Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:01 pm

Author Topic: TRANSFORM HEADLIGHTS  (Read 13887 times)

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: TRANSFORM HEADLIGHTS
« Reply #25 on: 19 December 2013, 08:43:01 pm »

I beg to differ, all you've done is show a picture of a beam of light.
This is a forum designed to give people detailed help, and although you've taken the time to show us the end result, most people, especially ones very new to biking or with zero or very minimal hands on experience would've preferred to see some photo's of the fitment instead, but you seem to be avoiding questions by giving daft answers.  :wall

No need to beg

I have gave very straight easy to understand details and  what are you trying to suggest when you write AVOIDING QUESTIONS.

Maybe if you understood english better you would be able to understand the very simple way that i have fitted these leds so that even a child could fit them. :foc

Im sorry, but I diasgree. I have no idea, along with most of the other people on this thread, of what you have actually done.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 December 2013, 09:06:53 pm »

I beg to differ, all you've done is show a picture of a beam of light.
This is a forum designed to give people detailed help, and although you've taken the time to show us the end result, most people, especially ones very new to biking or with zero or very minimal hands on experience would've preferred to see some photo's of the fitment instead, but you seem to be avoiding questions by giving daft answers.  :wall

No need to beg

I have gave very straight easy to understand details and  what are you trying to suggest when you write AVOIDING QUESTIONS.

Maybe if you understood english better you would be able to understand the very simple way that i have fitted these leds so that even a child could fit them. :foc

I don't understand your English because you write and spell like a child, but that's neither here nor there!
The point is several people have now asked for more details, preferably photo's, but you're answering like it's some sort of childish game so STILL nobody is any wiser?
A picture speaks a thousand words, can you comprehend that or not, or are you really just that arrogant?  :crazy
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 December 2013, 09:40:04 pm »
Seriously?!

Just take 2 pictures.

1 of the bulb through the lens (its see through!) but with the bulb turned off. This will show us all A) what the bulb looks like and B) how you've fitted it.

2. A picture of a wall in front of the bike, as you sit on the bike, with the led bulbs illuminated. Thus we'll all be able to see A) how bright the bulbs really are, and B) what pattern of light they throw out.

A picture tells a thousand words.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 December 2013, 10:09:31 pm »
:stop

I removed some posts, which I don't like to do because it's best if people look after themselves.

It's obvious that people are getting frustrated how how about one of you go round to evolution's place and check out the job, take the pictures and do a more detailed write-up. Just because evolution has done the discovery doesn't mean he is good at communicating his find.

So who's volunteering?

N A Chess

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 December 2013, 10:16:36 pm »
Just wondered about MOT issues? My local Yam dealer told me that even the very common Fazer headlight modification (so that both sides come on) is a fail........... :eek 

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 December 2013, 10:29:45 pm »

I removed some posts, which I don't like to do because it's best if people look after themselves.

It's obvious that people are getting frustrated how how about one of you go round to evolution's place and check out the job, take the pictures and do a more detailed write-up. Just because evolution has done the discovery doesn't mean he is good at communicating his find.

So who's volunteering?

Think i'll pass on that one thanks  :lol

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 December 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

So who's volunteering?

Think i'll pass on that one thanks  :lol

Lol!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 December 2013, 10:48:21 pm »
Just wondered about MOT issues? My local Yam dealer told me that even the very common Fazer headlight modification (so that both sides come on) is a fail........... :eek

My bike has always passed okay with the mod.
I could understand if it was something outrageous, but to me it's a blatant necessity at the very least, unless they're more concerned about the wiring side of things?

apage16

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 December 2013, 10:49:53 pm »

They're just scaring you.

The MOT regulations say this:

"On twin headlamp systems only one or both headlamp may be illuminated for either dipped or main beam. Each headlamp that can be illuminated on dipped beam must meet the requirement for dipped beam headlamps."

So you can have twin headlights, that both illuminate at once. Yamaha just choose not to, apparently due to euro safety recommendations that say a bike with twin headlights MIGHT be mistaken at night for a car that is further away (due to the small distance between the lights).

Personally I put being able to see where I'm going slightly above what a cager MIGHT think! And I NEVER assume they've seen me anyway.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2013, 07:44:53 pm by apage16 »

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #34 on: 19 December 2013, 11:25:30 pm »
Hi Evolution
Would you be able to give us the bulb type? Eg. H1, H4 or whatever it is?

I've been going through various BMW bulb fitments and not yet found the one you've used.

