• Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
Strike
« on: 30 November 2011, 01:06:47 pm »
has the Strike affected anyone today?

I put the bins out this morning and I'm hoping they will be emptied by the tome I get back tonight!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Re: Strike
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2011, 02:08:48 pm »
I work at a university and there is a large portion of workers striking today. I asume it will affect a lot of public servants, like myself. With the exception of emergency services, who will be on a skeleton staff rota. Bin's, not really a priority compared to worsening working conditions for those people who make life a little easier fro us all.  :)
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2011, 02:48:31 pm »
I work at a university and there is a large portion of workers striking today. I asume it will affect a lot of public servants, like myself. With the exception of emergency services, who will be on a skeleton staff rota. Bin's, not really a priority compared to worsening working conditions for those people who make life a little easier fro us all.  :)

:agree
Head Focced

ZiggyCol

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Multistrada 950
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2011, 04:30:17 pm »
has the Strike affected anyone today?

Yes - a lot less traffic on the roads this morning  :)
....----////   Life is not a rehearsal   \\\\----....

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2011, 07:39:34 pm »
Had the two youngest grandkids (and their dog) for the day. Took them for a coastal walk and exploration of rocks, with lunch in a small cafe. They loved it and so did I, so  :) all round. Saw a couple of other oldies out with young kids for the day on a similar mission.

fazed600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki GSXR1000 K7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2011, 08:40:37 pm »
Noticeably less traffic here as well but the centre (of Bath) was packed at lunchtime. I think the Christmas market did alright though!

Rehab

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2011, 08:55:17 pm »
I've been on strike today, we were told not to picket the place I work at so I've just stopped in and scratched my backside!

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2011, 09:36:11 pm »
One child and school one at home (so tears at breakfast time). My union wasn't striking but a few colleagues were off.
http://pensionsjustice.org.uk/the-article-the-sun-refused-to-run/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Just Anne

• foc-u masterbaker
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati Monster 821
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2011, 10:40:15 pm »
All non-emergency procedures cancelled at the hosptal where I work, only 4 or 5 people picketing at the gate though. I wasn't one of them, I don't think my union, the Royal College of Nursing, has ever voted to take strike action.

Anne
A girl can dream can't she?

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2011, 08:21:22 am »
Bin's, not really a priority compared to worsening working conditions for those people who make life a little easier fro us all.  :)

I just wanted to point out I wasn't having a go at those that were striking or the cause that they are striking for. I'm now in the public sector after spending 26 years as a public servant (Royal Navy), and no I'm not going to get on the band wagon of our armed forces cant strike! IMHO if the other public servants can turn it around for them then they are in a win win situation!

oh  bins were emptied in Portsmouth & kids at school in Cornwall so happy all round!

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2011, 04:55:03 pm »
' Interesting what one union leader said about Clarkson's comments today

"An apology is not enough - we are calling on the BBC to sack Jeremy Clarkson immediately.

Almost tiresome isn't it. Most people smirk, then tut and shake their head at the sort of nonsense Clarkson spouts, but wait a minute here comes some puffball who decides he is mortally offended and someone must pay.
 I recently told a muslim chappie on another forum that no-one has the right to not be offended. To my dismay he said that they should change the law in that case.
 Just wait, soon it will be illegal to offend people.

Gingernutz

• FOC-U Dancing on Ice Champion
    June 08
    Joint winner Feb 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2011, 08:59:34 pm »
I hear you Phil. If people read the full interview it was clearly Clarkson taking the piss.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2011, 10:14:35 pm »
' Interesting what one union leader said about Clarkson's comments today

"An apology is not enough - we are calling on the BBC to sack Jeremy Clarkson immediately.

Clarkson is a troll. He just says things to get people wound up, although in this case he's also being quoted out of context because the bit before where he says "this is the BBC, we have to have balance" seems to have been edited out from most of the articles and video clips.

I recently told a muslim chappie on another forum that no-one has the right to not be offended. To my dismay he said that they should change the law in that case.

Well, he's in good company, because that's the way most Daily Fail readers think too!

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 December 2011, 10:54:16 am »
Whatever happened to having a sense of humour about these kind of things? Demanding Clarkson be sacked for his comments is as about as ridiculous as taking what he said seriously.

Pretty cheap and easy publicity for the Christmas special though...
thou shalt not kick

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #14 on: 02 December 2011, 11:20:34 am »

Pretty cheap and easy publicity for the Christmas special though...

