Date: 19-04-24  Time: 07:52 am

Author Topic: Sunday ride outs  (Read 1487 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Sunday ride outs
« on: 06 October 2013, 10:56:00 am »
Absolutely lovely day, me and the missus going on the cb to sunny hunny (Hunstanton) after I've done me Sunday morning jobs.just been looking on line for any other meets in Norfolk...predictably, none.
Whatever happened to Sunday bike meets? Even my mates who still have bikes just can't be arsed to go for a weekend ride nowadays just for the sake of it. Sad really innit ..why do so many people give up and die years before they actually do.. :(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday ride outs
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2013, 11:05:39 am »
I blame sky tv...sport, racing, cookery etc etc
I only have freeview so not worth wasting power on the on/off switch & im more likely to get out & about doing something like going for a nice ride instead.
Hope you have a good run anyway & hopefully theres lots of folk out n about in a non organised fashion. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2013, 11:49:10 am »
I have potted my plum jam, made a bottle of damson gin,just been to restart a boiler,walked the dog ,brekkie now at 11.50 and just about to jump on the flying machine to head south to see if i can meet them lost foccers following Nick Crisp.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2013, 11:59:24 am »
sorry slim had the urge to steal :)

damsons going in the vodka after?
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2013, 07:09:41 pm »
Absolutely lovely day, me and the missus going on the cb to sunny hunny (Hunstanton) after I've done me Sunday morning jobs.just been looking on line for any other meets in Norfolk...predictably, none.
Whatever happened to Sunday bike meets? Even my mates who still have bikes just can't be arsed to go for a weekend ride nowadays just for the sake of it. Sad really innit ..why do so many people give up and die years before they actually do.. :(

I blame sky tv...sport, racing, cookery etc etc
I only have freeview so not worth wasting power on the on/off switch & im more likely to get out & about doing something like going for a nice ride instead.
Hope you have a good run anyway & hopefully theres lots of folk out n about in a non organised fashion. 8)

Bike meets are ok, but you just gotta get out when the weather's like this - made for riding in, not standing around having a natter. No telly at home so I'm always out on the  :faz  when the sun's out!
But, there's a good bike meet/café at Thetford if that's not too far for you Ogri. Used to ride up to it from High Beach in Epping sometimes on a Sunday morning - that's the only one I know of out that way  :)

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2013, 09:29:18 pm »
Met up for a ride out with Derbyshire Bikers today. First time I've been. Wasn't expecting 80 odd of them! Bit intimidating when you don't know anyone but what the hell. Friendly enough bunch.

But point is this was only the group's 7th ride and only started this year yet already 800 facebook members and a good number of descent folks showing up

So at least round my way there's certainly still a demand for the Sunday ride out. Perhaps it just needs someone to pull it together

Problem is now a days that seems to mean facebook or similar, I resisted for years but finally sold my soul to get in on these groups, don't regret it so far tbh

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2013, 09:43:30 pm »
 :eek  80! Yeah, think I'd be a bit intimidated riding amongst that lot too!
Bet the guy at the front was just out on his own for a Sunday spin - "WTF?!! Who's this lot that keep following me everywhere?!"  :lol

Haha, like the new forum profile shot!  :)  That'll be £30,000 for the copyright, please!  :lol 

Ton13

• Weekend Warrior
  • Tonie
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Honda VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2013, 12:10:37 am »
I went for breakfast last sunday and ended up on the M54 with 150 bikers....
every weekend without fail (unless im at work) I am out on the bike... come rain or shine...

Quatford Bike Café for Breakfast and then where ever the roads take us...

Ride It Like You've Stole It