Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:48 pm

Author Topic: RIP Marchride Aka Tim  (Read 15105 times)

wannafazer

• Hornet post whore
  • GP Hero
  • Frasers bitch !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Foc-U
Re: RIP Marchride Aka Tim
« Reply #50 on: 09 January 2014, 11:02:31 pm »
PS Does anyone know if Lum knows?

Yes, he's posted on facebook
The only real Fazer is a carbed 600.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 January 2014, 11:52:11 am »
didn't know the guy but sorry to hear all the same.
look young how old was he?
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 January 2014, 04:44:24 pm »
I never met Tim, but it's a dammed shame for anyone to die at a fairly young age, my thoughts are with his family at this time.

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 12 January 2014, 09:15:58 am »
RIP mate, you were the first to pm me when i joined FOC-u and badgered me into meeting up at the Silver Ball all those years ago only to greet me when i arrived with a cheesy grin and a V sign. Oh how i'll miss having my kill switch flicked at traffic lights......i will admit to shedding a tear this morning.

Pete, your experience was so similar to mine. I reckon it must have been ten or twelve years ago, I turned up one evening at the Silver Ball as a newbie, never met anyone in the group before. Walked in, looked and felt a bit awkward - the way you do - and Tim looked up from his conversation mid-sentence and said: "You Brian? Welcome mate, I'm Tim. Marchride. I'll introduce you to the others. This is Robin.... Gareth..." etc etc.

A top bloke, incredibly drol sense of humour, so easy to get to know and one of only two or three Foccers whose contact number I am proud to have in my phone.

Sad news indeed.   

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 12 January 2014, 09:51:08 am »
RIP mate, you were the first to pm me when i joined FOC-u and badgered me into meeting up at the Silver Ball all those years ago only to greet me when i arrived with a cheesy grin and a V sign. Oh how i'll miss having my kill switch flicked at traffic lights......i will admit to shedding a tear this morning.

Tim looked up from his conversation mid-sentence and said: "You Brian? Welcome mate, I'm Tim. Marchride. I'll introduce you to the others. This is Robin.... Gareth..." etc etc.

I remember that Brain and if memory serves me right when he introduced Robin he added "he's a Poof" :rollin :rollin :rollin typical Timness!

Those Silver Ball meets where always a joy and Tim was an essential part.  Like many of us I've been remembering all those Tim moments over the last few days and love him or hate him (lets be honest he wasn't everyone's cup of tea) he was a one off and I'll miss him :'(

Who else sends you a txt saying "how are you, you f%*king poof"  Priceless!

« Last Edit: 12 January 2014, 10:17:56 am by Gnasher »
Later

Pepy27

• FOC-U Profile Police
    Closet FZ6 Fancier
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Vespa 250GTV & Honda Deauv
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 12 January 2014, 09:51:50 am »

Pete, your experience was so similar to mine. I reckon it must have been ten or twelve years ago, I turned up one evening at the Silver Ball as a newbie, never met anyone in the group before. Walked in, looked and felt a bit awkward - the way you do - and Tim looked up from his conversation mid-sentence and said: "You Brian? Welcome mate, I'm Tim. Marchride. I'll introduce you to the others. This is Robin.... Gareth..." etc etc.

A top bloke, incredibly drol sense of humour, so easy to get to know and one of only two or three Foccers whose contact number I am proud to have in my phone.

Sad news indeed.

A one off Foccer, never see his like again I don't think.
"Poofy" GTV250 Vespa 2007 & Honda Deauville 2008
RIP  Legend.  Marchride Aka Tim
« Reply #27 on: Today at 12:27:46 PM »

LittleHairyWelshman

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Honda Blackbird
    • View Profile
    • Aberdare Park Road Races
« Reply #56 on: 12 January 2014, 05:17:20 pm »
I posted on Tim's Facebook wall, however, am doing so here for foccing prosperity.

First met Tim after buying a Fazer and joining in with the foc-u shenanigans circa 2004. Shared many a joke and laugh with him at at his/my expense. Like Wits before him, Tim was a one off. A regular at the Frolic, Bourton on the Water, Rutland and at the 3 Dare events I organised. I last saw him in 2012 when we met for Sunday lunch with a few other foccers. He will be missed but never forgotten.

Farewell me old sausage.  :(
There are lot's of little hairy Welshmen but I am The Little Hairy Welshman.

Ben Diesel

• Foc-u Pikey
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR750FS FJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 January 2014, 07:50:32 pm »

QUOTE: I remember that Brain and if memory serves me right when he introduced Robin he added "he's a Poof" :rollin :rollin :rollin typical Timness!

Kev, you're halfway there. If I recall correctly, what Tim actually said was: "You can tell just by looking at him, he's a poof..."
« Last Edit: 12 January 2014, 07:51:20 pm by Ben Diesel »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 January 2014, 08:42:01 pm »
Kev, you're halfway there. If I recall correctly, what Tim actually said was: "You can tell just by looking at him, he's a poof..."

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

He was focking funny at times was Tim absolutely no tacked what so ever straight between the eyes :lol 
Later

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 19 January 2014, 07:15:28 pm »
This is my first visit since the turn of the year and I'm saddened by this news.

nippykarl

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - street triple RS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 09 April 2014, 02:51:20 pm »
not been on the foc-u for a while and just found this out ,shocked and upset, I met Tim many times over the years on ride outs / meets, real shame bye you old poof.

madmondeoman

• GP Hero
  • Needs some 2 wheel therapy
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29 April 2014, 08:53:10 am »
We had a good ride out on Sunday for him.  Still missing the old spunk trumpet

Yellowwolf

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CBR 954RR
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03 May 2014, 03:23:00 pm »
OMG I've just seen this as I don't get on here often. Shocked, he was a fantastic guy and a lovable rogue. So sad. The angels better watch out because he'll be grabbing their arses. RIP mate xx