Thanks

wickedmonkey

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 December 2013, 10:08:48 am »
Anyone know if I can do this mod to my 98 Fazer? I think the headlamps are different.

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 December 2013, 11:40:31 am »

Personally I put being able to see where I'm going slightly above what a caged MIGHT think! And I NEVER assume they've seen me anyway.

Completely agree with this sentiment. Assume they're all clueless and blind as a bat and ride every mile defensively!!!  :D

Anyway, back to the Christmas Miracle LED light mod, I hope someone close to evolution manages to pop down and get us the write up we're all begging for  :b

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 December 2013, 01:55:31 pm »

Personally I put being able to see where I'm going slightly above what a caged MIGHT think! And I NEVER assume they've seen me anyway.

Completely agree with this sentiment. Assume they're all clueless and blind as a bat and ride every mile defensively!!!  :D

Anyway, back to the Christmas Miracle LED light mod, I hope someone close to evolution manages to pop down and get us the write up we're all begging for  :b

I think you should go, as technically you're a bit closer than me.  :lol

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 December 2013, 02:03:07 pm »
Anyone know if I can do this mod to my 98 Fazer? I think the headlamps are different.
This mod is shown on a Mk1 or boxeye Fazer, which is what a 1998 model will be unless it has been modified with the later fairing etc. The 2002-2003 Fazer, known as the foxeye type, has a different headlight which has much better dip and main beam. This mod would not be of much use to the later model except for a better pilot light.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 25 December 2013, 02:26:33 am »
I think this guy's picked up his ball and gone home! You'll have to figure it out between yourselves :/

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 December 2013, 08:29:48 am »
Got the most fantastic Xmas tree in our street, huge lights, baubles, tinsel, the full works, shines like a good'un...........i'm not showing it to you though............if you wanna match it then you're more than welcome to give it a go.  :lol :lol :lol

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 25 December 2013, 09:59:41 am »

From the fuzzy images he's provided it looks like the LEDs are mounted next to the existing H4 and H1 bulbs. That suggests his reflectors may have been modified before he got hold of the bike since the standard reflectors don't have these rectangular holes he refers to.
It also suggests the mod isn't likely to last very long… LEDs don't cope well with high temperatures. Mount them next to a 55w bulb and they'll be fried in a few hours.

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 25 December 2013, 12:16:10 pm »

I just moved houses now to make YOU closer!  :lol 

There's no christmas tree in your street, but it IS snowing on my side of Kenton Road  :b

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 25 December 2013, 12:24:42 pm »
it IS snowing on my side of Kenton Road  :b

It's sunny in pinner road!

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 25 December 2013, 12:36:41 pm »

as it's said in old money, Scorchio!!

:thumbup :thumbup :sun :sun

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 25 December 2013, 12:46:17 pm »

as it's said in old money, Scorchio!!

:thumbup :thumbup :sun :sun
Molto Molto scortchio

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 25 December 2013, 12:57:11 pm »

There's no christmas tree in your street, but it IS snowing on my side of Kenton Road  :b

You've moved the other side of me now?
Would that've been you turning into the road next to the pub on a red bike that i saw the other day then?
« Last Edit: 25 December 2013, 12:59:51 pm by darrsi »

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 25 December 2013, 01:17:10 pm »

You've moved the other side of me now?
Would that've been you turning into the road next to the pub on a red bike that i saw the other day then?

That is most possible, yes, although I would prefer if if we used the official colour name for my bike: Vivid Red Cocktail. Yeah, that's right, I'm well hard!  :lol

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 25 December 2013, 03:56:00 pm »

That suggests his reflectors may have been modified before he got hold of the bike since the standard reflectors don't have these rectangular holes he refers to.

I think the holes referred to are just in front of where the bulb retaining wire clips in place. About 9mm high and 7mm wide but with the 9mm sides curved a bit.
As previously said the shield on the left hand side bulb partley covers the hole.
In keeping with all good descriptions, a couple of photo's to illustrate the point  ;) .

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 26 December 2013, 12:18:07 am »

That suggests his reflectors may have been modified before he got hold of the bike since the standard reflectors don't have these rectangular holes he refers to.

I think the holes referred to are just in front of where the bulb retaining wire clips in place. About 9mm high and 7mm wide but with the 9mm sides curved a bit.

I wondered if that might be it, and dismissed it as the bit that the clip hooks onto would be in the way, but perhaps you could jam a T10 in there.
It's still going to get cooked by the incandescent bulb though.