Date: 19-03-24  Time: 09:38 am

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 144137 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #1375 on: 13 February 2024, 09:58:32 pm »
Back on the tuna salad for a few days for me, before it all goes back on :eek
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 15 February 2024, 08:39:14 pm »
Back on the tuna salad for a few days for me, before it all goes back on :eek

:rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 25 February 2024, 04:56:26 pm »
You can stop laughing now. :)  Took almost two weeks, but shifted the Dragon Rally bulk plus a bit more, so now a few lbs under my target weight. Time for a curry and a few beers to celebrate………and the vicious circle continues :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 04 March 2024, 08:23:46 pm »
You can stop laughing now. :)  Took almost two weeks, but shifted the Dragon Rally bulk plus a bit more, so now a few lbs under my target weight. Time for a curry and a few beers to celebrate………and the vicious circle continues :lol

I've stopped trying, not that I ever started  :lol .
My problem is (and the Doc agreed), that when I work away, there is very little, easily obtainable, sensible food options and you can easily end up bored of pub grub as the menu's literally the same everywhere you go. (That's primarily due to pubs no longer physically cooking, but nuking pre-prepared food instead).

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 05 March 2024, 11:16:14 am »

My problem is (and the Doc agreed), that when I work away, there is very little, easily obtainable, sensible food options and you can easily end up bored of pub grub as the menu's literally the same everywhere you go. (That's primarily due to pubs no longer physically cooking, but nuking pre-prepared food instead).

I suppose working away from home on a fairly regular basis, even for short periods, does put the brakes on eating proper food. As you say, most pub grub is batch cooked and then frozen, to be nuked at a later date. You do wonder how so many options can be offered on the menu in some smaller places, as their kitchen wouldn’t be big enough if it was all fresh. But then it would be a darn sight dearer. Is working away from home fairly constant throughout the year for you, or more seasonal?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 05 March 2024, 07:54:59 pm »

I suppose working away from home on a fairly regular basis, even for short periods, does put the brakes on eating proper food. As you say, most pub grub is batch cooked and then frozen, to be nuked at a later date. You do wonder how so many options can be offered on the menu in some smaller places, as their kitchen wouldn’t be big enough if it was all fresh. But then it would be a darn sight dearer. Is working away from home fairly constant throughout the year for you, or more seasonal?

Fairly constant at the moment - I drove 2500 miles in just over 3 weeks (Jan 28th - Feb 21st) and I think the cycle is about to start again. Got a trip to Edinburgh week after next lol.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 09 March 2024, 11:14:32 am »
Very difficult to have a settled diet then. Plenty of work keeps the wolves from the door, so all good in the long run :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 10 March 2024, 02:53:08 pm »
Very difficult to have a settled diet then. Plenty of work keeps the wolves from the door, so all good in the long run :thumbup

I am aiming at a few days off so I can get the Fazer ready for the new season. Got all of the parts - just need the time to deal with it all.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 11 March 2024, 06:25:24 pm »

I am aiming at a few days off so I can get the Fazer ready for the new season. Got all of the parts - just need the time to deal with it all.

Fork oil change today….£19 for a litre of Motul’s finest 7.5wt :eek .  Callipers and exup valve service tomorrow, then should be set for another season of fun and frolics.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2024, 06:26:52 pm by robbo »