Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:28 am

Linked Events

• LoFo meet Box Hill: 05 January 2014

Author Topic: Lofo Sun 5th Jan  (Read 15537 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Lofo Sun 5th Jan
« Reply #75 on: 05 January 2014, 05:06:44 pm »
Awwww, missed you too!   :kiss      :lol

I appear to have turned into a fair weather biker  :eek

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05 January 2014, 05:14:16 pm »
Exupnut ain't gonna sleep for a week after Grandma showed him how a real biker rides a fazer!
Sorry to red- I had no idea what exupnut was saying at the roundabout and left you, hope you got back Ok!
Some say...

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05 January 2014, 05:15:34 pm »
So, who's Helen ? Thought I was bad with names Kosmic but could have sworn her name was Christine  :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05 January 2014, 05:32:38 pm »

got in 20mins ago.....a cold start this morning but plenty of tea on the way  ;) ...not too bad coming home and i missed all the rain  :D .....a good ride out for what still is winter,enjoyed it and nice to see some new faces......nexts months meet we shall be celebrating our 1st year as lofo`s so a good turn out please foccers.....

« Last Edit: 05 January 2014, 05:37:21 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05 January 2014, 05:42:13 pm »
Good God, an uglier looking lot you'd never hope to see! Wish I'd said nowt!  :lol
So do I, bloody cameras:/
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 05 January 2014, 05:51:14 pm »
Exupnut ain't gonna sleep for a week after Grandma showed him how a real biker rides a fazer!
Sorry to red- I had no idea what exupnut was saying at the roundabout and left you, hope you got back Ok!

no probs stiggy......exup thought it best for me to go straight on.ended up going over chelsea bridge and up through earls court.......best of luck with the new job tomorrow  :)  but watch out for the boss,ive heard hes a right old nutter  :rollin

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 05 January 2014, 10:23:56 pm »
I was tryin to tell you boyo's that was ur best way home is all... Next month red will bring the stuttering 6.... He did say it today..... We all heard it...... Better get polishing my wing mirrors.... Hehe
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 05 January 2014, 10:49:46 pm »
Thanks for a brilliant day, great to meet some of you and that we managed to get something to eat, sitting down in the end! lol Enjoyed the ride home Fazer knows it's way fortunately, as Boxhill relatively near to me. Gave up with the Scottoiler and did the chain the old fashioned way when I got home as couldn't stand it looking so awful after my futile efforts yesterday
[/size][size=78%]
Looking forward to the next one[/size]
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

Grandma

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 05 January 2014, 11:08:52 pm »
BTW Have a Haynes Manual for an FZS1000 Gen 1 looking for a home, forgot to give it to the guy I sold mine to last year. FREE
« Last Edit: 06 January 2014, 06:50:05 am by Grandma »

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 05 January 2014, 11:12:53 pm »
Goes around, comes around. Looks like I'll be doing a Liam on the next Foccer rideout - can't miss our aniversary, can I Exup?  :lol

Just to throw it out there: how about repeating our first rideout? The Ace to Blackheath to Saarfend?
The Deef's apprentice

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 06 January 2014, 12:29:02 am »
O and thanks for hanging for me Midden (bloody traffic lights), even though I nearly ended up at your house .....

Grandma

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 06 January 2014, 06:46:09 am »
Good God, an uglier looking lot you'd never hope to see! Wish I'd said nowt!  :lol

That's Koz pretty boy Kosmic is not in the picture.

Hopefully Grandma will stick a few more pictures up here soon.

So funny. She [Helen? Grandma] filtered passed me when (I was stationary at a set of lights) and showed Exup the correct way to ride a Fazer... Very impressed at the old lady's pace and bike control. It brought a smile to my face.
I must admit to being a bit of a cheat as I have been passionate about bikes since I was 14. Bought my first bike as soon as I left school, did RAC/ACU training scheme at Crystal Palace on a Triumph Sports Cub after passing my test riding around the block at Norbury. My son is the same and had his eyes on the R6 I had when he passed on a 125 and had finished his 2 year restriction, but I wouldn't let him ride it until he had more training and agreed to do it with him, as I also had an ER5 which he rode initially. One thing led to another the R6 clocked up a lot of miles so I bought a silver R1, that clocked up a lot of miles, so I swopped it for a blue R1, that clocked up a lot of miles, so I bought a Gen 1 Fazer 1000 from a friend as backup, Alex had bought his own R6 and I wouldn't let him loose on the R1 until he had it a few years. He still has it, plus my blue R1 I gave him last year and a CBR400RR. As the Fazer 1000 was 50kg heavier than the R1 I struggled with it at times and it used to pull my shoulders out on the tight twisties, plus, you've guessed it, the miles were clocking up! So I sold it and bought a Gen 2 Fazer 1000 which wasn't half the bike and very thirsty, luckily I managed to write it off on the M20 on the way to France when the luggage I had used for years on all the other bikes, slipped and locked up the back wheel, dumping me on the hard shoulder. Never written off a bike before but it gave me the opportunity to buy the Fazer 8 which I have never regretted.
[/size][/color]Over the years also benefitted from extra training from Police, as the London Bikesafe team which operated from the Ace became involved with the Unity Rides, after the London bombings, the USR's helped with Afghan Heroes at Wootton Basset, Manston and the Ring of Red earlier this year, but as I have two grandsons now, not so involved.[/font]
[/size][/color]The icing on the cake was last year when I was included in a one day intensive course with a couple of Hendon instructors who run them in their spare time and prior to that helped with a couple Kent Firebike Rider Skills Days at Brands Hatch, the ulterior motive was the two free track sessions each day. The Fazer was brilliant, took me a while to work out how to ride it as so different from R1, but had a great time each day, looking forward to some more this year. So that is a potted history, glad I made the effort to find you guys, thanks for a very enjoyable day. Christine[/font]

