Date: 19-04-24  Time: 02:40 am

Author Topic: Possble accessories sell off  (Read 4795 times)

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
Possble accessories sell off
« on: 01 December 2013, 03:53:32 pm »
Hi guys, just been given a really bad price for trade in for my fazer 8, its kitted out with everything, so just waiting to find out if I will get same price if bike was put back to bog standard, if they say yes, then I will be selling off all my extras that have been fitted, the list is as follows, Viper Blue seat colw, viper blue belly pans, ASV levers, Crash Bungs, Akrapovic Exhaust, Silver FZ8 Radiator protector, and I have also changed the main suspension on it, more details for that can be supplied later, is there anybody interested in maybe purchasing any of them, I would put the bike up for sale as is, but its still under finance to need to clear that.
steve
Enjoying life, hate the fact that im not getting any younger!!!    Also why is there never anybody in the Chat room, hate talking to myself!

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
Re: Possble accessories sell off
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2013, 05:30:44 pm »
Hi
Sorry you've been given such a crap price. Not surprising if you are selling to a dealr though.
I might be interested in the radiator protector depending on condition/make/price. Don't need anything else thanks  :)
« Last Edit: 03 December 2013, 05:32:16 pm by sure2ride »
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2013, 06:36:06 pm »
Its ok, Kawasaki dealer up the road gave me a great deal on it, just over £1000 more than the shop where I purchased it from, although to be fair I am buying a bike from them for £14000, and they are holding the price they are giving me till March next year so the new bike will have 2014 plate on it, so all in all, I got a reasonably good deal that im happy with.  :D
steve
Enjoying life, hate the fact that im not getting any younger!!!    Also why is there never anybody in the Chat room, hate talking to myself!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 December 2013, 07:13:19 am »
hello Steve,
know how you must have felt-you bought the bike new & improved it with tasteful & costly accessories some of which you bought from orig. dealer.
When you ask for a valuation from them a while later its another story. Conclusion-they simply aren't "hungry" enough to want your future business.
As you know, without mentioning any names, I know the dealer in question, having spent a lot of money with them over the last 6 years- I  recently  suggested they might consider implementing a customer loyalty card scheme where every purchase earns points redeemable off future spend. Were they interested?----think you know the answer to that one!!
Don't think they will be around too long with the old attitude-its a buyers market these days & only the fit will survive. Glad you got a good price from Kawasaki!

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 December 2013, 09:40:55 am »
Hello Dave, yes you know who I am talking about, and every accessory on there were original parts, and yes they cost loads, what I was pissed off about mainly was, the bike I purchased from them had akrapovic exhaust and tail tidy and hugger already fitted from new, it was a demo bike to show what it can look like with those parts added so I actually paid more than a standard fazer for it, they said its going to cost me more as those parts are already fitted, but when I wanted to trade it, they were giving me a price without those parts fitted, which I thought was totally unfair, as I was just returning bike as you say even better than what I was when I got it. oh well they lost out in the end, cant wait to pick my new ZZR 1400 up in March now lol
steve

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2013, 09:00:56 pm »
Is it 1 like mine

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 December 2013, 09:20:11 pm »
I don't pick it up till 1st March so its got 2014 plate, and its the new performance sport, here is exact one im getting, they giving me £5000 for my fazer,

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 December 2013, 09:31:31 pm »
Nice 1 mate just watch the twist of the wrist treble figures come up easy and very quickly

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2013, 09:32:53 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, my wife has a Busa, so I had to go one better lol

Ian-man

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
That looks the dogs, fast as fook standing still.
Bet you can't wait ;-)

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 December 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, my wife has a Busa, so I had to go one better lol

myfazer8

• CBT Wobbler
  • AKA Steve
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • - Fazer 8 ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2013, 10:03:29 pm »
Thanks guys, no I cant wait, have the pic on my pc, so reminded every time a look at it, it will soon come round, and I still have my fazer to ride up until then  :D