Date: 18-04-24  Time: 03:10 am

Author Topic: first proper rideout today and the old girl done well  (Read 1144 times)

fq-craigus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
first proper rideout today and the old girl done well
« on: 11 January 2014, 07:43:06 pm »
Well since passing and buying my fzs600 in dec I have used it nearly daily as a commute and general excuse to pop to the supernarket. But today I had my first proper rideout with a friend who passed a week before me. He has an r6.

It was a bit fresh today but sun was out so the roads cleared nicely. Went from boston to peterborough and visited a bike shop in eye and another called wheels in peterborough, had coffee ect mcdonalds, oggled at loads of pretty bikes and headed back.

Bike performed well on her first long run out and also kept the r6 on its toes which I didnt think would happen.

Got home all safe only to get a txt from my pak that someone reversed into his bike knocked it over picked it up and put it on its stand and deove off but caused untold damage, water gushed out from womewhere, broke fairings and headlight, snapped footpeg and bent gear lever and clutch lever. Luckily number pkate and accident was caught on his girlfriends cctv at her salon but needless to say he is gutted

hightower

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: first proper rideout today and the old girl done well
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2014, 08:36:58 pm »
Very fortunate to have footage. Hope he gets it sorted ASAP.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2014, 12:01:48 am »
oh hell, not what he needed, I will get sorted,soon I hope.

Glad you kept up with him on the ride,photos?any photos
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

fq-craigus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2014, 12:49:20 pm »
no no photos unfortunatly and my phone doesnt let me upload any either need to get my bb account sorted for tapatalk.

yh not what he needed especially after such a great day.

in the workshop on my day off repairing the fairing where the last owner let it have a nap tis a long process