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 06 January 2014, 06:49:52 am »
good idea christo.....not to far and quite a few foccers out that way now.....see what the weather does  ;)

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 06 January 2014, 02:32:26 pm »
Do it on the 9th!

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06 January 2014, 05:42:09 pm »
Glad to see you all had a good day out. Hopefully next month I should be able to make it - just hoping it won't be tooo cold :P

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #90 on: 06 January 2014, 06:11:43 pm »

So funny. She [Helen? Grandma] filtered passed me when (I was stationary at a set of lights) and showed Exup the correct way to ride a Fazer... Very impressed at the old lady's pace and bike control. It brought a smile to my face.
I must admit to being a bit of a cheat as I have been passionate about bikes since I was 14...........

Grandma Christine - You can come and ride your bike with me anytime. Absolute pleaseure to watch such an experienced rider.

You did the same course as me at Crystal Palace, and I also took my test at Norwood. I went full circle and become a motorcycle instructor teaching at Crystal Palace (and at other Motag sites in the south east). I loved the job and did it full time and part time for about four years but it just never paid enough money to keep my daughter in shoes.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06 January 2014, 08:25:57 pm »
I took my test at Norwood too. 1972 on a Bantam. No CBT first in those days of course. I 'learned the basics' up and down the service road behind my mate's flats at Denmark Hill.
Good to meet and talk with you Christine. Sorry I couldn't keep up !

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06 January 2014, 08:44:17 pm »

I must admit to being a bit of a cheat as I have been passionate about bikes since I was 14...........

Grandma Christine - You can come and ride your bike with me anytime. Absolute pleaseure to watch such an experienced rider.

You did the same course as me at Crystal Palace, and I also took my test at Norwood. I went full circle and become a motorcycle instructor teaching at Crystal Palace (and at other Motag sites in the south east). I loved the job and did it full time and part time for about four years but it just never paid enough money to keep my daughter in shoes.
And let her ride your bike too Kosmic- just to wind up Exup!
Some say...

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #93 on: 06 January 2014, 09:22:04 pm »
"And let her ride your bike too Kosmic- just to wind up Exup!"

:lol
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 06 January 2014, 10:42:41 pm »
And then when were all properly qualified we get  to ride a proper bike....

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 06 January 2014, 10:44:07 pm »
Sorry i meant ......

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 06 January 2014, 10:46:24 pm »
Oh go on then....

A pair.... Of tools....:-)

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06 January 2014, 11:39:07 pm »
Only the rider and the bike on the right!  :lol :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06 January 2014, 11:42:56 pm »
When's the next one then? I'll come along on the beamer!

Grandma

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 07 January 2014, 05:51:39 am »
"And let her ride your bike too Kosmic- just to wind up Exup!"

:lol
Or this...................
[/size][/color]Trying to find photo's of black Fazer 1000, but on desktop I think. even this bike had attitude, as my friend wrote it off in France, I was behind him when he misjudged a roundabout, hit the Amoco which shot him into the centre of the road which had a raised section in the middle. Up to then the Fazer had looked after him, then decided this was too much, hit the raised section and somersaulted, throwing him off, then righted itself and carried on to Belgium without him, until it ran out of steam. He ended up in Dunkirk Hospital for the day with a dislocated hip, and we spent the day in Brugge. Luckily we had taken a backup van which had gone to Le Touquet with the main group, and this came back and picked up the Fazer and my friend who was in a wheelchair which I think he was billed for! The Fazer was written off Cat C so he bought it back and rebuilt it from E Bay, rode it for a year then sold it to me. I had it two years to keep the miles off the R1, even taking it back to France without incident a couple of times. The new owner loves it, as it was modded up and nearly as fast as the R1[/font] 8)