Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:20 pm

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 505571 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #1175 on: 01 February 2016, 06:45:17 am »
Oi....don't get saucy
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 01 February 2016, 06:18:57 pm »
@noggythenog
The original Hornet 900 SC48 headlight has a chrome ring and an unpainted housing:

Here in Germany they are rare and quiet expensive. You can buy a new aftermarket headlight for about the same price. But I think the OEM-quality from Stanley is better even if it is used. The one I used for the BMW was cheap since the housing had a crack and the chrome ring some dents and scratches.
An alternative is the very similar headlight from the naked version of the Suzuki SV650.
Guenter

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 01 February 2016, 07:40:31 pm »
@noggythenog
The original Hornet 900 SC48 headlight has a chrome ring and an unpainted housing:

Here in Germany they are rare and quiet expensive. You can buy a new aftermarket headlight for about the same price. But I think the OEM-quality from Stanley is better even if it is used. The one I used for the BMW was cheap since the housing had a crack and the chrome ring some dents and scratches.
An alternative is the very similar headlight from the naked version of the Suzuki SV650.

Yeh id probably have an SV650 one as they are quite common over here....i just think getting a honda item will guarantee some sort of quality....the mt03 style light on mine looks ok but the quality isnt there....actually a bit shabby.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 01 February 2016, 07:46:08 pm »
Stanley was/is also supplier for Suzuki so the quality should be comparable to Honda.
Guenter

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 01 February 2016, 07:59:53 pm »
Finally took the plunge and spent nearly £700 on Rukka Gore Tex jacket & trousers, link below. Good quality feel and a 6yr warranty - got fed up of trying to re proof my gear and failing badly.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/rukka-matti-jacket/4164

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/rukka-focus-gore-tex-short-trousers/5772

Frosties.....with a 6 year guarantee on this stuff that is still only £150 ish per year for those 6 years....for guaranteed comfort.

I can see myself being interested in some...maybe become an all year biker for the first time...few things motor related in the pipeline but sadly not involving any MV Brutale.....my missus might soon have a driving licence & so i plan on giving her the 3 year old skoda and getting myself an old merc sprinter to get done up as a camper.....complete with space for loading a bike.....thing is i dont want to be putting unnecessary mileage on a camper just by going back and forward to work.....bike is the obvious answer.....but i need to look smart in work and be dry so itll have to be an all weather bike and some decent all weather gear.......decisions decisions :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 01 February 2016, 09:15:36 pm »
Finally took the plunge and spent nearly £700 on Rukka Gore Tex jacket & trousers, link below. Good quality feel and a 6yr warranty - got fed up of trying to re proof my gear and failing badly.

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/rukka-matti-jacket/4164

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/rukka-focus-gore-tex-short-trousers/5772

Frosties.....with a 6 year guarantee on this stuff that is still only £150 ish per year for those 6 years....for guaranteed comfort.

I can see myself being interested in some...maybe become an all year biker for the first time...few things motor related in the pipeline but sadly not involving any MV Brutale.....my missus might soon have a driving licence & so i plan on giving her the 3 year old skoda and getting myself an old merc sprinter to get done up as a camper.....complete with space for loading a bike.....thing is i dont want to be putting unnecessary mileage on a camper just by going back and forward to work.....bike is the obvious answer.....but i need to look smart in work and be dry so itll have to be an all weather bike and some decent all weather gear.......decisions decisions :b

More like £115/year Noggy. First day with it on today and got to say it felt good - still needs breaking in properly but you can feel the quality. Don't know why I didn't do it years ago........the time I've wasted with Nikwax products. Feel safer wearing it for some reason........

The MV Brutale will happen one day and same as you I'm gagging for a decent camper or base van to work on - fancy a nice T5. One day our dreams will come true  :D
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 03 February 2016, 03:39:28 pm »
Replaced the rear light bulb in the offside rear cluster on the Astra .

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 06 February 2016, 10:46:00 pm »
Spent 5 hours dismantling and reassembling my Mazda 6 to find the cause of a rattle under the drivers seat which was driving my wife and I to distraction.