Wont harm his book sales either!!
just think if all those that 4000 plus peaople that complained to the beeb bought his book to burn in protest lol!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02 December 2011, 12:58:58 pm »
What a load of tosh, i watched it live and it was clarksons attempt at a joke, and i do meen attempt lol  :rolleyes

Personaly i wasnt upset by anything he said, even the comment about death on the railways. which i think was possably more offencive. but it was clearly all said as an attempt at humor i just dont find him that funny anyway.

I think its silly and over blown to even ask for an apollagy and down right stupid to call for him to be sacked. im dispointed in the BBC and clarkson (if its possable to be dissapointed in that gimp) for saying sorry over this.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 December 2011, 01:28:45 pm »
What a load of tosh, i watched it live and it was clarksons attempt at a joke, and i do meen attempt lol  :rolleyes

Personaly i wasnt upset by anything he said, even the comment about death on the railways. which i think was possably more offencive. but it was clearly all said as an attempt at humor i just dont find him that funny anyway.

I think its silly and over blown to even ask for an apollagy and down right stupid to call for him to be sacked. im dispointed in the BBC and clarkson (if its possable to be dissapointed in that gimp) for saying sorry over this.

I laughed  :evil  at the shoot the strikers bit,  the the railway suicide's even had the rest of the presenters white faced.  That was not funny,  and I have the blackest, twisted sense of humour on the planet.  I even said the the missus "Christ, that was a bit hard".  He deserved a final warning for that one.  Imagine the poor bastards who had lost a relative to suicide on the railways
Head Focced

peejay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Bonneville
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 December 2011, 08:39:07 pm »
In Clarkson mode, if peeps wish to throw themselves under a train, why not wait for a goods train, instead of inconveniencing 150+  passengers.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 December 2011, 11:31:20 am »
Clarkson?  I thought why not just shoot Clarkson.  Then I thought what a waste of a bullet, just hang him instead.

Now I wonder if the would be Mr Clarkson, who earns a couple of million a year, has ever told jokes about shooting phone hacking journos?  Has he ever cracked a risky joke about Murdoch, David Cameron (Grodon Brown was a one eyed Scottish idiot), Rebekkah Brooks etc.  Oh of course those are his friends. 

Is Mr Clarkson, whilst lining his pockets, making cheap jokes, playing politics for his buddies, making fun of himself, or yet again hitting the headlines just as he launches yet another tedious and childish DVD. 

Oh foc it, pass me the rope.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 December 2011, 12:14:02 pm »
One of the lads at work has just bought a 348

And as a result I came across this 'vintage' Clarkson;

Old Top Gear Ferrari 348

He's always been a stylish foccer - what?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 December 2011, 08:42:58 pm »
That should be............... would be comic Mr Clarkson.  I forgot the word comic.

Now of course, on any other forum that I've used I'd just edit it.

But for some unfathomable reason, even now it's moved host, there's no edit button on foc-u, so yup I've gotta bore you all with an almost totally pointless posting.

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 December 2011, 09:33:43 pm »
No change there then
The Frying Scotsman

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2011, 04:44:51 pm »
'

Ehm.....

Its abouut to be passed up here, but only at football matches
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 December 2011, 08:06:11 pm »

Ehm.....

Its abouut to be passed up here, but only at football matches

Oh yes, I read about that. Is it going to be illegal to simply offend christians of a different stripe or is it ok to blaspheme against islam in the stadium?
 In other words, where does this end and also, who's deciding what is offensive, what isn't and who is being offended and who isn't offended?
 Is anyone turning the other cheek?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 December 2011, 08:19:53 pm »
In other words, where does this end and also, who's deciding what is offensive, what isn't and who is being offended and who isn't offended?

I would have thought that football should be about, well football.

The problem is that some matches are about pure hatred, and in the case of the 'old firm' a stupid religious bigotry that should have been put to bed many years ago.

Now I wonder if you could tell me what is inoffensive about the following;

Hello, hello, we are the Billy boys,
 Hello, hello, you'll know us by our noise,
 We're up to our knees in Fenian blood,
 Surrender or you'll die,
 For we are the Brigton Derry boys.

There are many other such songs and chants.  Hardly lends itself to a nice family day out, now does it. 

While many revel in the hatred and inevitable violence (not to mention cost to the tax payer) that follows old firm matches, many others are sick of it, and it's about time football became just that, football.  A great many fans understand this and want it, but if those so called 'hard core' fans can't behave, well then yes, it looks like Scotland is gonna make em behave.