Date: 26-04-24  Time: 10:54 am

Author Topic: REPLYING  (Read 1483 times)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
REPLYING
« on: 22 October 2013, 05:57:36 pm »
How do you reply to a post within a thread topic .

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: REPLYING
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2013, 06:41:47 pm »
I want some of what you're smoking :lol

Hit "reply" of course, youve got over 100 posts, are they all just posts with no replies???

Or do you mean to an individual where you quote what they said???, if so then you hit the "quote" button, go to the bottom & reply underneath to the quote.

Actually come to think of it i still dont know how to highlight a particular bit of text & quote it for a reply, anyone know how to do that?????
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2013, 06:43:31 pm »
I want some of what you're smoking :lol

Haha !!fool Noggy,,, :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

tell it like it is!!!! :eek
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

Actually come to think of it i still dont know how to highlight a particular bit of text & quote it for a reply, anyone know how to do that?????

Like this? Just delete the bits you don't want.

You can always preview it to see you've got it like you want. Don't like how it's come out? Just go back and start again, or continue editing, preview again.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2013, 06:49:06 pm by nick crisp »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2013, 06:47:32 pm »
He he, sorry esteest i didnt mean to sound so cocky :lol , quote is top right beside modify & reply is underneath the persons last post....hope that helps mate....

Looking forward to your "reply" :b

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2013, 06:49:57 pm »

Like this?

Cheers nick that makes sense but i reckon the wizzards are using a selective quote tool, i jus used your method though, nice & logical :)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2013, 07:00:06 pm »

Like this?

Cheers nick that makes sense but i reckon the wizzards are using a selective quote tool, i jus used your method though, nice & logical :)
I must admit, I hate it when loads of peeps keep quoting other quotes and each reply gets extremely long. No probs on the P.C. But on my phone it's a chore.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2013, 07:01:55 pm »

Like this?

I must admit, I hate it when loads of peeps keep quoting other quotes and each reply gets extremely long. No probs on the P.C. But on my phone it's a chore.

Mickey

Sometimes it's useful, as it helps to show your reply in context.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 October 2013, 07:09:56 pm »
It is useful, especially if 5 folk jump post[size=78%] in before you get time to type a reply...i think we've hit the nail on the head though.....phones & ipads.....im really quick on a pc...shit i can even touch type in anger while watching youve been framed but on this bloody ipad im back to the typing ability of an 85 year old Lama & trying to edit things etc is a complete chore..........[/size]

[size=78%]Easy answer.....stop using my ipad[/size] :rolleyes

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2013, 07:13:22 pm »

Like this?

Mickey

Sometimes it's useful, as it helps to show your reply in context.

I agree, sometimes it is useful. Nick, the other way to selectively quote is just highlight the test you want to quote, hold down CTRL and press C (copy). go to quick reply, hold down CTRL and press V (paste), then surround the text in quote tags ([ q u o t e] quote in here [ / q u o t e] without the spaces. if you want it to say quoted by such and such, you just start the first quote tag with [q u o t e = nick crisp] without spaces.

Sounds complex. dead simple in reality.

There are other useful bb code shortcuts like quote to learn, all you do is put them in parenthesis (and at the end use a forward slash as well to "close" the tag) some other useful code is:

B - bold text
U - underline
I - italics
strike - strike through text
quote - quote text
url - link
img - image tags to show a picture

those are the main ones ^^^^

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 October 2013, 08:32:52 pm »
LOL, What am I smoking , what are you lot smoking its stronger than mine , thanks for the advice guys but I think I,m going to get something stronger to smoke , confused, I am  .   
How do you reply to a post within a thread topic .