Date: 25-04-24  Time: 04:38 am

Author Topic: Motorbike Leathers  (Read 2680 times)

zippywight

• DAS Born Again
  • who? me? no wasnt me, you sure? nope not me!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Motorbike Leathers
« on: 29 December 2013, 08:40:14 pm »
Hey Foccers, Once again being a noob I seek years of wisdom. Firstly 2 piece or 1 piece Leathers? Are they required to fit tigh/snug or just fitting and allow for the leather to stretch slightly? Also I have seen these on fleabay..... £160 + £15 P+P. There made by REKO Racing...... They look nice and the Armour is replaceable. Any comments and guidance will be great. P.s Mother bought my motorbike boots as per my other post and I got the Daytona Alkons.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: Motorbike Leathers
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2013, 09:00:14 pm »
I got a black two piece that a mate of mine is selling, hardly worn (less than a dozen times) as he's given up biking. I think he wants £100 for it. 34" pants, 44" jacket. I almost bought them, but jacket was too small.
Let me know if your interested.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2013, 09:03:13 pm »
Just had a look, they're made by RK Sports, zip together, and knee slider patches.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2013, 09:14:19 pm »
Hey Foccers, Once again being a noob I seek years of wisdom. Firstly 2 piece or 1 piece Leathers? Are they required to fit tigh/snug or just fitting and allow for the leather to stretch slightly? Also I have seen these on fleabay..... £160 + £15 P+P. There made by REKO Racing...... They look nice and the Armour is replaceable. Any comments and guidance will be great. P.s Mother bought my motorbike boots as per my other post and I got the Daytona Alkons.

If you're road riding, then a two piece, but ideally one with a 360 degree connecting zip so you can zip the two together. One pieces definitely offer a little more protection, but they're also a right pain in the ass to use on the road, to get in and out of them, to carry anything in them (most don't have many, if any pockets). Other issue is that a lot of them are quite a race fit, so precurve you - fine if you're on a sports bike, but a lot aren't actually cut for an upright bike and are a pain to walk in to.

Either way though, whatever you get needs to be a good fit - it needs to not restrict your movement on the bike, (although at first they will be stiff), but it needs to be a good snug fit to keep the armour in place whjere it should, and to make sure should the worse happen that you atually slide, rather than having the material bunch up, grip the road, and flip you.

That particular set i'd be a bit worried about to be honest, at £160 new, there have got to have been some sacrifices made in the quality of the materials and/or the manufacturing.

Probably best to stick to one of the big brands, and ideally the best set you can afford (best set doesn't always mean the most expensive though!)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2013, 09:15:48 pm »
Can you link up the boots you got? I thought (might well be mistaken on this though) that the Alkons were the cross country/offroad boots that Daytona make?

zippywight

• DAS Born Again
  • who? me? no wasnt me, you sure? nope not me!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2013, 09:42:23 pm »
Joe,

These are the boots, I think they may work with the leathers. There okay with textiles. As long as i have protection. Mother bought them so couldnt really say no.   :rolleyes

http://www.daytona.de/index.php?page=808
« Last Edit: 29 December 2013, 09:56:24 pm by zippywight »

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2013, 09:44:23 pm »
Whatever you get, Id recommend trying them on first.

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2013, 11:11:47 pm »
Joe,

These are the boots, I think they may work with the leathers. There okay with textiles. As long as i have protection. Mother bought them so couldnt really say no.   :rolleyes

http://www.daytona.de/index.php?page=808

Ah nah they look sound - the Daytonas are really solid boots so they shoul;d be keeping your feet warm and dry for years yet! GOd knows where I got the idea they were a motocross boot from :S