Date: 26-04-24  Time: 08:14 am

Author Topic: Unwanted Christmas Gifts...  (Read 818 times)

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Unwanted Christmas Gifts...
« on: 01 January 2014, 05:22:41 pm »
We all get them. A jumper that's too big (or too small in my case). A CD you already have. Aftershave designed for someone your sons age. Jeans with vajazzle stitching. You get the idea. Well this year, instead of putting it on eBay/Gumtree or the for sale and wanted section, why not do what I'm doing and put it all in a a box and donate it to a charity of your choosing. I'm sure you could live without the few quid it brings in, it will cost you nothing and someone less fortunate than yourself will benefit from it. You might even get a nice feeling on the inside.

I'm not trying to preach here, its just an idea I had and though I would share it with you Foccers.

Happy new year and all the best for 2014
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
Re: Unwanted Christmas Gifts...
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2014, 06:36:49 pm »
instead of trying to flog some stuff, we took it to our local barnardos. after filling in the gift aid form, they send us a quarterly statement of what our stuff sold for. we now try to beat the previous quarter by giving more stuff away! the attic will soon be empty at this rate.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Re: Unwanted Christmas Gifts...
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2014, 07:10:03 pm »
Good on ya mate  ;) . I cleared my loft during the summer there. It took a few weekends and several runs to the charity shop. I actually divided it up between the Princes trust, Cancer research and the one with the wee house logo. I know some people could maybe use the money for their old stuff, and that's fair enough. But "most" people well off enough to ride a motorcycle for fun can afford to give a little away. Sometimes it just takes someone to suggest it.

Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...