Disconnect the battery, disconnect the seat Air Bags and pretensioners, remove the front and rear door kick panels remove the front seat, remove the rear panel on the rear seat,  remove the drivers side seat belts, remove the rear seat,  remove the pillar panels, remove the kick panel in drivers foot well and remove the carpet clips.
I rolled back the carpet on the drivers side to expose the floor, nothing there to cause a rattle.
Flexible camera attached to the laptop searched inside the floor stiffener running across the floor under the drivers seat.
A foccing AA battery. :grumble How in the foc was I going to get this out, the plastic rear foot well heater could not be removed without removing the centre console. I finally managed to catch it with a flexible claw working through 4 different 8mm holes and after 20minutes got it as close as possible to the door where I could fish it out easily.
Don't know how the battery got in there as there is a 20mm lip from the base of the floor to the slot for the heater.
Did a further check with the camera to make sure there was only one battery in there.
Now I had to put it all back together. :'(
Then realised when I was ready to reconnect the air bags and pretensioners, realised I never reconnected the battery after disconnecting the air bags and pretensioners which means the ECU will have reset "foc". :wall
Reconnected the air bags and pretensioners reconnected the battery.
Now I had to go through the procedure of getting the ECU to relearn its 108000 miles settings. :'(
Ignition on for 1 minute, off for 1 minute. Start the car running rough took it for a 15minute spin, turn it off leave it for 1 hour, turn on the ignition for 1 minute, turn it off for 1 minute. Start the car leave it idle until it reached normal operating temperature (20 minutes), turn it off leave it for 5 minutes. Restart it and it appears to be back to normal.
Why the foc didn't I just reconnect the foccing battery. :grumble
At least the rattle is gone.  :)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 07 February 2016, 06:13:09 pm »
Well I bought an accident damaged 2009 Fireblade, only 1700 miles on the clock,it is like new.

So new battery,plastics inc seat rearend,tank cover, rh fairing,inc other panels, front brake lever,rh foot rest,brake lever assembly,exhaust .Crash bungs,cottonreels rear end,

Insured it, just waiting for a throttle twist tube to arrive and will have a go on it.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 09 February 2016, 06:43:42 pm »
very nice. ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 09 February 2016, 11:32:54 pm »
Went to see the new Dad's Army film this evening... :'( :'( :'(

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 10 February 2016, 04:38:22 pm »
Actually rode the Striple for the first time since buying it  :eek

Good fun, although was being a bit careful on brand new tyres and an unfamiliar bike. But boy, what a soundtrack!  :evil 

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 10 February 2016, 05:35:39 pm »
So, you was just teasing the hedges then  :D

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 10 February 2016, 05:40:24 pm »
They are too "hard" to bother with hedges up there-its dry stone walls that need "refacing" :lol

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 11 February 2016, 08:26:46 pm »
Just got back from Scotland , we stayed at Loch Long hotel with Lochs and Glens , it was excellent value for money , I would definitely recommend

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 12 February 2016, 12:37:36 am »

Sold my VN800, and im gutted. I loved that bike. But when you get offered a VN1500 for a price that was ridiculously, stupidly cheap, it had to go. I cant justify (to wifey and myself) having two bikes of the same type. Yes, there's a case to be put for a green laner, and I would probably get it passed by SWMBO, but two cruisers? Or two Fazers? Whats the point unless you are doing it short term to make a few bob?

Im just trying to make myself feel better about selling my VN800 aren't I.

Yes I am.

Shutting up now Sir!!!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 12 February 2016, 11:55:35 am »

I already have my idea of what it will be like, but what was your verdict?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 12 February 2016, 06:07:55 pm »

I already have my idea of what it will be like, but what was your verdict?

I found it very disappointing.

I really like the original show and I did try to view the new movie with an open mind, trying not to compare the characters too much with the old cast, but I found that's inevitable (and therefore disappointing).

The old storyline of Mainwaring removing his spectacles and consequently stumbling around gets used a lot and the ending was a bit OTT.

Overall I would give it 1* out of 5.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 12 February 2016, 07:01:34 pm »
Well later this afternoon the roads were dry,got home early enough to tax the fireblade and take it for some fresh petrol and a gentle test ride.

It went very well,i don't know if I will get on with it but will see how the summer goes.
The bike has only done 1700 miles and you can tell, it is so tight,and it sure goes, it has the original tyres on,6 year old Dunlop Qualifires,plenty of tread but I will change them as they may be harder than new.
I tried it a bit on the dual carriageway, haha, hell, what can I say.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 12 February 2016, 07:22:33 pm »
Looks great  slim hope you enjoy it mate  :thumbup

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 12 February 2016, 08:21:10 pm »
hang on slim, clench your cheeks.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 12 February 2016, 08:34:58 pm »
put the heating on in my static carafan, then went to the pub :D   will call back in an hour or two, lifes a bitch.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 12 February 2016, 08:41:24 pm »
Well later this afternoon the roads were dry,got home early enough to tax the fireblade and take it for some fresh petrol and a gentle test ride.

It went very well,i don't know if I will get on with it but will see how the summer goes.
The bike has only done 1700 miles and you can tell, it is so tight,and it sure goes, it has the original tyres on,6 year old Dunlop Qualifires,plenty of tread but I will change them as they may be harder than new.
I tried it a bit on the dual carriageway, haha, hell, what can I say.

Looks sweet Slim, will be down your way this year pretty soon.....will give you a look in and hopefully meet up for a raid across the border.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 12 February 2016, 10:05:37 pm »
Hope to see you Dazza,fingers crossed.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 13 February 2016, 09:04:20 am »
Nice bike & I like the look of your "family seat"! :lol