000 rpm anything like as strongly at eith the FJ, or the Fazer - but both of those bikes feel (and sound) as though they're revving much higher because the 4 firing pulses.

I do agree on the V4 compromise - I loved the RSV4 I rode and Liz's old VF 750 engine is a relaxing gem to use, smooth, torquey and sounds low revving, even at 5-6000 rpm.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 28 July 2016, 07:34:29 am »
I had an SV650, but it's not in the same league as the kind of litre V twins I'm thinking about. I wish I could stretch to the V4 Tuono though. When I was still living down in Oxfordshire, several times I stood and drooled over one at Blade's in Swindon. Maybe I would find the grunt of the V2 a bit too brutal nowadays.

I've had my RSV Mille for 13 years and while I love it to bits, I'm totally underwhelmed by the "grunt" - it's definitely NOT brutal - compared to my FJ1200 it just doesn't have any low to mid range grunt! Even compared to the Fazer 1000 I don't find the V2 grunty at lower revs. BUT, the thing is, it is grunty at what FEELS like low revs, but look at the tacho and its doing 6000 rpm.

I think what people confuse on a V2 is how high the engine is really revving - my RSV can't pull from 3000 rpm anything like as strongly at eith the FJ, or the Fazer - but both of those bikes feel (and sound) as though they're revving much higher because the 4 firing pulses.

I do agree on the V4 compromise - I loved the RSV4 I rode and Liz's old VF 750 engine is a relaxing gem to use, smooth, torquey and sounds low revving, even at 5-6000 rpm.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #1544 on: 28 July 2016, 11:01:46 am »
Tuesday took the Biffer from Portsmouth up to York & back for work then went to Plymouth & back on Wednesday

having a rest day today lol
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: 28 July 2016, 04:46:26 pm »
11 days ago left my tablet PC on the garden table whilst trimming a plant growing up the house wall. Whilst up the ladder it started to spit with rain.... forgot about the bloody tablet!
Found it later that afternoon.... switched it on.... nothing 😕😕😖
Put it in airing cupboard for a couple of days with back removed and tried the 'bag of rice ' trick. Nothing....no signs of life. A week later replaced it with new one as still no signs of life.
Yesterday, before binning it I tried one last time and the thing came to life and works fine 😂
So....the purpose of posting...if you get your phone or tablet wet, don't give up too soon, you never know!

D

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 28 July 2016, 06:48:59 pm »
Secret is to remove the battery and back depending on the type and stand it on edge over a dry heat source, I generally use the immersion tank in the hot press or the rayburn cooker in winter when it is on. :thumbup
I have recovered a number of devices for people that way.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 28 July 2016, 09:21:30 pm »
Secret is to remove the battery and back depending on the type and stand it on edge over a dry heat source, I generally use the immersion tank in the hot press or the rayburn cooker in winter when it is on. :thumbup
I have recovered a number of devices for people that way.

Didn't know about the 'on edge' part but was convinced that after several days in the boiler room with the back off it had died.....

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 29 July 2016, 10:25:23 pm »
Left it in the bike park and went to play

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 05 August 2016, 04:24:43 pm »
11 days ago left my tablet PC on the garden table whilst trimming a plant growing up the house wall. Whilst up the ladder it started to spit with rain.... forgot about the bloody tablet!
Found it later that afternoon.... switched it on.... nothing 😕😕😖
Put it in airing cupboard for a couple of days with back removed and tried the 'bag of rice ' trick. Nothing....no signs of life. A week later replaced it with new one as still no signs of life.
Yesterday, before binning it I tried one last time and the thing came to life and works fine 😂
So....the purpose of posting...if you get your phone or tablet wet, don't give up too soon, you never know!

D

Bit of an update....the tablet worked fine for about a week then suddenly died.. :'(  I found that if I removed the battery then reconnected it the boot process ran for a couple of seconds then it died. Each time i disconnect the battery and reconnect it it starts to boot then dies.
Any ideas anyone?
I have tried with two different batteries with the same outcome.